PDA

View Full Version : An interesting thought.

bigmonkey2582
30-Dec-2008, 08:43 PM
I had an interesting thought/idea about this one, what if they were to run into maybe one or two of the cops from Dawn, that were going onto their boat, looking for "any island"? And what would they be doing?

Bub666
30-Dec-2008, 11:50 PM
That's a great idea.I would love to see that in the movie.

bigmonkey2582
31-Dec-2008, 12:07 AM
Would be awesome to have Joe Pilato give a little cameo or something.

bassman
31-Dec-2008, 12:32 AM
This reminds me of the days leading up to the release of Land. Of course the only minor nod that we got was Machete/Blades. Not really a connection to the original trilogy, but just a treat for fans.

I really don't expect Romero to go any further than that sort of simple nod. Personally, I think all the films are seperate. So a continuation with the same characters may cause a bit of a problem. As Doc Brown would say...

The encounter could create a time paradox, the results of which could cause a chain reaction that would unravel the very fabric of the space time continuum, and destroy the entire universe, Granted....that's a worse case scenario. The destruction might in fact be very localized and limited to merely our own galaxy..

:)

bigmonkey2582
31-Dec-2008, 12:33 AM
Don't think it would cause that much of a problem myself. If pulled off thoughtfully.

AcesandEights
31-Dec-2008, 01:07 AM

That would be great! Damn...

Bub666
31-Dec-2008, 01:25 AM

That would be awesome.I haven't seen Joe Pilato in any movies lately.

bigmonkey2582
31-Dec-2008, 02:05 AM
A pilato cameo, if done well, could be a jump out of my seat and applaud moment.

krakenslayer
31-Dec-2008, 11:37 AM
This reminds me of the days leading up to the release of Land. Of course the only minor nod that we got was Machete/Blades. Not really a connection to the original trilogy, but just a treat for fans.

I really don't expect Romero to go any further than that sort of simple nod. Personally, I think all the films are seperate. So a continuation with the same characters may cause a bit of a problem. As Doc Brown would say...
:)

According the commentary on the Land DVD, the only reason Romero was unable to include more characters from past Dead movies, was the fact that the Canadian government's tax cuts for filmmakers was only available to productions featuring more than 80% (-ish) Canadian-national actors and crew. He wanted to have Savini play the part of Foxy and have him kill the Zombie Blades as a gag, and there was talk that he might bring back Fran and/or Peter living in the ruins of the Golden Triangle, but that would have pushed the percentage of American actors over the limit and they would have lost their tax break.

bassman
31-Dec-2008, 11:51 AM
According the commentary on the Land DVD, the only reason Romero was unable to include more characters from past Dead movies, was the fact that the Canadian government's tax cuts for filmmakers was only available to productions featuring more than 80% (-ish) Canadian-national actors and crew. He wanted to have Savini play the part of Foxy and have him kill the Zombie Blades as a gag, and there was talk that he might bring back Fran and/or Peter living in the ruins of the Golden Triangle, but that would have pushed the percentage of American actors over the limit and they would have lost their tax break.

It's been a while since I've listened to the Land commentary, so I don't remember that. Personally, I'm glad it turned out the way it did. I think bringing in past characters for more prominent roles is a bad idea.

As for Pilato....it would be cool to have him in there as another minor character like Dawn. Maybe some passing Rhodes dialogue in the background.

bigmonkey2582
31-Dec-2008, 11:55 AM
Nah I was figuring a cameo of the small character he had in Dawn, using Rhodes dialog would probablly confuse things.

bassman
31-Dec-2008, 12:00 PM
Nah I was figuring a cameo of the small character he had in Dawn, using Rhodes dialog would probablly confuse things.

That's why I said passing dialogue. Something said in the background that has nothing to do with the plot or main characters. Just something for the fans if they pick up on it.

Say we see him for a few seconds in the background and as he walks away he mumbles something like "I don't want them to do anything but drop over". Just something small in the background that doesn't matter. Kinda like Blades/Machette's quick cameo in Land. If you weren't familiar with the past films, you wouldn't ever question why he came into frame...

bigmonkey2582
31-Dec-2008, 12:02 PM
If you want to do that, you could have his friend still asking for a cigarette. lol

bassman
31-Dec-2008, 12:21 PM
If you want to do that, you could have his friend still asking for a cigarette. lol

:lol:

That guy's look after the "Straight up" line always cracks me up. I would definitely have that as an avatar if I knew how to get it.

bigmonkey2582
31-Dec-2008, 03:39 PM
Yeah, I'd get a kick out of him and pilato in a cameo. lol

clanglee
31-Dec-2008, 11:26 PM
:lol:

That guy's look after the "Straight up" line always cracks me up. I would definitely have that as an avatar if I knew how to get it.

Well Bass. . I couldn't find that shot. . .but here he is all growned up!!

http://www.primestage.com/images/2007_2008_season/omam/lennie.gif

Hilarious!!!

He apparently was playing Lenny in some small production of Mice and Men. . .great to know he is still working.

http://www.primestage.com/cast_mice_and_men_photos.htm

Griff
01-Jan-2009, 10:52 AM
He wanted to have Savini play the part of Foxy and have him kill the Zombie Blades as a gag...but that would have pushed the percentage of American actors over the limit and they would have lost their tax break.

That was part of it. The main reason why Savini couldn't play that role was ultimately because Universal didn't want him to. I'm not sure why, exactly, but it had something to do with his participation in the DAWN remake.

krakenslayer
01-Jan-2009, 12:57 PM
That was part of it. The main reason why Savini couldn't play that role was ultimately because Universal didn't want him to. I'm not sure why, exactly, but it had something to do with his participation in the DAWN remake.

I was under the impression that Universal only came on board towards the end of the production as a distributor, in much the same way as the Weinsteins on Diary of the Dead, and the movie was financed by Atmosphere Productions and Wild Bunch. According to IMDB that looks to be the case anyway.

bigmonkey2582
01-Jan-2009, 11:16 PM
I don't know but I'd still love a Pilato cameo.

MagicMoonMonkey
02-Jan-2009, 01:53 PM
It's a shame all the other movies are the property of someone else. It would be so easy to digitally insert previous characters in to a new shot. I bet somewhere in amongst a mountain of boxes somewhere will be footage of Pilato and his men, all kitted out, boarding some form of transport or walking as a group.

With todays technology and ease of manipulation, it wouldn't be too hard to show the group depart for Florida in some sort of news footage that could be on a tv or even just a stop and watch moment for the new group if they were perhaps eyeing up an airport or passing a military base.

I bet, that some clever monkey within these forums knows exactly what I am envisioning and could do the scene on their own computer.

Alas, Romero owns nothing but Diary, so it won't ever happen.

bigmonkey2582
02-Jan-2009, 03:53 PM
Don't like the old footage idea, I'd prefer pilato actually making a cameo.

capncnut
02-Jan-2009, 04:01 PM
As for Pilato....it would be cool to have him in there as another minor character like Dawn. Maybe some passing Rhodes dialogue in the background.
Well considering Sarah, John and McDermott also made it to an island, that wouldn't be a bad idea. Throw 'em all in. Just as long as Pilato kept in line with the Dawn cop character but swinging a few Rhodes-isms for cameo type grins. :D

Thorn
02-Jan-2009, 04:22 PM
I had an interesting thought/idea about this one, what if they were to run into maybe one or two of the cops from Dawn, that were going onto their boat, looking for "any island"? And what would they be doing?

I think that would be a great idea.

Mikey
04-Jan-2009, 02:56 PM
I'd still like to see Fisher from Day watching zombies drive a car in DC.

Philly_SWAT
05-Jan-2009, 02:47 PM

The one guy, suffering from nicotine withdrawal, would still be desparately still looking for some cigarettes.

bigmonkey2582
05-Jan-2009, 03:10 PM
I already beat you to that idea. lol