PDA

View Full Version : Dead Trilogy theatrical Re-release?

jka12002
26-Dec-2008, 06:23 AM
When the next anniversary comes around for Night of the living dead, i think that they should re-release the orginal trilogy back in theaters, like what they did with Star Wars a couple of years ago.

This would give people a chance to experience Romero's trilogy in theaters.

Would you guys like this idea?

DaDeadGuy
26-Dec-2008, 01:04 PM
That would be a pretty sweet idea, though i don't think it would make enough $$ for them to consider the idea.

3pidemiC
26-Dec-2008, 05:50 PM
Yeah, the Dead trilogy is not nearly popular enough for them to do that.

Now, if they remade all of the films in the trilogy and added some fast moving zombies and lots of 'splosions, it may work. Hmmmm....

Skippy911sc
26-Dec-2008, 06:32 PM
Yeah, the Dead trilogy is not nearly popular enough for them to do that.

Now, if they remade all of the films in the trilogy and added some fast moving zombies and lots of 'splosions, it may work. Hmmmm....

:lol:

I think there may be more than just three movie now...hmmmmm

Night
Dawn
Day
Land Diary
...the dead

:rolleyes:

sandrock74
26-Dec-2008, 07:31 PM
The first three films (which were long thought of as a trilogy) is the first time that a complete movie trilogy has been remade (or reimagined or whatever they currently call it). Thats not bad for a reasonably "unpopular" film series (as in unpopular with the general public).

bigmonkey2582
26-Dec-2008, 07:43 PM
Too bad the remakes are generally bad for the most part.

ProfessorChaos
26-Dec-2008, 08:54 PM

*begins to beat 3pidemiC within an inch of his life*

bigmonkey2582
26-Dec-2008, 08:58 PM
*Hands the professor a shiney axe instead.*

3pidemiC
26-Dec-2008, 09:02 PM
Twas a joke.

ProfessorChaos
26-Dec-2008, 09:04 PM
some jokes are better left untouched.;)

if the wrong pair of greedy money-grubbing a$$clown hollywood eyes happened across this, it may inspire them to do unthinkable things....and we'd have to hold you accountable.

but, uh....back to topic, i'd pay to sit through all 3 of the original in theaters.

clanglee
26-Dec-2008, 09:13 PM

Night
Dawn
Day
Land Diary
...the dead

never happened. :p

MikePizzoff
26-Dec-2008, 09:18 PM
Got a couple of newcomers in this thread... welcome, guys.

As for a theatrical re-release? DaDeadGuy had it pretty right. It'd be far too expensive to do so and just wouldn't turn the right kind of profit (for Rubenstein, at least).

bigmonkey2582
26-Dec-2008, 09:30 PM
I'd like to see a theatrical run for night '68 anyhow.

clanglee
26-Dec-2008, 10:54 PM
Yeah, wow, a lot of new peeps. Welcome one and All. As for theatrical release, not likely, but I will get to see Night and Dawn in February for the film fest. Excited about that.

Bub666
27-Dec-2008, 01:22 AM
I love to see Romero's trilogy in theaters.:D

Mike70
27-Dec-2008, 02:40 AM
welcome to the new folks.

it is possible to see the original three at conventions or at art theaters but most often singly and not all at once. it would be cool to see them all re-released theatrically but i don't think it'll ever happen. probably not enough money in it to make it worthwhile for the folks that hold the rights.

i've seen night and dawn together as a double feature before and night and day as double on halloween at an art theater in cincy but that was years ago.

Philly_SWAT
27-Dec-2008, 12:20 PM
To answer your question "Would you guys like this idea?"...

OF COURSE WE WOULD!!!!!:)

As mentioned, though, this will never happen, due to it not being profitable enough. I have wished for a long time that someone with a lot of investment money would consider creating a chain of theaters that specialize in older movies. There couldnt be 1000's of theaters nationwide, but perhaps 100's. There are many old theaters that only had one or two screen that are closed down now, and just sitting there empty. Bring back old favorites (GAR trilogy, Friday the 13th's, Halloweens, Hellraisers' etc) and show them in the small theaters. Patrons would not expect frills, and most of the ticket price would be pure profit (unlike new releases where most of the ticket prices goes back to the studio). They could even make it mandatory to buy a ticket/popcorn/soda combo to get it, gauranteeing high profit margins. I live in Daytona Beach, but would gladly drive to the Orlando area in order to see classic movies like this on the big screen.

bassman
29-Dec-2008, 03:17 PM
Never going to happen.

If you want to see them in theater, look around your major cities and there are often independent theaters that will play them.

blind2d
30-Dec-2008, 02:26 AM
Nice thought, but yeah, can't see it happening in the real world... ah well.

DEAD BEAT
30-Dec-2008, 05:17 AM
When the next anniversary comes around for Night of the living dead, i think that they should re-release the orginal trilogy back in theaters, like what they did with Star Wars a couple of years ago.

"DUDE IN THEATER'S BUTT NAKED AND ALL!!!":stunned::hyper:

Eyebiter
10-Apr-2009, 01:57 PM
Was able to convince the local cheap theater to show Night of the Living Dead 1968 at Halloween. Since the film is in the Public Domain makes it pure profit for the theater owner.

How much would it cost the theater to show Dawn of the Dead and Day of the Dead? Would they have to rent a 35mm copy of the films? Or could they hook up a DVD player and pay the studio for the right to show the film?

zombiekiller
11-Apr-2009, 11:54 PM

I was one of the lucky one and seen it at the best place for those movies. the drive-in when it first came out, and seen day at the drive- in when it came out too. would LOVE to see all 3 at the drive-in. i'm lucky we got one close to me. any one from hamilton and oxford ohio will know i'm talking about the holiday.

Cartma7546
12-Apr-2009, 09:20 AM
I was deprived of being able to experience the first three in theater because i wasn't born yet, so hell yeah i would love to watch them on the big screen.

As far as money, i think if you were to promote it during Halloween as a "one week only" kind of thing it may work. I think alot of kids in my generation haven't been exposed to this tri-fecta of greatness. I see those punks from hot topic sporting shirts with GAR's films on it and I just shake my head because i know they didn't go through the pain of watching roger die.

wayzim
12-Apr-2009, 03:34 PM

Night
Dawn
Day
Land Diary
...the dead

Or to misappropriate the late Douglas Adams " The Sixth Movie in the Increasingly Inaccurately Named Trilogy of The Dead. "
(Something similar to but not the blurb for his Fifth HitchHiker's Guide book, Mostly Harmless. )
Hee.

Wayne Z
'The History of the Galaxy has got abit muddled, for a number of reasons; partly because those who are trying to keep track of it have got a little muddled, but also because some muddling things have been happening anyway. '

DjfunkmasterG
14-Apr-2009, 06:47 PM
I think a Theatrical Re-release would rock, and I would be all for it, but again, I don't see the chance of that ever happening. Which sucks, but I know if I do take over that theater in hagerstown, Night DAWN and DAY will be playing regular midnight engagements throught the course of a year.