PDA

View Full Version : King Kong Extended Edition...

Craig
09-Dec-2008, 08:21 PM
My sister wants the movie King Kong for Christmas (the remake that is, she only saw it for the first time a few months ago) and I was wondering, if anyone knows, is there any benefit in getting the extended edition? Or is it in fact worse than the normal version? Both are the same amount of money I'd simply like to find out if I'd be better to stick with the normal version of the film (which is ironically a special edition)?

zombie04
09-Dec-2008, 09:56 PM
I have the extended cut and to be honest it didn't really help or hurt the movie in any way. If you liked the movie you'll probably appreciate the added material, but if you think it dragged I would highly suggest you don't buy this one. I haven't gone into the bonus features but since it's a 3-disc Peter Jackson set I'm sure the material will be interesting. I was happy withe extended cut, but as I said before it didn't make me think any more or less of the movie.

MinionZombie
09-Dec-2008, 10:07 PM
I got the 3-disc DVD - extended cut - if you dig the movie, you'll dig the extended cut, although I didn't see what was new as I'd only seen the theatrical version once.

Plenty of special features - and then on top of that, there's the stand-alone Production Diaries for the film as it's own 2-disc DVD, which I'll pick up sometime soon when I get around to it, it's only a few quid.