PDA

View Full Version : Fan made DOTD live action comic

chuckroast
29-Dec-2008, 07:13 PM
While away over Christmas I set my computer to convert and process the entire Dawn of the Dead movie in to an animated comic.

I was actually impressed by the result. The movie takes on a completely different tone and the effects look amazing.

Unfortunately I know I can never release it.

Attached are a couple screen caps.

bassman
29-Dec-2008, 07:47 PM
Looks kind of cool. You just took screen caps and put some sort of an effect on them. Is that right?

Remember the comic that came with the Dawn Ultimate Edition? Did anyone ever collect the rest of those? I would love to get my hands on a set, but never heard anything about them...

AcesandEights
29-Dec-2008, 07:58 PM
Damn that looks cool!

So you can't even put them up for free without (risking) getting into trouble? I always thought it was usually a matter of intent to profit with movies and the like that governed use of the images.

ProfessorChaos
29-Dec-2008, 08:52 PM
hey, that reminds me of a video i saw on youtube the other day. apparently they're making a web-cartoon compilation-type deal for night of the living dead:

KT--o8LVxD8

(think i'd have selected some different music)

sorry to steal your thunder chuckroast....nice work, btw. i'd be interested in seeing the finished product.

chuckroast
29-Dec-2008, 09:10 PM
You just took screen caps and put some sort of an effect on them. Is that right?

No, The entire movie was encoded, and coverted into this format. The screenshots are actually from the movie playing.