PDA

View Full Version : A little something for Bassman

clanglee
18-Dec-2008, 12:28 AM
http://bp2.blogger.com/_C2DVE0xjLug/R1Wm4eteGmI/AAAAAAAAADE/9re_nCSNr2Y/S300/batman_nipples-772252.jpg

BATNIPPLES!!!!

Batman's response

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/230/446516886_53bf8ed1ab_o.jpg

bassman
18-Dec-2008, 01:11 AM
Reputation? What reputation?

http://www.independentcritics.com/images/batman%20and%20robin%20SPLASH.jpg

Oh riiiight...

http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/images/reviews/1/1161141535.jpg

That's more like it...

ProfessorChaos
18-Dec-2008, 02:09 AM
i always hated those robocop-looking batsuits:hurl:

on a side note, i'm almost climbing the walls with anticipation about seeing TDK again...gotta wait till christmas to see if santa brought it for me.;)

Danny
18-Dec-2008, 08:50 AM
on a side note, i'm almost climbing the walls with anticipation about seeing TDK again...gotta wait till christmas to see if santa brought it for me.;)

i cant wait for it to be rereleased in the cinemas again, if only for being able to see it in ima, and hopefully, knock that piece of crap titanic off the highest grossing movie of all time.

MinionZombie
18-Dec-2008, 09:33 AM
Ooh, I wonder if TDK will get re-released at my nearest cine-emporium...

Anyway, I got the DVD t'other week, and have since watched it another two times. So that's three viewings for me in total. I'm gradually noticing all the fine details and nuances in the performances, but I still find myself hopelessly hypnotised by the film at points, where I almost haze-out and just get captured by the performances, by the music, it just swallows me up, so I've gotta really pay attention...it's just such a great film, really rather ruddy rocking. :cool:

lulzorz @ the bat nipples ... and in concern to the Begins image ... *ahem* ... WHERE IS HE???!!!! WHERE???!!! *jaw trembling with fury*

What's not to love about Nolan/Bale Batman? NOTHING, that's what. It's f*cking sweet-as.

Danny
18-Dec-2008, 09:50 AM
What's not to love about Nolan/Bale Batman? NOTHING, that's what. It's f*cking sweet-as.

*raises hand*

bales performance as batman sir?

w2yv8aT0UFc

MinionZombie
18-Dec-2008, 11:32 AM
Nope, I really dig Bale's performance, gruff voice and all - I mean what else would he do, talk exactly like he does in real life, as in Bruce Wayne, one of the most famous people in Gotham, let alone the nation - gee, yeah, that'd be a good idea, so therefore - put on a voice.

The gruff voice is also far more threatening than the softer tones of Wayne.

Besides, without it, we wouldn't have that awesomely funny video that you linked to, which is of course, a parody, not a true-to-life representation.

If I was hanging upside down from a building with a scary-ass dude dressed like a bat growling "WHERE IS HE????!!!!" in my face, I'd promptly need a new set of keks.

People make way too big of an issue out of Bale's Batman voice.

bassman
18-Dec-2008, 12:01 PM
Nope, I really dig Bale's performance, gruff voice and all - I mean what else would he do, talk exactly like he does in real life, as in Bruce Wayne, one of the most famous people in Gotham, let alone the nation - gee, yeah, that'd be a good idea, so therefore - put on a voice.

The gruff voice is also far more threatening than the softer tones of Wayne.

Besides, without it, we wouldn't have that awesomely funny video that you linked to, which is of course, a parody, not a true-to-life representation.

If I was hanging upside down from a building with a scary-ass dude dressed like a bat growling "WHERE IS HE????!!!!" in my face, I'd promptly need a new set of keks.

People make way too big of an issue out of Bale's Batman voice.

Ahem....its "Where were the other drugs going?!?!?" to which Flass says "I don't know, I swear to god" and Batman growls "Swear to me!!".:p

But yeah, I agree with you on the voice. There's several good reasons as to why he changes his voice in the batman suit, so I don't see why people get that bent out of shape about it. Unlike that funny video above, you can understand everything that he's saying.

BTW, what did everyone think of the new suit in TDK? MUCH better than the suit in BB, imo.

DjfunkmasterG
18-Dec-2008, 01:46 PM
I think the new suit was ok, but they are making it too metallic looking. Keep it Black, simple, yet effective.

bassman
18-Dec-2008, 04:12 PM
I thought it was way better than the BB suit. The BB suit was too bulky and looked like rubber. The TDK suit looks more realistic and more slim.

Plus....he can finally turn his head!

MinionZombie
18-Dec-2008, 04:40 PM
lol, yeah ok, ok, it was "SWEAR TO ME!!!", I just knew he was growling something and it would be scary as sh*t to be on the receiving end. My mistake. :p

Anyway, yeah I think the suit in TDK is better. It worked really well in BB though, the only thing with that was the neck and not being able to turn his head, you really notice the different in TDK ... I can kinda see what Deej means with needing more black, but that didn't bother me at all ... it's a bajillion plus miles from bat nipples and metalic trim. :lol:

Woo for Bale Batman!

Speaking of Batman, I found a site earlier where they listed all the possible enemies they could go with for the next film, but there were really only three good possibilities there.

Bane, The Black Mask (who was considered for TDK in fact), and another character who I can't remember the name of, but who's a serial killer who carves notches into his body for every victim, and he's covered in them.

There could be one or more of those characters worked in nicely to a Nolanverse Batman, especially considering the loose ends of the escapees of Arkham Asylum from the end of Begins.

Bane would have to be made a smidge more 'realistic' though, and The Black Mask could work, it'd certainly be a good visual vibe. Heck, you could almost have all three, or well, best two out of the three.

I don't know much about Batman beyond the movies, I'm not really a comic person at all, but just reading the synopses and seeing the character images, those are the ones I would look at for Bale Batman #3.

All the others ones listed were either done before, or absolute pants, or simply wouldn't suit the Nolanverse whatsoever.

*fingers crossed for the aforementioned three*

bassman
18-Dec-2008, 05:06 PM
lol, yeah ok, ok, it was "SWEAR TO ME!!!", I just knew he was growling something and it would be scary as sh*t to be on the receiving end. My mistake. :p

Anyway, yeah I think the suit in TDK is better. It worked really well in BB though, the only thing with that was the neck and not being able to turn his head, you really notice the different in TDK ... I can kinda see what Deej means with needing more black, but that didn't bother me at all ... it's a bajillion plus miles from bat nipples and metalic trim. :lol:

Woo for Bale Batman!

Speaking of Batman, I found a site earlier where they listed all the possible enemies they could go with for the next film, but there were really only three good possibilities there.

Bane, The Black Mask (who was considered for TDK in fact), and another character who I can't remember the name of, but who's a serial killer who carves notches into his body for every victim, and he's covered in them.

There could be one or more of those characters worked in nicely to a Nolanverse Batman, especially considering the loose ends of the escapees of Arkham Asylum from the end of Begins.

Bane would have to be made a smidge more 'realistic' though, and The Black Mask could work, it'd certainly be a good visual vibe. Heck, you could almost have all three, or well, best two out of the three.

I don't know much about Batman beyond the movies, I'm not really a comic person at all, but just reading the synopses and seeing the character images, those are the ones I would look at for Bale Batman #3.

All the others ones listed were either done before, or absolute pants, or simply wouldn't suit the Nolanverse whatsoever.

*fingers crossed for the aforementioned three*

The guy you're refering to is Zsaz and he had a small role in BB.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/7/71/Booth_zsasz.PNG

BB and TDK have several references to the comics that non-readers probably wouldn't recognize.

As for the next villian, Jett at Batman-On-Film has some solid inside sources and apparently The Nolan's and Goyer are using Catwoman. If this is true, I'm kinda disappointed. Goyer said a while back that they would use a villian not yet seen on screen, so hopefully Catwoman isn't alone. Actually, Catwoman isn't your typical villian if they play her like most comics, so other villians would be necessary.

My vote would probably go with Black Mask, Hush, or Deadshot. Hugo Strange wouldn't be a bad choice, either.

MinionZombie
18-Dec-2008, 06:01 PM
Mind you, Gotham Knight has already done Deadshot, so...

As for Catwoman ... you sure? The Sun ... The Sun ... was reporting that they're doing The Riddler and Catwoman, and Eddie Murphy is The Riddler, and that Robin is also joining in. :rolleyes:

Catwoman would be a lame choice I think, unless they did something super-super-super awesome with the character and made her their own. But Batman Returns was actually pretty sh*t as a Batman movie (it was just a Burton movie, that had Batman in it from time to time ... walking places, or climbing stairs :rolleyes::eek:) and that had Catwoman in it, and the stand-alone movie was absolutely mauled for being pure gash.

Nah, I don't think Hugo Strange would be good, just sounded a bit too weak for the Nolanverse, as well as a bit naff in general, all that psychology stuff.

As for Hush, meh again from me I'm afraid.

I want f*cked up dudes in masks and serial killers. I think there's a good avenue to explore with the Arkham Asylum escapees, and considering that Batman Begins would be the "night", and The Dark Knight would be the "dark before the dawn", we need a third to be the "dawn/day". Also, what with Batman essentially being 'on the run' for 'killing' Harvey Dent, that's a whole other avenue of story telling to explore.

Also, surely Nolan wants to do another, smaller, movie in between TDK and Nolan-Batman#3, like he did between BB and TDK.

The rumours surrounding a third are in overdrive, and it's actually just annoying to have such speculation as "they're doing the riddler/penguin/catwoman", especially as they've already been done on film before - The Joker was the exception, but is essentially the anti-Batman, so it makes sense (especially considering the style of the Nolanverse) to return to The Joker on film in TDK.

I do hope that Cat Woman ISN'T going to be in the next one, if they do a third that is (which I think they probably will, considering the aforementioned story possibilities, plus others). We really need characters we've not seen on screen before. There's more important things to talk about than where and when can Batman stick his dick in something, especially considering the tragic loss of Rachel.

bassman
18-Dec-2008, 06:13 PM
That Eddie Murphy/Shia Lebouf rumor is just utterly stupid. If anyone believed that, they should have their head examined.

But as I was saying earlier....the owner of BOF has real good connections with the production of the Nolan films and he says they're definitely wanting catwoman. He also says that Nolan is definitely on board. Nolan likes to say he doesn't know if he would do the next film, but Goyer once let it slip during the BB marketing that their idea was a trilogy from the start.

I'm cool with them using Catwoman if they use her more like most of the comics and they also bring in more villians. I would really like to see a film that incorporates most of batman's famous rogues gallery. It's just a shame that Ledger can't reprise his role as the joker.

I'm putting money down that the ending of the next film(what title could they use? - The Batman?) will have a message on Batman's current stance in Gotham just like the last two. Probably something meaning He'll always be here/He can't escape his destiny/He's forever batman/etc.

MinionZombie
18-Dec-2008, 08:10 PM
Possibly indeed, in terms of the final 'tone' of the third film.

If they insist on doing Cat Woman - then for christ's sake, DON'T do any other characters already committed to film. Use a different, unfilmed, character!

Also, don't make Cat Woman a pointless tart who has a rubbish back story and does f*ck all like in Batman Returns...or that ghastly stand-alone. :mad:

You can't recapture the magic of Ledger bring The Joker back, so why try? Go and look at different characters.

Incidentally, not being 'clued in' on the Batman comics, how was Cat Woman dealt with in those?

After BB and TDK being so goddamned superb, they've just gotta be careful not to make Spider-Man 3 ... which as much as I really enjoyed, it just wasn't Spider-Man 1 & 2 was it? If you get my drift?

ProfessorChaos
18-Dec-2008, 10:00 PM
...they've just gotta be careful not to make Spider-Man 3 ...

i was just thinking the same thing. i too read about the sun reporting that they were considering depp or murphy as the riddler (both terrible choices, and as someone has already mentioned here, i can't see the riddler being all that different from the joker with a few question marks on his attire...i say steer clear of the riddler ideas) and phillip seymore(sp?) hoffman as the penguin (again, another villain i'd rather not see back on film. and as for the idea of robin, that's just asking for campiness and dangerous levels of SUCK)

i really hope they put a (couple) of lesser known villains in the third film and stay away from rehashes of old crappy villains played by mega-actors....and no lame piano-dancing jazz club scenes.:D

Mike70
19-Dec-2008, 12:31 AM
man, i guess i really touched a nerve with that shoutbox jibe about a batnipples documentary.:evil:

DeadJonas190
19-Dec-2008, 06:19 AM
My vote would probably go with Black Mask, Hush, or Deadshot. Hugo Strange wouldn't be a bad choice, either.

I would love to see Hush and have been saying so since TDK came out. I feel that Hush would be the best fit into the Nolan Batman universe, even if he is a lesser known character outside of the comic book fans.

And on that note, I would hate to see Penguin or The Riddler, those characters just don't do it for me.

MinionZombie
19-Dec-2008, 11:40 AM
Also, just following up on something I forget to talk about before - Harvey Dent - I think Eckhart's Dent was better than Jones' personally.

It's unfortunate that Eckhart has been so overlooked. I think he did a proper good job. :)

bassman
19-Dec-2008, 11:46 AM
Also, just following up on something I forget to talk about before - Harvey Dent - I think Eckhart's Dent was better than Jones' personally.

It's unfortunate that Eckhart has been so overlooked. I think he did a proper good job. :)

Too true. Ledger did an awesome job, but Eckhart did an equally awesome job and doesn't get any credit for it. Not to mention that it's basically HIS FILM.

I've heard people bitching about there not being enough screen time of Two Face, but that's not what they were going for. TDK is the rise and fall of Dent. The true story arc of the film. The joker just is. There is no real story to him. As Nolan put it, he just cuts through the film like the shark in Jaws. He's just there.

MinionZombie
19-Dec-2008, 12:24 PM
Aye indeed, Dent's story is his whole arc, it's certainly fairly late into the film when he becomes Two Face, but having seen it a couple more times, his transition makes more and more sense, and you see elements earlier in the film that flag up certain possible traits in his personality, that eventually help him become Two Face when everything goes tits up for him.

The Joker - a superb character, brilliantly played by Ledger here, and indeed my favourite version of the character, as much as I enjoyed Jack's gleefully silly take on the role.