PDA

View Full Version : Fan of the Dead?

chuckroast
04-Dec-2008, 01:53 AM
Hey guys.

Being a big fan I am always looking out for strange and weird things related to GAR's films. I recently came across a DVD on Netflix called Fan of the Dead. Has anyone seen it?

The Netflix reviews were pretty bad, but I had to see it anyway.
It's about a dude from France coming over to document the filming locations of the dead movies.

I found this documentary strangely amusing.

Although I've been to many of the locations in the DVD there were some I hadn't

The basement of the Latent Image was something I hadn't seen before.
The inside of the house of Night 90 was kind of cool.
Some of the areas from "Day" shown in the Gateway Commerce center were really cool. Even some of the stuff added for the move is still laying down there. Like the wall all the arms punch through. The area where the "drinking fountain" and first aid box. The room where the Steel kills himself.

Another cool thing was a look inside the airport from Dawn, where Peter shoots the kids. We've all seen the outside a million times. But the inside, no. It's been updated a lot and doesn't look anything like it used to.

One thing that amused me was when the guy filming took the elevator down to the basement of the old Latent Image Co to view the basement, he wasnt' even aware that the same elevator was used in Dawn, for the scenes used when they crawl through the hatch. "One stop shopping"

It's definably worth watching. There is footage of the whole "Dawn" 25th anniversary mall tour with Ken and David too..

Anyone else seen this? Comments? Thoughts?

Mike70
04-Dec-2008, 02:08 AM
never seen it but i think i just might have to look it up now.

Thorn
04-Dec-2008, 02:43 PM
never seen it but it seems interesting, I think we are all adding it to our netflick wish list tonight ;)

BEAT THE RUSH!

DawnGirl27
04-Dec-2008, 05:53 PM
Never heard of it, either, but would be cool to watch. Thanks for the info!

capncnut
04-Dec-2008, 06:18 PM
Yes, this is on one of the few Night DVD's that I own. I think it might have been on one of the 40th anniversary editions but I'm not sure, I'll have to dig it out and check. But yeah, not a bad little documentary. I'd love to do a trek like that of my own if I had the bread to do it. :D