PDA

View Full Version : Tis the Season for Kindness...

MissJacksonCA
24-Dec-2008, 03:09 AM
Christmas is notorious for being a time when people are at their most rude and horrid and road-rageous... but tis also a time when people are at their kindness... and it was an act I saw today that was so sweet it momentarily resored my belief in humanity...

A lady at Macy's in line in front of me was trying to buy a coat and she wasn't sure about how much it would cost b/c of the confusing signing @ Macy's so she asked the sales lady what it would be and it was marked down from like $250 to $80 but it was still too much. Well this customer didn't have a coat or anything on and it was like 25 degrees outside and God bless it... this other woman in line bought her that coat. She said it was the season to suprise others and just whipped out the ol credit card to buy a complete stranger a coat. It warmed my heart so!

And I also saw a guy in tears at a local jewelry shop that's giving away free jewelry to random people who've never bought from them because he wouldn't be able to provide his wife with a Christmas present this year and thanks to this paticular chain of stores he was able to give her a beautiful pair of pearl earrings they dressed up and gift bagged for him.

Anyone seen anything really nice being done for others this season?

3pidemiC
24-Dec-2008, 07:17 AM
Some person in front of me in the McDonalds drive-thru paid for my meal. I was shocked.

bassman
24-Dec-2008, 12:22 PM
Some person in front of me in the McDonalds drive-thru paid for my meal. I was shocked.

The joke here is that you were at McDonalds.:hurl:

3pidemiC
24-Dec-2008, 05:51 PM
Uh...ermm....No I meant....Arbys?

DawnGirl27
27-Dec-2008, 03:07 PM
We have something here that a local radio station has done for years. They start in the summer flipping burgers and stuff to raise money for the "Christmas Wish" campaign in December, and do other fund raisers to get money to grant wishes. No one calls in for themselves; it's always friends and family, and usually for people who have huge medical bills from cancer, or have lost everything to a fire, etc. The radio hosts call the families who have been chosen (one a day throughout December) and let them know, and it really makes you feel grateful for what you have, and to be able to help others who aren't expecting anything.

AcesandEights
27-Dec-2008, 04:19 PM
The joke here is that you were at McDonalds.:hurl:

While I agree that Wendy's or Arby's would have been a better choice, I still think it's cool that someone paid for his meal.

SymphonicX
28-Dec-2008, 02:17 PM
Someone gave way to me at a junction about two weeks ago, but I was so shocked I gave her the finger and honked me horn...I just didn't know how to respond!! :D