PDA

View Full Version : Dawn 04 / Land double feature DVD

EmanResu
19-Dec-2008, 12:02 AM
Just registered to ask this. I've seen all the films except Diary but only recently started buying them on DVD. I've got Night 68 (08 40th DVD), Dawn 78 (Divimax DVD), and Day 85 (Divimax DVD) so far. I'm getting ready to buy Land but I've noticed this double feature DVD that has the unrated versions of both Land and the Dawn 04 remake, selling for cheaper than the individual Land DVD. Here (http://www.deepdiscount.com/viewproduct.htm?productId=18776863) it is on DeepDiscount. I'm just wondering if anyone here is familiar with it because I can't find much info on it. I basically just want a confirmation that both movies are in widescreen (or at least Land; Dawn 04 I see as a bonus) since these double feature DVDs sometimes actually turn out to be 1.33:1, and that they include the same features as the individual discs (specifically the commentaries). I'm also interested in knowing if they come together in one case (as the stock photo suggests) or if they're the individual DVDs shrinkwrapped together. If there's anything fishy with this set, I'll just spend the few extra dollars for the individual Land unrated DVD. Any help's appreciated.

clanglee
19-Dec-2008, 12:36 AM
The version that they used to carry at WallyWorld were two seperate DVDs shrinkwrapped together. I think they were widescreen but I couldn't verify that for sure, as I bought the movies seperately.

sammylou
19-Dec-2008, 04:19 PM
Yeah I've got the set. It comes in one box, but two different discs. It comes in one of those cases that you get when you buy a two disc dvd, with the little flip thingy. They're in widescreen, and I think they've got all the extra features. I'll have to double check and get back to you on that one. I'll know when I get home, I don't have the disc with me right now.

jscott
21-Dec-2008, 12:17 PM
I saw the Land/Dawn 04 2 pack at Walmart last night, and they're both in 2.35/1 widescreen. As far as extras, both of the original releases had extras out the ace on them, so I don't see why the 2 pack would be any different.

Yojimbo
21-Dec-2008, 07:44 PM
Dude, banned already!

Oh well, I don't know- something about putting DAWN 04 with LOTD kinda pisses me off.

sandrock74
21-Dec-2008, 07:57 PM
Why did they get banned? They had just asked a legitimate question. Did I miss something?

MoonSylver
22-Dec-2008, 05:21 AM
Dude, banned already!

Oh well, I don't know- something about putting DAWN 04 with LOTD kinda pisses me off.

Word.

Why did they get banned? They had just asked a legitimate question. Did I miss something?

Maybe the part where they said...

Just registered to ask this.

I'm guessing...(?)

clanglee
22-Dec-2008, 09:58 AM
Yeah, weird. What's up with the ban after one post? Sneaky stuff behind the scenes? Other screennames? Enquiring minds want to know.

AcesandEights
22-Dec-2008, 02:28 PM
I'd assume it was because his first post was a link that dropped retail knowledge via a link right on us. Read: he was a shill! :)

EvilNed
22-Dec-2008, 02:59 PM
Whats a shill?

AcesandEights
22-Dec-2008, 03:49 PM
Whats a shill?

A shill (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shill)?

A shill is an associate of a person selling goods or services or a political group, who pretends no association to the seller/group and assumes the air of an enthusiastic customer. The intention of the shill is, using crowd psychology, to encourage others unaware of the set-up to purchase said goods or services...

darth los
22-Dec-2008, 04:33 PM
And it's from wiki then it HAS to be true.

:cool:

sandrock74
22-Dec-2008, 09:21 PM
A shill. Gotcha.

clanglee
22-Dec-2008, 10:21 PM
Old con man term. And I believ you are right Aces

Mike70
22-Dec-2008, 10:52 PM
Old con man term. And I believ you are right Aces

yep. i think he's right too. i cannot fu*king stand it when people come around here and try to play up DVD releases, esp when: a. they mention specific retailers b. have never or hardly ever posted before. ban them all, says i!

i like folks that do this about as much as i like the people who registered here during the diary mini-film contest just to beg us all for our votes. i voted against every single person that did that just for the sake of meanness.

Andy
23-Dec-2008, 11:21 PM
This thread has gone far enough off topic, no official reason has been given for his banning as of yet.