PDA

View Full Version : Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix

ProfessorChaos
30-Nov-2008, 08:25 PM
Well, I thought I'd had enough of Street Fighter II years ago, but after watching this vid (complete with classic Karate Kid music), the nostaligia factor kicked in high gear and I figured I'd better check it out. Downloaded it last night and having a great time so far. Anyone else checking this one out?

jAaMzC1O2wY

Tricky
30-Nov-2008, 09:18 PM
Looks quite good that!i remember the days when streetfighter II turbo was like the biggest game around,magazines used to run articles on moves etc on a monthly basis,every kid you spoke to knew who all the characters were,and most of us could do a dragon punch & a hadouken!there was always a huge crowd around the machine in every amusement arcade too with proper "winner stays on" championships!those were the days when i actually used to genuinely care about the background stories to the characters in games too :lol: aaaahhhhhhh memories!

CoinReturn
01-Dec-2008, 06:22 AM
I plan on picking it up this month. By all accounts, it's the best version of the game ever released. Should be a great refresher course before Street Fighter IV hits in 3 or so months.

slickwilly13
01-Dec-2008, 01:43 PM
Hows does the controls feel? Last couple of Street Fighter sexbox ports lacked in controls. Btw, Alpha series is my favorited next to the Vs series.

ProfessorChaos
01-Dec-2008, 10:13 PM
well, i've not played any sf games in years, so i'm pretty rusty...but some things, such as the "konami code", become imprinted into your mind. ryu, ken, & akuma's fireball, guile's sonic boom, etc. are moves that i had down to an instinct when i had sf2 on snes. having a heck of a time throwing a fireball so far.

like i said, maybe i'm a bit out of practice, but i think the controls could be a little better. watching the youtube clip i placed in the opening post, ryu's rolling attack against sagat about 40 seconds in seems like it would be virtually impossible to execute as depicted. i doubt i could pull it off at least. not gonna bother getting my ass handed to me online till i get some confidence in my abilities back.