PDA

View Full Version : Daemonia

capncnut
10-Dec-2008, 05:34 AM
A group I saw live in the UK last year, fronted by ex-Goblin frontman Claudio Simonetti. They performed a couple of tunes from the Dawn Of The Dead soundtrack but played a serious amount of Argento movie themes.

Here's a ditty I found on You Tube. The intro to L'alba Dei Morti Viventi from Dawn (only the intro, mind) so enjoy.

U-c_Uf0fwf4
Some of you may recognise it vaguely. ;)

Billythezombie
10-Dec-2008, 08:47 AM
i do not recognise that...but its awesome music (Y) thumbs up from me!

krakenslayer
11-Dec-2008, 10:55 AM
i do not recognise that...but its awesome music (Y) thumbs up from me!

It's the music from this scene in Dawn of the Dead:
xyYFizU-yWc

And Daemonia are awesome. I have their Dario Argento Tribute album - the Suspiria, Demons and Phenomena covers in particular are fantastic.

Yojimbo
11-Dec-2008, 05:14 PM
Awesome! Envious that you got to see this live. Thanks for the post, Cap!

capncnut
11-Dec-2008, 05:35 PM
Awesome! Envious that you got to see this live. Thanks for the post, Cap!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v648/morbidfrog/Fyers/daemonia.jpg

Yojimbo
11-Dec-2008, 09:16 PM
They look terribly gothy in that poster, but awesome nonetheless. Thanks Cap!

axlish
11-Dec-2008, 09:24 PM
It looks like some kind of magic show in vegas, like they crossed Chris Angel with Blue Man Group.

MikePizzoff
12-Dec-2008, 12:40 AM
i do not recognise that...

n00b!

:shifty:

:D

EvilNed
12-Dec-2008, 01:07 PM
They're awesome. I love their Dario Argento album!

bassman
12-Dec-2008, 01:47 PM
That's pretty cool. It took me a minute, but I recognized it.

Which one in that poster is Simonetti? They all look pretty young to have one that worked on the Zombie/Dawn soundtrack.

EvilNed
12-Dec-2008, 02:14 PM
Second guy from the left

capncnut
12-Dec-2008, 05:19 PM
Here's another one from them. Cheesy as hell video (and not exactly dead releated) but the Argentonians (tm :D) will lap this up like a kitty to milk.

1hUrKtZ4SuA

krakenslayer
12-Dec-2008, 05:47 PM
Which one in that poster is Simonetti? They all look pretty young to have one that worked on the Zombie/Dawn soundtrack.

He does look really, really good for his age. He must be, what, in his fifties? He looks about 30.

If you look at footage of him in the 80s (the second video in this clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmJ-hSyx6nU), he looks the same now as he did then.

bassman
12-Dec-2008, 06:52 PM
It's the music from this scene in Dawn of the Dead:
xyYFizU-yWc

Dude....maybe I'm losing my mind, but why is it that this seems to have footage I've never seen? I've seen all the versions of the film, but at 1:15 there's a zombie with his arm ran over and he breaks it off. I don't remember this.:stunned:

My memory must be slipping...

capncnut
12-Dec-2008, 06:56 PM
Dude....maybe I'm losing my mind, but why is it that this seems to have footage I've never seen? I've seen all the versions of the film, but at 1:15 there's a zombie with his arm ran over and he breaks it off. I don't remember this.:stunned:
Extended cut...

bassman
12-Dec-2008, 07:14 PM
I guess I just forgot it.:annoyed:

I feel like McMurphey at the end of Cuckoo's Nest.:rolleyes: