PDA

View Full Version : Anybody have a ZUNE?

MikePizzoff
10-Dec-2008, 05:09 PM
I'm sick of iPods; in my opinion, they're all sh1t... the current one I have has had to of been fixed like five times and its broken AGAIN! So, I'm thinking of picking up a Zune 120.

Anybody own one of these? My biggest concern is that I was looking forward to hooking it up to my TV to watch shows/movies off of it (instead of having to burn to DVD), but I hear video looks horrible on an HDTV. Is this true? There's no way to just take up more space on the hard drive and have the quality be much higher?

MikePizzoff
11-Dec-2008, 06:38 PM
Dang it! Nobody?!

Danny
11-Dec-2008, 11:05 PM
i had one and it was utter ****, it froze every day i used it at least once, theres no itunes type program designed for it.

i could rant about these pieces of crap for ages but i put off getting an ipod for a long time just because there everywhere and this was an alternative.

just a really bad one.

MikePizzoff
12-Dec-2008, 12:27 AM
Really? Perhaps you just had a mis-manufacture? I seldom see bad reviews for Zunes, whereas I'm constantly seeing people complaining about iPods (me being one).

And I've read that Zune does have an iTunes-esque application for it. How long ago did you have one? Was it when they first came out?

clanglee
12-Dec-2008, 01:17 AM
I have a SanDisk Sansa which has treated me pretty well. The only thing that I don't like about it is that sometimes my player will refuse to accept a song. It will pretend like it doesn't exist, even tho it is sitting on my player taking up space.

DjfunkmasterG
18-Dec-2008, 01:49 PM
I too own a Sansa, two of them actually a 4gb and a 6 gb. Great MP# player that takes a ton of Abuse and gets through the elemtns. I leave it out in my freezing car day after day after day and it plays with no issue, and holds the charge.

I have had both for a year and no issues yet.

I almost bought a ZUNE but couldn't justify spending $200 on an MP3 player. as far as no Itunes type program for the ZUNE who needs it. if you have the MP3 just upload it using WMP, by sync-ing the device and boom you're done.

MikePizzoff
18-Dec-2008, 02:06 PM
I almost bought a ZUNE but couldn't justify spending $200 on an MP3 player.

I'm going to be spending $250 on a Zune (permitting I buy one) and I think it's worth it. Its hard-drive is 120GB and it doesn't just hold MP3's; it can also play video on a very good looking screen (as well as output to a TV, however I'm hearing it looks terrible on HDTV's).

DjfunkmasterG
18-Dec-2008, 03:26 PM
Mike,

have you tried googling it?

ZUNE, HDTV PLAYBACK COMPLAINTS etc

You might find a plethora of answers there.

MikePizzoff
18-Dec-2008, 07:27 PM
I actually signed up and posted to a Zune community message board earlier today and am awaiting a response. I'll let you guys know if you should also drop the cash for one!