PDA

View Full Version : Resident Evil 5 demo on Xbox Live

CoinReturn
05-Dec-2008, 04:58 PM
Japanese Xbox Live, that is. I created a Japanese account (and you can too) and waited up till 4AM to download it, and I'm glad I did. It's basically Resident Evil 4 with smoother controls and the ability to strafe. The game looks stunning in HD, and with co-op thrown in, I can see myself playing this demo a lot.

Coming off of L4D, the game may feel slow and clunky, but give it a chance. The staple gameplay and tension of slowly being hunted is still there in spades, and playing with a friend doesn't ruin that experience one bit.

slickwilly13
05-Dec-2008, 05:35 PM
Is all the text in Japanese? Also how were you able to create a Japanese account?

CoinReturn
05-Dec-2008, 05:55 PM
No, the text and voices are all in English. I found the demo to download, I tried it myself and burnt a copy for my friend, it works flawlessly:

Link removed by moderator.

1. Download the 5 files in the same folder
2. You will have 5 files called "Resident Evil 5 Demo.part1.rar/part2.rar/part3.rar etc
3. Right click on Part 1, select "Extract Here". That's all you have to do.
4. Depending on your PC speed, go have piss or a ****.
5. When you come back you'll have a folder called "Content"
6. Simply burn the folder called Content to a CD/DVD.
7. Insert disc into 360
8. go to game library/ demos...you should see the demo.
9. you can't load it straight from the disc like a regular 360 game, you have to go to the game library.

Enjoy all!

capncnut
05-Dec-2008, 06:10 PM
Hardly official though is it?

Direct links to P2P and filesharing sites are prohibited as per forum rules.

CoinReturn
05-Dec-2008, 06:12 PM
True, but the demo is free anyway....

Danny
05-Dec-2008, 06:26 PM
Hardly official though is it?

Direct links to P2P and filesharing sites are prohibited as per forum rules.

actually no, links to cracked or illegal warez are prohibited, and p2p PROGRAMS are prohibited. this is free content put out by the creator legally, being distributed by a website, not program, which has no search function and only downloads that specific file, so there is zero chance of it leading to illegal activity.

-plus sites like cnet, and its subsidiaries like download.com and gamespot both use mediafire as a legal way to distribute demos which are free. as did midway with the suffering a few months back.

capncnut
05-Dec-2008, 06:45 PM
actually no, links to cracked or illegal warez are prohibited, and p2p PROGRAMS are prohibited. this is free content put out by the creator legally, being distributed by a website, not program, which has no search function and only downloads that specific file, so there is zero chance of it leading to illegal activity.
Regardless, the link has been removed. I'm sure Capcom would be jolly pleased to know that people are burning their material and playing it unofficially via copies. :rolleyes:

Also this little quote from the Washington Post says it all.

I'm not sure how long Microsoft's going to leave this little loophole open, so you've been warned, but it's possible to pull down the new Resident Evil 5 demo whether you're physically in the Land of the Rising Sun or simply somewhere the sun also rises. How do I know? Because I just grabbed all 472.65 MB of it.

Whether it's okay to do it now or whenever, it's unofficial and therefore dodgy.

slickwilly13
05-Dec-2008, 06:52 PM
That's cool. I found the link, myself, off of GameFaqs msg board. Everyone says it works, so if anyone is interested in the link. I guess msg either Coin or myself.

slickwilly13
09-Dec-2008, 05:34 PM
Has anyone played the demo, yet?

ProfessorChaos
09-Dec-2008, 08:59 PM
i've not bothered with it yet, for fear of getting banned from live and having no achievements history. i guess you and coin are still okay, so maybe you should go ahead and pm me with details.:rockbrow:

i'm thinking that this one is a definite "buy", given that i've played and finished all of the other re's in the saga.

Danny
09-Dec-2008, 09:38 PM
me im just gonna hold off since:

A- its ****ing biohazard

b- its ****ing capcom

i dont need a preview to know ill at least enjoy it.

Cody
09-Dec-2008, 09:51 PM
I would except its just to much work to play a demo. Plus I'm always afraid to download anything because I think the FBI are gonna come kicking down my door. I'll wait for the American demo to come out.

Andy
09-Dec-2008, 10:56 PM
http://forum.homepageofthedead.com/showthread.php?t=12450

:rolleyes:

slickwilly13
09-Dec-2008, 11:39 PM
I haven't tried an online co-op game, yet. But offline so far so good. No banning or anything. I really enjoyed the demo and cannot wait to purchase it March 13. Maybe the threads should be merged.