PDA

View Full Version : The big dog project..

Tricky
29-Dec-2008, 08:15 PM
Check this thing out,its kinda creepy but cool at the same time
http://www.bostondynamics.com/content/sec.php?section=BigDog

even though its just a robot,am i the only one who felt sorry for it when the guy kicks it or when it loses its footing on the ice?:confused:

Danny
29-Dec-2008, 09:10 PM
am i the only one seeing those legs and thinking of the combine hunters?

MikePizzoff
29-Dec-2008, 09:29 PM
Man, for some reason that thing REALLY creeps me out. I've always had a sense of an impending robotic apocalypse, I even centered a lot of the lyrical content in my band around such a premise.

Although, I found it hilarious when the bot lost it's footing on the ice.

AcesandEights
29-Dec-2008, 10:28 PM
Hehe, between the buzz like sound of the motor, it's multiple legs and movement style, I thought I giant wasp was coming up that hill to sting me and carry me away to it's giant wasp's nest.

I agree Mike, that was a little creepy.

ProfessorChaos
29-Dec-2008, 11:05 PM
yeah, that thing's movements are kinda unsettling, for some reason. pretty remarkable device. i'm surprised it managed to stay upright when the dude booted it and when it hit the ice patch.

not very quiet, though, is it?

Tricky
30-Dec-2008, 12:15 AM
it looks very robotic until it loses its footing,then it suddenly takes on a very natural kind of instinctive movement to save itself,it seems to react pretty quick as well!see it jump near the end?crazy!:eek:

capncnut
30-Dec-2008, 09:02 AM
I want one!

Btw, other than Tricky, am I the only one here who kinda felt sorry for BigDog when the dude kicked it? :D

MinionZombie
30-Dec-2008, 10:45 AM
I want one!

Btw, am I the only one here who kinda felt sorry for BigDog when the dude kicked it? :D
No! Kill it! Kill the demon robotic insect of terror!!! :eek:

That thing just freaked me out, with that sound, and those black legs, it was like some mutilated, gigantic, robotic fly coming for all of mankind!!!

*runs away in panic*

Freaky when it got kicked off course and corrected itself mind you.

MikePizzoff
30-Dec-2008, 11:54 AM
No! Kill it! Kill the demon robotic insect of terror!!! :eek:

We're going to have to work together on this one!

bassman
30-Dec-2008, 12:03 PM
Yeah, that really is creepy somehow. It's really amazing how it recovers after being kicked or slipping on the ice.:eek:

DjfunkmasterG
30-Dec-2008, 01:23 PM
I did feel bad when the dude kicked it, but at the same time that thing creeps me out. Now I am gonna have nightmares about an insect type robot coming to acrry me off to its nest to feed on.

Although since I am fat, I bet it won't carry me far before it gives up. :D

Tricky
03-Jan-2009, 11:58 AM
It has a little brother too...
JYptK21vAgQ

its the natural but unnatural leg movements that do it,its like a robotic headcrab from half life!