PDA

View Full Version : John Barrowman exposes himself...

MinionZombie
01-Dec-2008, 05:45 PM
...ON THE RADIO!!!

*sarcastic gasp*

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/21/20081201/ten-barrowman-sorry-for-show-exposure-5f8abb3.html

This isn't exactly Russell Brand and Wibble Wobble, and even that bucket of retardation was over-reacted to.

The BBC should be more worried about the license fee being wholly unfair and unnecessary, and about their news being sickeningly biased. :mad: :annoyed:

Also in the news, Britain's favourite credit crunch busting free activity is apparently sex. :sneaky:

bassman
01-Dec-2008, 06:33 PM
That's stupid.

And I thought that the US had harsh censorship restrictions.:stunned:

MinionZombie
02-Dec-2008, 09:43 AM
That's stupid.

And I thought that the US had harsh censorship restrictions.:stunned:
It's all fallout from Johnathon Ross thinking he's in his mid-twenties still when he's actually charging towards 50 and he's got a fat gut and he's a one trick pony who falls back on smut because he's not genuinely funny ... that thing was talked about on here a couple of weeks back, but I do think it was over-reacted to, even though I thought the pair of them were retarded for getting involved in such a cluster-f*ck.

So this is clearly a fall out from that, as is the BBC looking to address the amount of swearing on TV. :rolleyes:

Neil
02-Dec-2008, 01:48 PM
who falls back on smut because he's not genuinely funny ...

*cough*cough*... You missed you four little letters in that sentence...

"I..M..H..O.."

I really enjoy Ross' chat show and radio show... But since the Daily Mail renta-mob ran around with pitch forks we've got such delights as Speed to put up with now on a Friday night.

capncnut
02-Dec-2008, 05:16 PM
I enjoy Johnathan Ross's shows too. As much as he can be mildly irritating at times, I can't deny the man's cheeky wit.

MinionZombie
02-Dec-2008, 05:44 PM
Actually they're doing Live at the Apollo now, with a quick yank such as Wossy getting pulled, you've gotta fill a gap really quickly - ergo, fall back on a few films until you can sort out what will fill the slot - schedules are organised weeks in advance, if I'm not mistaken.

Also, well duh, it was my opinion ... I think that's pretty clear as it's within my own post. :D:sneaky::p

I can't be doing with all that, I pretty much stick with "lol" and it's variants, I can't be doing with all that business, personally.

And I already said that the reaction to it was over-blown, and I've previously said that the Mailer's all whinging about it was lame - especially when most of the complaining was just out of an excuse to complain (rightly) about the BBC's political bias, and their pocket-raping, unnecessary license fee.

I'd much prefer there to be individual rallies against those two things, but you know how it usually ends up, an issue breaks out, then those with a grievance get sucked into the swirl of it while the momentum is going. It's just in people's nature in the end.

Although you should listen/watch/read/play/whatever the thing you're complaining about - I listened to the broadcast in question on YouTube, and I think it's one of those cringe-worthy jokes that you'd say with your mates down the pub - but you'd never broadcast it to your wider social group of friends and peers - likewise, Johnathon 'Doesn't Act His Age' Ross should keep certain things in perspective like that.

What really does offend me though, is the BBC high-hedians swaying violently between spit-in-your-face arrogance and entitlement, and cry-baby-bend-over-and-take-everything-twice losers whimpering in a corner ... before eventually going back to the "politically correct handbook of everything" to gorge themselves on their own self-importance and fat salaries ... in my honest opinion.

Happy? :p :elol: :rant: :clown: :kiss:

As for Ross, I don't totally hate the guy ... I'm okay with him, but his simple schtick wears very thin very fast on me.

As for the topic at hand, it's seriously ludicrous - how can you be offended by listening to someone expose themselves to a DJ who clearly wanted to see what Captain Jack of Torchwood was packing down there?! :lol:

Neil
02-Dec-2008, 06:10 PM
Also, well duh, it was my opinion ... I think that's pretty clear as it's within my own post. :D:sneaky::p

But you were practically preachin' there son! :stunned: Especially with your insults towards him?

As regards 'the broadcast' I actually thought it was quite comical. Yes, maybe a little too far, but certainly not malicious.

MinionZombie
02-Dec-2008, 07:58 PM
I'd hardly call that preaching, I'm not screaming "Goddamn America!" at the top of my raspy lungs. :lol:

What you saw there my good man, was a typical MZ mini-rant ... surely you've seen one before? :p