PDA

View Full Version : NEW Duke Nukem Forever screenshot

CoinReturn
19-Dec-2008, 02:19 AM
http://i429.photobucket.com/albums/qq20/coinreturn0/DNF_Xmas08_1280x800.jpg

Could it finally be coming in 2009? I'm liking the enemy design from what we see here, keeping my fingers crossed that 3DRealms still has it!

Edit: There, should be resized.

3pidemiC
19-Dec-2008, 06:34 AM
oh so small. :)

MinionZombie
19-Dec-2008, 09:47 AM
Jesus, they really are taking the piss with these pathetic screen shots, they really are.

It just makes me less interested in the new Duke game, and more "f*ck to you" in 3DRealms' direction to be honest.

F*ck off and provide PROPER screenies, you tossers. The joke's been played twice before, and neither time was it funny. How about finishing the game that's taken ages to get nowhere?

Yes, I am still grumpy about my failed Intel processor holding up my new rig (see Humbug thread), but still, 3DRealms need to get off their arses and give a proper screenie, these thumbnails aren't in the least bit funny.

bassman
19-Dec-2008, 12:46 PM
Can that even be called a screen shot? More like a thumbnail. I can't even tell what the hell it is.

f*ck this game.:mad:

Skippy911sc
19-Dec-2008, 02:16 PM
Duke Nukem Forever the best side scroller that took 12 years to be released, ever moment they waste on this is a moment I spend wasting a comment!...Either Release or get off the Pot!!!

bassman
19-Dec-2008, 02:28 PM
Duke Nukem Forever the best side scroller that took 12 years to be released, ever moment they waste on this is a moment I spend wasting a comment!...Either Release or get off the Pot!!!

My thoughts exactly. I've gotten to the point that I'm just tired of hearing about it. This game better be awesome whenever it's finally released. IF it's ever released, that is.

MinionZombie
19-Dec-2008, 04:24 PM
JESUS CHRIST! IT IS IN HIGH-DEF!

http://www.actiontrip.com/rei/scr.phtml?cat=f&platform=pc&pic=dukenukemforever5

http://www.actiontrip.com/features/pics/dukenukemforever5.jpg

bassman
19-Dec-2008, 04:32 PM
Meh.:|

As long as they've been working on this game, I expected better quality than this...

MinionZombie
19-Dec-2008, 05:31 PM
Meh.:|

As long as they've been working on this game, I expected better quality than this...
Well really, that's part of the problem, they've been working on it for so long, they've been nothing but behind the curve, so it's not going to be the new Gears of War or Crysis or whatever, and then you do wonder, if it follows the same vibe as Duke Nukem 3D, will it be all that good in this day and age, when you consider how shooters have grown up a bit by comparison, and are more varied and have deep storylines (at least relatively speaking)?

But likewise, equally, it might work really well, an injection of unappologetically burly sex-crazed man-grunting into an otherwise complex and deep genre that was once based on a foundtation of sexy-obsessed-grunting-and-gunning.

Hmmm...3D Realms need to release a f*cking proper trailer now though, I mean for f*ck's sake, get a move on.

Even Chinese Democracy was released! :eek:

CoinReturn
19-Dec-2008, 06:20 PM
Hrm...not sure why it's so small in the OP, it was big last night.

Anyways, I'm excited for this one. Duke is an awesome character, and I love the universe created in Duke3D. I can't wait to see it in motion.

3pidemiC
19-Dec-2008, 06:41 PM
Bah-nah-nah
bah-nah-nah
bah-nah-nahnah-nah-n-n-n-nah

Tricky
19-Dec-2008, 06:53 PM
Hmmm i hope their going to do something with the anti-aliasing on those nasty jagged edges! :|
Duke 3D was awesome in its day,but that was like 13 years ago,gaming has evolved a lot since then & those of us who loved the first one are also a lot older & it wont seem as risque & cool to our adult minds!

MinionZombie
19-Dec-2008, 09:51 PM
Hmmm i hope their going to do something with the anti-aliasing on those nasty jagged edges! :|
Duke 3D was awesome in its day,but that was like 13 years ago,gaming has evolved a lot since then & those of us who loved the first one are also a lot older & it wont seem as risque & cool to our adult minds!
lol - TRUE enough Trickster.

I remember, back when I was about 12 or 13, playing Duke Nukem 3D ... in fact, younger than that perhaps, I remember going to a friend's house (who had been BANNED from playing the game by his parents after he was caught playing it), and we loaded up the demo and gave it a whirl ... risque was indeed a fitting word, or indeed taboo.

I had it bought for me by my parents, hehe, same for Carmageddon: Uncut. :cool: And I grew up perfectly fine, but I did rather enjoy telling the babes to "shake it", and then shower them with cash cos of that cheat you could enable. :D

I remember being amazed at the detail - being able to 'play' pool (kinda), flushing a toilet, going to the toilet, a cinema with a dancing lady on the screen, and so on. :D

These days I'm amazed by stuff like The Assassination of Jesse James, or stunned by Pontius drinking horse jizz in Jackass Number Two, or The Dark Knight, or a fully realised apocalyptic-like world in a little game, you might have heard me talking about, called STALKER. :)

Nostalgia? Guaranteed. Long lasting fun? Sceptical.

Craig
19-Dec-2008, 11:41 PM
I've forgone expectations and I simply just want to play it. Despite how long it's been in development I can't say I'll be disappointed if it it's only a good game and not amazing. Of course I'd like the Duke's return to be a great one, but I'm neither sceptical or hopeful, just pretty neutral about the whole thing. If it turns out to be really bad I'll be annoyed, because it's the Duke and I spent 40 quid on it.

To be honest I'm really up for a bit of off-the-wall, one-man-army action. The worst way they can go with Duke Nukem is to start taking things too seriously, god forbid they give him a permanent sidekick (or squad).

Skippy911sc
20-Dec-2008, 12:03 AM
Bah-nah-nah
bah-nah-nah
bah-nah-nahnah-nah-n-n-n-nah

What is that the Banana Splits?

Thats what I heard in my head reading this!

Yojimbo
20-Dec-2008, 01:01 AM
I just realized that if you scroll ultra right after the big photo post and stare kinda unfocused into the screen you get a weird, psychedelic kind of 3-D effect. Weirdness.

Anyways, I have been waiting so long for this game that I have resigned to the belief that it will never actually come. Hate to be so negative, since I have such fond memories of playing Duke Nukem back in the early 90s. Hope it comes soon, but wish they would spend the time to finish it rather than throwing out these enticing tidbits of BS.

3pidemiC
20-Dec-2008, 03:49 AM
What is that the Banana Splits?

Thats what I heard in my head reading this!

It's the Duke theme!