PDA

View Full Version : Soooo, i got a ps3

Danny
29-Dec-2008, 03:00 PM
so my mom turns up at my house with a ps3 for christmas, i gave it a mild "coo' " and got it with little big planet, valkyria chronicles, metal gear 4, siren blood curse and (sigh) the happening on blu-ray.

heres my problem with it.

im playing valkyria chronicles and having a blast, its an old school, straight out of japan rpg/3rd person shooter/ strategy game of the sort you would have bought a ps2 over an xbox or gamecube for.
but then i played little big planet, which s nice, but honestly at best its a psp game at most liekly its something youd see on newgrounds. and out of the two the one which seems more like a screensaver is advertising this system, not the honest to god videogame.
thats the problem with the ps3 hands down, now its the price my 360 was there still not gonna break even because there not actually advertising good games. things like littlebig planet and home are neat, but in no way can you consider them a system selling game. home is second life neutered and should be left forgotten, but lbp is just a user created content fest, and without that its a neat pyshics demo but not a good videogame.
hell even metal gear only gave me 50 seconds of play ,at two separate points in the first 25 minutes of putting in the disk.

thats the problem though, its being toted as a multimedia experience and not console, when it is powerful and can run faster than a 360, but the 360 i use for media so much more, but it is advertised as a games system and nothing more.

though its not as bad as it used to be, my 80gig comes with a "how to plug it in ,retard" manual and thats it, my brothers launch 60 gig came with all this "this is living" propaganda about how nothing compares to this divine experience. so at least there finally getting back to the simple basics of what the playstation brand is.

and thats a box you put games and movie disks in to play or watch and thats it. that's how it beat the dreamcast last gen, and possibly how theyve got a hope in hells chance of staying afloat this gen.

but yeah if youve got one try checking out stuff like vakyria chronicles or blood curse or folklore for some nostalgic gaming from when the ps2 was the console of choice. all this "innovation" that means sitting through ten minutes of stephen fry blathering about "adorable sack boys" or old snake lighting a cigarette can blow me.

Craig
29-Dec-2008, 03:48 PM
so my mom turns up
You disgust me :barf:

EDIT: Feel I should elaborate. If games ever, god forbid, stopped being highly profitable I dunno but I think we might see Playstation and XBox dropped by their respective companies pretty fast and Nintendo left as the only bastion for gamers to turn to. The Wii is the only games console of this generation.

Danny
29-Dec-2008, 03:51 PM
You disgust me :barf:

my mac spell corrects in american, THERE IS A U IN COLOR!

......dammit!:lol:

CoinReturn
29-Dec-2008, 06:23 PM
I think you get pretty screwed when buying a new PS3. They took out PS2 backwards compatibility and it doesn't even come with HD cables. Kind of a ripoff, but I guess whatever saves Sony money...

Exatreides
29-Dec-2008, 06:45 PM
First thing I thought when I read the thread was...

"Damn, I'm sorry."

Danny
29-Dec-2008, 07:41 PM
I think you get pretty screwed when buying a new PS3. They took out PS2 backwards compatibility and it doesn't even come with HD cables. Kind of a ripoff, but I guess whatever saves Sony money...

it actually says on the back of the box in bold now "DOES NOT PLAY GAMES FROM THE PLAYSTATION 2 SYSTEM" and i aint got a ps2 no more, how am i supposed to play persona 4?!?

First thing I thought when I read the thread was...

"Damn, I'm sorry."

why?, i didnt pay for it:D

ProfessorChaos
29-Dec-2008, 08:42 PM
i had so much hope for the ps3 when it was waaay over the horizon. but these days, i can honestly say that if it didn't have a blu-ray player, i probably wouldn't even bother taking one that was given to me for free....unless i could just sell it and buy a couple of games for my 360.

ps3 is so fu(king dead, it really amazes me that people still talk about it and sony is still making them. terran (who's not posted much lately, i've noticed) used to have a signature that had the totals for wii, ps3, and xbox360 systems sold....wonder what those numbers are now? these figures came from nexgenwars.com, which was the site terran had in his signature.

360 consoles sold

PS3 consoles sold

as of 12/29/2008

capncnut
30-Dec-2008, 08:37 AM
I think we might see Playstation and XBox dropped by their respective companies pretty fast and Nintendo left as the only bastion for gamers to turn to.
360 ain't going anywhere. It's Gatesy's dream to have a major foothold in the console market and now he's got it big style. Besides he could buy Nintendo with pocket change.

it actually says on the back of the box in bold now "DOES NOT PLAY GAMES FROM THE PLAYSTATION 2 SYSTEM" and i aint got a ps2 no more...
Man, they got the PS2 spot on with backwards compatibility, how the mighty have fallen. And heck, you got rid of your PS2?

<checks Hellsings temperature> :D

Have fun with the PS3 Hells but I can pretty much guarantee it will be sitting up on a shelf in Gamestation in a few months time.

PS3 consoles sold
Dreamcast sold just over 10 million units and withdrew the console...

Tricky
30-Dec-2008, 11:37 AM
Both are still ****e compared to a decent PC though,and dont you forget it :p

MikePizzoff
30-Dec-2008, 11:59 AM

That's enough from you!

Danny
30-Dec-2008, 02:10 PM

*beats him out the door with a broom*

OUT PC GAMER!, YAH!, SCAT!, G'WAN! GIT!

MinionZombie
30-Dec-2008, 06:13 PM
YAH!, SCAT!

There's no need for that kinda thing, you rude little boy! :eek:

:lol::D:lol:

I'll stick with 360 and PC thank you very much.

slickwilly13
30-Dec-2008, 06:23 PM
*polishes his PS3 60 GB model* The only true PS3. Btw, Valkyria Chronicles kicks ass. The 2 lead characters from Skies of Arcadia are in my sqad now. Unless this game gets ported to the 369, then you guys are missing out.

Danny
30-Dec-2008, 10:44 PM
*polishes his PS3 60 GB model* The only true PS3. Btw, Valkyria Chronicles kicks ass. The 2 lead characters from Skies of Arcadia are in my sqad now. Unless this game gets ported to the 369, then you guys are missing out.

**** yeah dude, vyse and aisha were my first choices.

-and the lesbian russian and Irish snipers, sadly nothing arose from that though.

slickwilly13
31-Dec-2008, 12:05 AM
I like the fact that your squad can be customized. The weapons and armor can be upgraded. Sometimes upgrades can change appearance and you can see it on the battlefield. Same with the tanks. Yes, you get more than one. There are promotions in class. *Elite Class* Great game, but not too many people will get the opportunity to play this game, unless it gets ported.

Danny
31-Dec-2008, 12:18 AM
I like the fact that your squad can be customized. The weapons and armor can be upgraded. Sometimes upgrades can change appearance and you can see it on the battlefield. Same with the tanks. Yes, you get more than one. There are promotions in class. *Elite Class* Great game, but not too many people will get the opportunity to play this game, unless it gets ported.

it really should, i reckon it would be a good seller for the 360 in japan.