PDA

View Full Version : Question..

NEMESIS23
24-Dec-2008, 07:00 PM
I am gonna get Dawn of the dead 1978 but it says Divimax Edition..What is Divimax Edition ?

SRP76
24-Dec-2008, 07:36 PM
I had one that had Divimax printed on it. I think that's just the DVD publisher's name. My copy was just the theatrical release.

DubiousComforts
24-Dec-2008, 08:22 PM
I am gonna get Dawn of the dead 1978 but it says Divimax Edition..What is Divimax Edition ?
"Divimax" means that it's taken from a high-definition transfer, even though DVD is not a high-def format.

MikePizzoff
24-Dec-2008, 08:33 PM
A) What does "qustion" mean?

B) This belongs in 'Dead Discussion'. I still wonder to myself why I don't have the privilege of moving threads to their proper places!

Andy
24-Dec-2008, 08:47 PM

B) This belongs in 'Dead Discussion'. I still wonder to myself why I don't have the privilege of moving threads to their proper places!
Pretend you do ;)

NEMESIS23
24-Dec-2008, 09:04 PM
Hey man stop jumping my ****..Over nothing..

Yojimbo
24-Dec-2008, 09:06 PM

Chill dude. Homeboy meant nothing negative. :)

MikePizzoff
24-Dec-2008, 09:32 PM

I just like to be a pain in the ass from time to time. I'm not the only one here, either, so get used to it! It's usually not meant to be hostile, anyway.

NEMESIS23
24-Dec-2008, 09:41 PM
If some one talks sh!t I take it serious..

I just like to be a pain in the ass from time to time. I'm not the only one here, either, so get used to it! It's usually not meant to be hostile, anyway.

MikePizzoff
24-Dec-2008, 09:43 PM

That's fine, but I didn't talk sh1t. Happy holidays.

Yojimbo
24-Dec-2008, 10:03 PM
I had a big chip on my shoulder too when I was 16.

3pidemiC
24-Dec-2008, 11:17 PM
Mcburnz0rz.

ProfessorChaos
25-Dec-2008, 01:42 AM
forget about the divimax edition, go for the ultimate edition.

(this may help)
http://forum.homepageofthedead.com/showthread.php?t=104

you're welcome.

MoonSylver
25-Dec-2008, 03:11 AM

You'll find the smack-eth doth get talk-eth-ed most often in ye olde HPOTD. It's all in good fun though. Nothing like the old days (for the most part...) :D

If you post something in the wrong form someone will usually razz you about it & then *POOF* a mod moves it, by magic or somethin'...:confused:

forget about the divimax edition, go for the ultimate edition.

(this may help)
http://forum.homepageofthedead.com/showthread.php?t=104

you're welcome.

Second on that. If you seriously love "Dawn" it's the only way to go.

DubiousComforts
25-Dec-2008, 06:05 AM
Second on that. If you seriously love "Dawn" it's the only way to go.
It's the exact same transfer, and perhaps not everyone wishes to spend $30+ for the 4-disc set. The single disc version is only $9 on DeepDiscountDVD (http://www.deepdiscount.com/viewproduct.htm?productId=5735936&src1=DvdPricesearch&extid=df00021) with FREE shipping.

Yes, Google is your friend. :)

ProfessorChaos
25-Dec-2008, 04:59 PM
no offense to the OP, but have you even seen the original Dawn of the Dead? i surmise that due to your age, the 04 remake may have been your first exposure to zombie films....how about any of the others from the original trilogy?

AcesandEights
25-Dec-2008, 06:21 PM

OMG, you do, Mike! Look at that! You willed it and it was so! ;)

Merry Christmas :)

NEMESIS23
25-Dec-2008, 08:04 PM
I seen Dawn of the dead 1978...And i have seen night of the living dead(original)..

no offense to the OP, but have you even seen the original Dawn of the Dead? i surmise that due to your age, the 04 remake may have been your first exposure to zombie films....how about any of the others from the original trilogy?

bigmonkey2582
25-Dec-2008, 08:12 PM
To start with DOTD '04 would be disappointing.

NEMESIS23
25-Dec-2008, 11:02 PM
Come on man the Remake was not bad at all..

To start with DOTD '04 would be disappointing.

bigmonkey2582
25-Dec-2008, 11:10 PM
It is if you see Romero work, then see the "remake".

MoonSylver
26-Dec-2008, 03:49 AM
It's the exact same transfer, and perhaps not everyone wishes to spend $30+ for the 4-disc set. The single disc version is only $9 on DeepDiscountDVD (http://www.deepdiscount.com/viewproduct.htm?productId=5735936&src1=DvdPricesearch&extid=df00021) with FREE shipping.

Yes, Google is your friend. :)

Oh I know it's the same transfer & that not everyone might want to spend the extra $. Perhaps I should have put more emphasis on the "SERIOUSLY LOVE" part.;)

If you are "just" a fan of the movie then the standalone might be the way to go, but if you're as big a fan as most of US on HERE, I think it's worth it. I love the 3 different cuts, the different commentaries on each, all the extras, etc. Totally worth it IMO.

If you are NOT hardcore into "Dawn", then yeah, it might be more bang for your buck than you actually want.

AcesandEights
26-Dec-2008, 04:44 AM
Come on man the Remake was not bad at all..

I agree with you, Nemesis23. I think Dawn 04 was a fun flick. Don't let people throwing their opinions around about it get to you though, or it'll repetitively get on your nerves here.

ProfessorChaos
26-Dec-2008, 08:45 PM
while dawn 04 was fun (saw it on opening day, own the dvd, and is worth owning for fanatics of the living dead), i must say that it can't even hold a candle to the original and will NEVER have the impact or longevity of GAR's 78 masterpiece.

AcesandEights
26-Dec-2008, 08:56 PM
while dawn 04 was fun (saw it on opening day, own the dvd, and is worth owning for fanatics of the living dead), i must say that it can't even hold a candle to the original and will NEVER have the impact or longevity of GAR's 78 masterpiece.

I'll drink to that.

Cheers!

MikePizzoff
26-Dec-2008, 09:07 PM

I went to an early screening of it (I think maybe two weeks before it came out) with famous people. :cool:

:D

clanglee
26-Dec-2008, 09:10 PM
with famous people. :cool:

:D

Like Mayor McCheese and OJ Simpson?

Yojimbo
26-Dec-2008, 09:38 PM
Agreed. Maybe a fun flick, and I did enjoy it, but still it does not even come close to GAR's original film from 78. This is a matter of opinion, of course, but I just don't think the 2004 remake has the character development or the originality of the original. Plus it was made by a total hack, and was meant to appeal to the younger generation - many of whom crave flash over substance.

ProfessorChaos
27-Dec-2008, 03:59 PM
dude, go the F U C K away. no one wants any of your crap.

EDIT: commented directed at now-banned spam-a-lot type loser, not my man yojimbo

MikePizzoff
27-Dec-2008, 07:39 PM

Huh? Why the sudden hostility toward Jimbo???

ProfessorChaos
27-Dec-2008, 08:41 PM
Huh? Why the sudden hostility toward Jimbo???

dude, it's nothing to do with jimbo at all. i was replying to one of the ELEVEN posts some dude posted earlier (apparently they deleted all his posts) trying to sell people "runescape gold" and "jordan sneakers"

sorry for the confusion:lol:

Yojimbo
29-Dec-2008, 09:26 PM

EDIT: commented directed at now-banned spam-a-lot type loser, not my man yojimbo

I had been away a few days and must have missed the OPs offending posts, but I figured that you were talking to OP. No worries, brother!

MikePizzoff
29-Dec-2008, 09:48 PM
dude, it's nothing to do with jimbo at all. i was replying to one of the ELEVEN posts some dude posted earlier (apparently they deleted all his posts) trying to sell people "runescape gold" and "jordan sneakers"

sorry for the confusion:lol:

Ohhh, gotcha!