PDA

View Full Version : Guantanamo farce continues...

Neil
03-Dec-2008, 11:46 AM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/7761315.stm

AcesandEights
03-Dec-2008, 02:25 PM
I think I was most impressed by the fact that this...lawyer...didn't have a book deal yet, but we'll give that time.

It'll be interesting to see what, if any, major changes will be made with regards to Guantanamo. I mean, I know Obama had said he would shut the operation down, that they're be quick transfers of prisoners and untried cases would be resolved, but you never know with politicians. :shifty:

Mike70
03-Dec-2008, 04:04 PM
gtmo is a stain not only on the military but on the country as a whole. there isn't much i would put past the US govt., esp. when it is in the hands of cocksuckers like bush and cheney. so, i can believe the stories of mistreatment and the allegations that information that would exonerate accused persons has been withheld from their defense. as long as bush and company can keep up the pretense that they are being tough on terrorists, i doubt they really give a sh*t about things like fair trials and decent treatment.

bush and his legion of doom are fu*king horrible, horrible people. after his term expires they all ought to be raped by dogs and then exiled to some rock in the pacific, never to be heard from again.

:rant:rant at an end:rant:

Trencher
03-Dec-2008, 05:27 PM
"Raped by dogs?"
Way to set the tone of the discussion. Meh.

Mike70
03-Dec-2008, 07:16 PM
"Raped by dogs?"
Way to set the tone of the discussion. Meh.

how is the weather up on that high horse of yours?

Trencher
04-Dec-2008, 05:06 AM
Its pretty nice.

strayrider
04-Dec-2008, 05:16 AM
From what I understand, most of the detainees at Gitmo have already been cleared for release.

The problem is nobody wants 'em.

:D

-stray-

(updated) Of course, I could be wrong -- Gitmo is not my strong point.

Apparently some detainees have already been released, sent home, and recaptured on the battlefield?

http://www.kansascity.com/273/story/912138.html