PDA

View Full Version : Dead Heist

Yojimbo
29-Dec-2008, 09:33 PM
Hope no one else bothered to see this. Completely lame, awful film. Amatueristic acting, impotent directing, and looked like it had enough of a budget for lack of funds not to be an issue. If you have not seen this one, do not even bother. Not even worthy of wiping with, and actually made DAY OF THE DEAD remake look like Citizen Kane, if you can believe that.

Sorry if this was mentioned before, and sorry for the rant, but this movie really gave me some roids.

ProfessorChaos
29-Dec-2008, 11:06 PM
thanks for the heads up, jimbo. i've got a mental list of zombie films never to see (based upon the recommendations/reviews of others), and this one will be added to "the list"

clanglee
29-Dec-2008, 11:11 PM
Caught this one on cable a few weeks back. Yeah it was pretty horrible but a decent mindless watch if you have nothing else, and I mean NOTHING else, to do.

Yojimbo
29-Dec-2008, 11:58 PM
Caught this one on cable a few weeks back. Yeah it was pretty horrible but a decent mindless watch if you have nothing else, and I mean NOTHING else, to do.

Maybe not that bad if you can catch it for free and literally don't have anything else to do. Personally, I have had more entertainment cleaning my wife's catbox than I got watching this one.

clanglee
30-Dec-2008, 01:42 AM
Maybe not that bad if you can catch it for free and literally don't have anything else to do. Personally, I have had more entertainment cleaning my wife's catbox than I got watching this one.

:lol::lol::lol:
Point taken.

slickwilly13
30-Dec-2008, 06:35 PM
I saw this movie on Showtime a while back. It sucks. Avoid it. Avoid Doomed, also. A movie about a game show with people gambling their lives on a zombie infested island. They are runners, too.

blind2d
30-Dec-2008, 06:47 PM
Plane Dead is better... but not much.

Yojimbo
30-Dec-2008, 08:41 PM
On the flipside, I talked my wife into renting "Zombie Strippers" and I was surprised to find it kind of entertaining - not for the obvious reasons that people would cite, mind you- it actually was cool.

OK, it was pretty stupid, and the acting over the top, and the effects somewhat cheesy, but as a zombie film I enjoyed it more than most of what has been offered, and this surpised me since my expectations were pretty low for this film.

MoonSylver
30-Dec-2008, 10:23 PM
Plane Dead is better... but not much.

I kinda liked that one. It was pretty generic, by the numbers stuff, but I was surprised at the production quality, make up & spfx, etc, it didn't LOOK like a cheap movie at all, & was mildly entertaining.

On the flipside, I talked my wife into renting "Zombie Strippers" and I was surprised to find it kind of entertaining - not for the obvious reasons that people would cite, mind you- it actually was cool.

OK, it was pretty stupid, and the acting over the top, and the effects somewhat cheesy, but as a zombie film I enjoyed it more than most of what has been offered, and this surpised me since my expectations were pretty low for this film.

I keep hearing that about this one & keep being surprised. I keep resisting the urge to check it out, as I know my self esteem is gonna take a hit if I do...:lol: