PDA

View Full Version : Ever had food poisoning?

SymphonicX
29-Nov-2008, 01:33 PM
I just ate something, well, attempted to eat a Steak burger from the canteen at work, and it was beyond "rare", it was spurting thick blood and was completely uncooked in the middle, I couldn't even manage a proper bite because it was so chewy...I feel SICK....but how long does food poisoning take to kick in, and could I get it from beef?

thanks!!!

capncnut
29-Nov-2008, 02:46 PM
I ate a dodgy Chinese meal once and the stomach cramps kicked in almost instantaneously. If you didn't even manage a proper bite, the chances are you're not 'infected'. :D

MikePizzoff
29-Nov-2008, 04:43 PM
You should be worried about something worse than food poisoning.

Could be salmonella from the meat being under cooked?

Tricky
29-Nov-2008, 05:58 PM
Yeah ive had it before,one time was from mcdonalds,another time was burger king in mallorca,and ive had it from some dodgy sandwich spread before too :dead:

Exatreides
29-Nov-2008, 06:20 PM
Thats how I order my steaks. Raw with some warmth in the middle.

Never had any problems with food poisoning or anything like that.

nom nom nom.

Cody
29-Nov-2008, 07:24 PM
just poo it off. youll be fine.

Danny
29-Nov-2008, 08:37 PM
ate a cinema hot dog once.

i dont need to go any further than i had a gastrointestinal fugue by the time i got home, but i was watching tomb raider, maybe that wasit.

bassman
29-Nov-2008, 09:46 PM
My mother once got food poisoning. Before we left the store she had a stomach problem and tremors. It got worse FAST and she ended up spending about 1 1/2 weeks in the hospital. It was pretty bad.

Needless to say, we never went back to that place....

DawnGirl27
30-Nov-2008, 01:15 AM
Ate some fried shrimp that didn't agree with me from a "family dining" type place - was dehydrated from the loss of fluids from throwing up and time spent in the bathroom. Not a thing I'd like to repeat ever. :eek:

MaximusIncredulous
30-Nov-2008, 03:02 AM
Also ate some bad Chinese food. Poisoning started off as a fever that went up to 103.something degrees over a couple of days and vomiting. After the fever and vomiting died off, diarrhea began for about 3 days. The only way I could stop it was with some Kaopectate otherwise it would've gone on forever. Maybe it was Norovirus.

Cody
30-Nov-2008, 05:39 AM
pffft to al waht these people say im telling ya man all you need is a good poo

SymphonicX
30-Nov-2008, 11:32 AM
Looks like I survived then!!

But I still feel ill thinking about it!! Kinda good thing it kicks in right away cos it won't be possible to blame it on much else..

Tricky
30-Nov-2008, 01:05 PM
the worst part is when your sat on the bog spraying rusty water out of one end,and vomiting in the washing up bowl you have sat on your knee at the same time,worst feeling ever :dead: and you darent fart for days after in case of a follow through...

MikePizzoff
30-Nov-2008, 04:40 PM
pffft to al waht these people say im telling ya man all you need is a good poo

Booze + internet don't mix, Cody.

LoSTBoY
01-Dec-2008, 02:54 PM
Thats how I order my steaks. Raw with some warmth in the middle.

Never had any problems with food poisoning or anything like that.

nom nom nom.

Dat made me smile :)

Eagle Eye
01-Dec-2008, 11:56 PM
Food poisining will hit you in a matter of minutes.

Chic Freak
06-Dec-2008, 02:17 PM
It's worth the risk for a nice bloody steak!

But yeah, food poisoning kicks in really quickly and is so dramatic you'd know if you had it!

capncnut
06-Dec-2008, 02:46 PM
It's worth the risk for a nice bloody steak!
Or a really scabby kebab for that matter. :)

Chic Freak
06-Dec-2008, 02:47 PM
Or a really scabby kebab for that matter. :)

Nothing is worth it for a kebab in any form

ProfessorChaos
06-Jan-2010, 03:09 AM
so i realize this thread is a couple years old, but i didn't feel like starting a new one.

me and the ladyfriend picked up some mexican cuisine from a local joint the other afternoon, then headed across the state to where i attend university, since i have a job back there and i had to go to work sunday night. while i was at work she sent me a text saying she wasn't feeling well...then another text telling me she'd just got sick.

then i started feeling bad, but figured it was psycho-somatic or sympathetic or something... once i got home from work and saw how bad she was feeling, it was less than an hour after that when i started up-chucking. then she got sick again, and on and on it went...we both were up almost all night getting sick as hell, with neither of us getting even a sold hour of sleep.

yesterday was pretty bad for both of us as well, although not quite as bad as sunday evening/monday morning. all we did was stay in bed and sleep, had a few gatorades to drink (since neither of us could eat). we both still got sick a time or two, more me than her, but it was still a very miserable day.

today we both were feeling very weak and totally drained, since we'd not had a decent meal and very poor sleep in the last couple of days. we felt decent enough to head home (almost a 3 hour drive) this evening, as she's already missed two days of work this week. i've got the rest of the week off from work and classes don't resume till next week, so that's a blessing.

but yeah, it'll be quite a while before we ever dine at that fucking place again.

DjfunkmasterG
07-Jan-2010, 10:14 AM
It can start within an hour or take up to 24, depends on how much bacteria is in the product and the strength of the bacteria.

I had food poisoning in 2008 from a XMAS turkey dinner it last 10 days the first 24 hours, once it kicked in were brutal, day 2 I was in the hospital, day 4 I was released, and by Day 10 I could actually eat a decent meal again. I also ended up losing 10 lbs in those ten days... BEST DIET EVER! :lol:

---------- Post added at 06:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:12 AM ----------

so i realize this thread is a couple years old, but i didn't feel like starting a new one.

me and the ladyfriend picked up some mexican cuisine from a local joint the other afternoon, then headed across the state to where i attend university, since i have a job back there and i had to go to work sunday night. while i was at work she sent me a text saying she wasn't feeling well...then another text telling me she'd just got sick.

then i started feeling bad, but figured it was psycho-somatic or sympathetic or something... once i got home from work and saw how bad she was feeling, it was less than an hour after that when i started up-chucking. then she got sick again, and on and on it went...we both were up almost all night getting sick as hell, with neither of us getting even a sold hour of sleep.

yesterday was pretty bad for both of us as well, although not quite as bad as sunday evening/monday morning. all we did was stay in bed and sleep, had a few gatorades to drink (since neither of us could eat). we both still got sick a time or two, more me than her, but it was still a very miserable day.

today we both were feeling very weak and totally drained, since we'd not had a decent meal and very poor sleep in the last couple of days. we felt decent enough to head home (almost a 3 hour drive) this evening, as she's already missed two days of work this week. i've got the rest of the week off from work and classes don't resume till next week, so that's a blessing.

but yeah, it'll be quite a while before we ever dine at that fucking place again.

The key to food poisoning is to keep hydrated. Drink lots and lots of water. Gatorade contains sodium, which doesn't help. Drink lots of water, if you can, up to a gallon a day, it will also help flush your system out.

ProfessorChaos
07-Jan-2010, 07:15 PM
yeah, i had just hopped on the scale on new year's day to see where i was at. once i got back to my hometown after being sick, i got on the same scale and had lost 10 pounds in 5 days.

i was trying to drink as much water as i could, but on that first day, it just kept leaving me one way or another within half an hour of taking it in.

feeling much better today, was actually able to put down 3 eggs, 2 pieces of toast, and 6 slices of bacon this morning. so i guess i'm through the woods....but man, that was a terrible couple of days.:(

rongravy
07-Jan-2010, 07:43 PM
...mexican cuisine...

One of my dumbest moments is when I went to some Mexican place and pulled into the parking lot. When I opened my door there was a huge pile of barf right there where'd I'd step out, so I moved. That alone should've been warning enough to me. But no....
By the time I got home from eating their enchiladas I was vomiting out both ends. Up until that point, my stomach had swelled to near comically painful proportions.
I can't eat any buffet without getting ill, especially Chinese ones. The less people that touch my food, the better. You can't trust anyone to wash their hands anymore.

ProfessorChaos
07-Jan-2010, 07:54 PM
One of my dumbest moments is when I went to some Mexican place and pulled into the parking lot. When I opened my door there was a huge pile of barf right there...

(i just used this a minute ago in another thread, but you just made me spit gatorade on my lap, so here it is again)

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h145/Twista6002/i-lol-d.jpg

GhostWolf
09-Jan-2010, 04:11 AM
Last time i ate at a Taco Del Mar in Seattle i had the worst case of food poisoning in my life thus far. Burrito didn't taste too bad, but by the time i'd walked the two miles from Downtown to my old apartment on Queen Anne i knew i had problems. Spent the night emptying my body of fluids through all available means and had to pack up a van and move my crap accross the puget sound the next day.

From the time i ate to the time i first expelled said burrito was an hour and a half maybe. I'm assuming as this post is from days back you'll have found out by now if you've gotten food poisoning. So i'll finish this by saying two things; Shredded lettuce should NEVER be forced out of one's nose, and Goodluck and drink lots of water it'll pass in two or three days.

krakenslayer
09-Jan-2010, 10:52 AM
By the time I got home from eating their enchiladas I was vomiting out both ends.

You sharted in your CAR!? So that's why they call you RonGRAVY. :lol:

The moral of the story: never trust a fart. :D

rongravy
09-Jan-2010, 06:45 PM
You sharted in your CAR!? So that's why they call you RonGRAVY. :lol:

The moral of the story: never trust a fart. :D

"Honey, do farts have LUMPS?"
"Ummmmmm, no, why?"
"Nothing," I say as I slowly hit the down button on driver's side window...

Ok, I misspoke. As soon as I got home, in the car, I was subjected to things my mouth and anus should never, ever, be put through again.
Not without money changing hands first, at least...

krakenslayer
09-Jan-2010, 07:56 PM
"Honey, do farts have LUMPS?"
"Ummmmmm, no, why?"
"Nothing," I say as I slowly hit the down button on driver's side window...

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

*gasp* my ribs... *gasp* oh dear god... hahahahaha

Andy
09-Jan-2010, 08:15 PM
Lets just say if your ever in manchester, i can tell you from personal experience which indian places to stay away from..

jded
09-Jan-2010, 10:15 PM
Never, ever eat a hamburger that's rare! The furthest I go is medium if they ask me how I would like it cooked. If it's a fast food joint the odd's of getting an undercooked patty is slim. They've got this down to a science now, and unless it's purposely done by an unhappy or dense employee these companies can't afford to lose money or face these days, and some of them have been through it already.

I'd say the only way I'd even think of ordering a rare hamburger is if it was Kosher, and then I'm not sure if ground beef falls under this Jewish ritual at all.
I always order a steak medium rare because over this stage you end up losing flavor from carmelization and juiciness from fat marbelization melting, and under leaves you with a cold center and you might as well be eating tar tar and hanging out at one of those underground wharehouse's in New York pretending to be a vampire.

It would probably astonish you, especially those with children, that McDonalds is your better bet for a school lunch over the cafeteria.
After reading a recent article in USA Today my attitude towards McDonalds took a slightly higher creep up in the rankings. According to the safeguards used and the suppliers of beef, McDonalds is at the top when it comes to criteria and handling practices. They have pushed the notion of anal to the extremes. They have a 20 something cleaning crew at each of their processing plants. The tests for E. coli and various other pathogens are frequently administered before during and after production. If any presence of bacteria is found they will discard the current batch, the one before it, and the one behind based on a time configuration pattern. They are even picky enough to make sure that each patty is precisely the same size and contain indentations which aid in the cooking process. This allows for heat to reach the meat and cook it perfect every time.
Aside from the fat content and the flack they got after that movie Super Size Me, I'd say they smartened up and at least made sure the product was safe. It has been found that our school systems procedures under and set forth by our government are not even close to McDonalds standards.

When it comes to handwashing I can imagine there are plenty of employees that do not do this on a regular basis. McDonalds has fixed this too. They now have a siren that goes off alerting employees to stop and lather up.
I worked with a fella at a pizza joint for a total of two years, and in that time I had not once seen him wash his hands. Not to say that he never did, but if after two years you don't see frequent washing and absolutely have never seen him do this then you have to wonder.

I think it would be best if we got back to cooking for ourselves more often.

If you get the chance go check out the Fast Food Nation movie. It will have you thinking twice.

:dead: and you darent fart for days after in case of a follow through...
Freaking hilarious! :lol: :lol: :lol: I've been there. Ever used up a whole roll of tp during the attack?

krakenslayer
09-Jan-2010, 10:54 PM
Go1bxtoR3tE

Andy
09-Jan-2010, 11:14 PM
Quality :D cant beat jack and victor lol