PDA

View Full Version : KUNG FU PANDA, So what is all the hype?

DjfunkmasterG
27-Dec-2008, 12:06 AM
I just finished watching this on Blu-Gay, and while some of it was funny, I still can't see what all the hype was behind this film. I can't believe people actually think this is better than WALL-E.

If you come right down to it, this movie sort of sh*ts all over the martial arts by having this fat clumsy panda chosen as the dragon warrior and his fighting style is a mock of obesity in its most disgusting form. I guess the old fat n fart gags will never die. seems like Dreamworks doesn't try very hard with their story and mostly focus on Quantity instead of Quality when it comes to output, which is most likely why Pixar will always be crowned the kinds of CG animation.

My 2 cents is this, check it out, you will laugh, but I guarantee you some of the gags will leave you rolling your eyes and saying, is this the best they can do?

I am afraid to say... yes it is.

C+

Danny
27-Dec-2008, 09:07 AM
i saw this just last week and im still a little pissed off over the ending, it was like an episode of dr who, you know the bad guy CAN change his ways, but no, nowadays any kid centric story has a too clear cut for my liking "these look different and sound different and they are the enemy and can never change bull****.

-and the actual ending of the fight with the two main characters? bollox, simple as.

axlish
27-Dec-2008, 01:11 PM
Blu-Gay? End this silly tirade at once! :)

AcesandEights
27-Dec-2008, 04:08 PM
Ouch. Double-tap to the media format!

Anyway, I was going to start of this post by saying 'skidoosh', but that possibility has set sail, so I'll just say that I don't know if I'll ever get around to seeing this film. My littlest niece was all about watching it on Christmas, as she had a received a copy as a gift, but...meh.

DjfunkmasterG
27-Dec-2008, 04:15 PM
Blu-Gay? End this silly tirade at once! :)

HD-DVD, although Dead was the better format.

Case in point, all the films from Universal that were HD-DVD exclusive were mostly on 30gb discs, but to fit the 25gb Blu-Rays they had to take a hit in picture quality, to fit the disc and allow for the uncompressed audio track.

The Thing, on Blu has so much DNR it is unwatchable compared to the HD-DVD version.

Keep in mind I own a Blu-Gay player, a PS3, but I will still call it gay because of the faggy lt. blu case, and the fact an inferior format has won the HD war. Once again we are stuck with VHS.

Ouch. Double-tap to the media format!

Anyway, I was going to start of this post by saying 'skidoosh', but that possibility has set sail, so I'll just say that I don't know if I'll ever get around to seeing this film. My littlest niece was all about watching it on Christmas, as she had a received a copy as a gift, but...meh.

For kids it is probably entertaining, but for adults I think it lacks any real humor, inlike some pixar films which in a sly way, incorp a lot of adult humor into what really amounts to kid fare.

One of my biggest gripes about dreamworks animation is the lack of quality in their films, and the fact they have to constantly rely on infantile humor to work. I think the only dreamworks animation film that was even close to pixar in terms of story quality was Over The Hedge, the rest have been Meh at best.

Especially the Shrek films. What do people see in these films? I will never understand it.

axlish
27-Dec-2008, 04:28 PM
I won't argue quality, I didn't have HD-DVD, but it is gone-as-hell, way deader than Beta ever was. Instant death, plug pulled.

I've noticed a difference in extras on a few titles, so you just have to be smart and wait for the innevitable SE.

Cody
28-Dec-2008, 09:52 PM
Blu-Gay lol

EvilNed
28-Dec-2008, 10:06 PM
If you come right down to it, this movie sort of sh*ts all over the martial arts by having this fat clumsy panda chosen as the dragon warrior and his fighting style is a mock of obesity in its most disgusting form.

Anyone who "believes" in eastern Martial Arts in the first case, might as well think Kung Fu Panda is a realistic depiction of it. So I don't see the problem?

blind2d
29-Dec-2008, 03:16 AM
Noodle: what do you mean "believes"?! I've been well taught in all forms of martial arts from kung fu to tae kwon do, to judo, jujitsu... on and on! I must meditate to keep from getting too upset...

EvilNed
29-Dec-2008, 12:02 PM
Noodle: what do you mean "believes"?! I've been well taught in all forms of martial arts from kung fu to tae kwon do, to judo, jujitsu... on and on! I must meditate to keep from getting too upset...

90% of all martial arts is stuff that doesn't work. The only stuff they teach you of value is of you and your opponents balance. Trip him over, and run!

bassman
29-Dec-2008, 03:58 PM
I haven't seen Panda yet, but I doubt it could be any worse than Wall E.

Wall E was the same sh*t over and over. I get it. We're fat, stupid, and we destroyed our planet. And oh yeah....the robot has a crush on the bite sized vibrator.:dead:

blind2d
30-Dec-2008, 02:23 AM
Wall-E was a beautiful film... favorite for the year. Balance is key to life and conflict! Without balance there is chaos and misunderstanding of everything around you! This is true in music as well. - Noodle

Er... yeh, that little robo-bloke was all right... I wasn't bored for a second, personally. - 2D

Danny
30-Dec-2008, 02:12 PM
back to this again huh?:rolleyes:

DjfunkmasterG
01-Jan-2009, 04:41 PM
back to this again huh?:rolleyes:

Blu-Gay or WALL-E?

MinionZombie
01-Jan-2009, 07:44 PM
WALL.E was the biggity bomb, my #2 film of the year (TDK was #1).

If anyone is dissing WALL.E, they can sh*t-piss right off.

"M.O." still rocks!