PDA

View Full Version : Cell phones cook your brains?

bassman
30-Dec-2008, 02:41 PM
What about Popcorn? (http://www.dailymotion.com/relevance/search/portable/video/x5odhh_pop-corn-telephone-portable-microon_news)

Anyone seen this before? Someone sent this to me at work, and I won't really believe it until I try it myself when I get home. How could it possibly work, anyway?:rockbrow:

Cody
30-Dec-2008, 03:32 PM
that cant be real and I just got a cell for xmas :/

capncnut
30-Dec-2008, 03:37 PM
Yup, those videos were revealed to be hoaxes shortly after they came out.

bassman
30-Dec-2008, 04:05 PM
Ah, that's what I figured. First time I've seen it, though. Oh well...there's the end of this thread, I guess.

Cell phones still scare me, though.:lol: Seriously.....something about them making screens warp and that pop & crackle that comes from nearby electronics freaks me out...

Tricky
30-Dec-2008, 04:46 PM
You been reading stephen kings "cell" bassman?:p

bassman
30-Dec-2008, 04:52 PM
You been reading stephen kings "cell" bassman?:p

Nah. I hear it's a good one, though.

MinionZombie
30-Dec-2008, 06:11 PM
Oh yeah, that vid freaked me out first time I saw it - thank fook it's a fake ... although why it was made I don't know.

Mobile phones still wig me out a bit too, I'm not too keen on keeping one in my pocket by my balls for too long, you know?

Plus, when I used to make decent length calls on it (or receive decent length calls), my ear would get all warm ... that's scary enough for me. I mainly just text and receive calls on mine, I'm well lazy that way - and it's why my phone bill is teeny-weeny. :p

Tricky
30-Dec-2008, 07:25 PM
Nah. I hear it's a good one, though.

Yeah its a good one,i read it last summer,its kind of like a zombie apocalypse,but crossed with 28 days later & with the cause of it all being a mobile phone signal

Danny
30-Dec-2008, 10:47 PM
always use speaker phone myself, i dont want owt broadcasting signals near my brain that close.

.....redneck/luditian though that may be.

clanglee
30-Dec-2008, 10:54 PM
although why it was made I don't know.
p

it was originally done as a viral ad for a bluetooth company.

MinionZombie
31-Dec-2008, 10:04 AM
always use speaker phone myself, i dont want owt broadcasting signals near my brain that close.

.....redneck/luditian though that may be.
I don't know where my speaker phone function is, or if I have one ... I'm not much into mobiles ... hence why mine is about three years old as a model, but is quite new to me (six months since I got it).

I'm not fussed by phones, they're merely a tool to be used to text and receive calls, or take the odd picture when you fancy. Just playing a bit of Tetris on it is pushing the boat out for me.

Anyway, with a phone that's not up-to-date, hopefully nobody would wanna steal it ... although I'm not one of those morons who insist on removing their phone from their pocket so they can put it (usually face down, for some strange reason), on the table when you're in a pub or something ... I mean, why?

bassman
31-Dec-2008, 11:39 AM
I'm the same way, MZ. My buddies are always showing me their 300+ dollar phones and saying things like..."I can surf the internet at high speeds on my phone!". I'm just thinking...."Okay. I make calls on my phone. I have a computer for the internet."

It seems like these days that the actual function of THE PHONE is the last thing people care about in a cell phone. It's crazy.:confused:

Tricky
31-Dec-2008, 11:50 AM
One of my mates has the iphone & he's never off the damn thing!on nights out he's taking photos & posting them on his facebook as he does it!admittedly its a flashy piece of kit,but its a true geeks phone. Im happy to have an up to date phone with a decent camera on, but i wouldnt go as far as an iphone

twistbud
31-Dec-2008, 12:03 PM
I'm the same way, MZ. My buddies are always showing me their 300+ dollar phones and saying things like..."I can surf the internet at high speeds on my phone!". I'm just thinking...."Okay. I make calls on my phone. I have a computer for the internet."

It seems like these days that the actual function of THE PHONE is the last thing people care about in a cell phone. It's crazy.:confused:

Yeah, what a joke. I don't want to get emails on my phone either. :rolleyes:

bassman
31-Dec-2008, 12:19 PM
Yeah, what a joke. I don't want to get emails on my phone either. :rolleyes:

I'm assuming this is sarcasm? Hard to tell through text.

Emails...sure, maybe that could be useful to some people. But some of the other things phones come with these days are just ridiculous. I'm not saying these features are excessive to everyone, but some people seem to forget that above all they are phones.:p

I remember people in school that would never talk on their phones but were always using them for something. Aside from a camera and the occasional texting, it just blows my mind. What would Zack Morris say?:lol:

kortick
31-Dec-2008, 02:03 PM
David Lynch on iPhone.
<object width="480" height="295"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/wKiIroiCvZ0&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/wKiIroiCvZ0&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="295"></embed></object>

AcesandEights
31-Dec-2008, 02:21 PM
Whatever. All I know is, I don't use any phones, but my cell phone. I don't have a land line currently, nor do I want one till I own equity...then maybe I'll care about having a land line as a back up in case my precious new home is burning etc. In the meantime, I make sure I don't use the cell much and, for longer conversations at home, I use a blue tooth (which may or may not be better at keeping Mr. Tumor away).

I'm at a point in my life where I don't want to spend excessive amounts of time on the phone, anyway. Hell, I want to be on it as little as possible. :)

Skippy911sc
31-Dec-2008, 02:36 PM
David Lynch on iPhone.
<object width="480" height="295"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/wKiIroiCvZ0&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/wKiIroiCvZ0&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="295"></embed></object>

That was Fantastic!!! LMAO!!!

I love Lynch, he's one crazy MFker!!

MinionZombie
31-Dec-2008, 05:50 PM
David Lynch on iPhone.
Horray for Lynch, and damn straight!

Same goes for twats who watch movies on their f*cking iPods - the screen is square, but the films are in widescreen - some are really wide widescreen (i.e. 2.35:1), so the picture is EVEN SMALLER, and the speakers are tiny and shoved in yours ears - I mean what the f*ck?!

Danny
31-Dec-2008, 06:17 PM
i watch tv shows on mine sometimes but a full movie?, bollox that, the it crowd does a train ride but i aint watchin' no short circuit two on a phone!

clanglee
01-Jan-2009, 09:36 AM
i aint watchin' no short circuit two on a phone!

Gotta go blueray on that one. :D

bassman
01-Jan-2009, 11:54 PM
Johnny 5 is aliiiiiivvvveeee!

MinionZombie
02-Jan-2009, 10:31 AM
Johnny 5 is aliiiiiivvvveeee!
You're damn right he is.

Rock on! Anyone who doesn't love Short Circuit 1 & 2 can go sh*t-piss right the f*ck off. :sneaky:

capncnut
02-Jan-2009, 01:12 PM
Top vid, Kor. I agree with Lynch 100%. :D

I once saw 2001: A Space Odyssey at the NFT years ago and thought, 'damn, the dvd doesn't even compare'. So with that in mind, I don't think I could watch any film on an iPod. The experience just wouldn't be the same.