PDA

View Full Version : NFL Post Season

Minerva_Zombi
31-Dec-2008, 07:45 AM
Yeah we got away from the football talk. But its POst Season time and I'm ready to unleash my thoughts and picks on anyone who wants to listen.

First, IMO :

MVP : Michael Turner-ATL (He was a back up last year. Comes to a broken Atlanta team and becomes a star over night. 16 touchdowns and 1,700 yds.)

Coach of the Year : Bill Belichek-NE (Everyone wants to talk Mike Smith or Tony Sparano. But, Bill Belichek... He loses Tom Brady, Laurence Maroney, Adalius Thomas, Tedy Bruschi, almost half of his starting line up and what happens? They go 11-5 just missing the playoffs. Bellichek IS A GREAT COACH. PERIOD.)

Defensive MVP : Ed Reed-BAL (Without a doubt the best Safety in the league and 9 INTs prove it.)

My picks for Wildcard Playoffs:

EAGLES over VIKINGS (Vikings are too unbalanced and Eagles are looking REAL good.)

FALCONS over CARDINALS (Cards play well at home but they've been asleep for a month while ATL has been kicking ass)

CHARGERS over COLTS (Both teams on a hot streak, but San Diego always plays the Colts close and LT is lookin healthy. Chargers win another Classic.)

RAVENS over DOLPHINS (Low scoring affair. Ravens win with better Defense.)

bigmonkey2582
31-Dec-2008, 09:36 AM
I'd like to see my Steelers go all the way again, but I don't see it happening.

axlish
31-Dec-2008, 03:17 PM
I agree with Michael Turner as MVP. Without him, this amazing season doesn't happen.

I agree with all of your playoff pics except for IND @ SD, where I think IND will win.

My coach of the year choice would be Jeff Fisher. Amazing defense coupled with a smashmouth offense almost makes me wish I was a Titans fan.

Defensive MVP, hmmm. Tough call, will have a think on that one.

I am a Dolphins fan so I am hoping for the victory but I don't think it will happen. The fins keep suprising me though...

major jay
31-Dec-2008, 08:13 PM
Coach of the Year : Bill Belichek-NE (Everyone wants to talk Mike Smith or Tony Sparano. But, Bill Belichek... He loses Tom Brady, Laurence Maroney, Adalius Thomas, Tedy Bruschi, almost half of his starting line up and what happens? They go 11-5 just missing the playoffs. Bellichek IS A GREAT COACH. PERIOD.)

I agree, he is this eras Vince Lombardi.
I gotta go with James Harrison for defensive player.
For worst team I'd say it was the Cowboys. You have to consider they had 15 pro bowlers from last years team on the roster and didn't make the playoffs.

And for ugliest looking player I'm going with Marshaun Lynch.
http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w234/tcrine_photos/10456.jpg

bigmonkey2582 I'd like to see my Steelers go all the way again, but I don't see it happening.
Keep the faith dude, keep the faith!!!

Minerva_Zombi
01-Jan-2009, 08:14 AM
its nice being a titans fan right now. lol. jeff fisher should def. be a coach of the year nominee.

Philly_SWAT
07-Jan-2009, 01:21 AM
Well, I found this thread too late to make wild card predictions, so I will make my divisional rounds picks.

I pick Baltimore to win on the road at Tennessee.
I pick Carolina to win at home vs Arizona.
I pick New York to win at home vs Philly (this is the toughest one for me to pick)
And I pick Pittsburgh to win at home vs San Diego, assuming Ben R. plays

Minerva_Zombi
13-Jan-2009, 06:14 PM
Well, I found this thread too late to make wild card predictions, so I will make my divisional rounds picks.

I pick New York to win at home vs Philly (this is the toughest one for me to pick)

I was at that game. We beat Baltimore damnit. We just didn't win...

darth los
13-Jan-2009, 06:46 PM

Damn those are shitty picks dude. :lol:

Wanna try predicting how the future of Gar'S dead franchise is going to go? :rolleyes:

Just kidding dude.

:cool:

Philly_SWAT
13-Jan-2009, 10:17 PM
Damn those are shitty picks dude. :lol:

Wanna try predicting how the future of Gar'S dead franchise is going to go? :rolleyes:

Just kidding dude.

:cool:

Well, I did pick 2 out of the 4, with the caveat that the Philly/NY game was a tough choice for me. The funny thing is, I really thought that Arizona would win, but I let the stats make me go with Carolina. Carolina was 8-0 at home, and Arizona was 0-5 on the East Coast, and that is why I picked Carolina. Guess I should have went with what I thought, regardless of any stats.

That being said, I guess I will make Championship game picks. I will take
Pittsburgh at home vs. Baltimore (close game) and....
Arizona at home vs. Philly

Philly_SWAT
20-Jan-2009, 12:09 AM
Well, I did pick 2 out of the 4, with the caveat that the Philly/NY game was a tough choice for me. The funny thing is, I really thought that Arizona would win, but I let the stats make me go with Carolina. Carolina was 8-0 at home, and Arizona was 0-5 on the East Coast, and that is why I picked Carolina. Guess I should have went with what I thought, regardless of any stats.

That being said, I guess I will make Championship game picks. I will take
Pittsburgh at home vs. Baltimore (close game) and....
Arizona at home vs. Philly

Well, I was 2 for 2 this week! :)

ProfessorChaos
20-Jan-2009, 12:23 AM
^^

et moi, aussi, philly! (just felt like bustin' out some french rhymes, that's french for "and me too, philly."

although i'd rather see the steelers win it all, it'd be cool to see kurt warner win another super bowl, this time with a team with no championship history.

gonna be a killer game, can't wait:cool:

clanglee
20-Jan-2009, 12:36 AM
, but I let the stats make me go with Carolina. Carolina was 8-0 at home, and Arizona was 0-5 on the East Coast, and that is why I picked Carolina. Guess I should have went with what I thought, regardless of any stats.

I don't even want to talk about it. what a shitty end to a great season. Delome is not our favorite person around here right now

Philly_SWAT
20-Jan-2009, 04:14 AM
^^

et moi, aussi, philly! (just felt like bustin' out some french rhymes, that's french for "and me too, philly."

although i'd rather see the steelers win it all, it'd be cool to see kurt warner win another super bowl, this time with a team with no championship history.

gonna be a killer game, can't wait:cool:

Yeah, I would like to see Warner get the win. He is a great football player, and a great human being. Although I do have a soft spot in my heart for the Steelers, because they are from Pittsburgh!! :)

major jay
24-Jan-2009, 10:50 AM
Here's a bunch of kids from Evans City, where Night was filmed, singing a Steeler's fight song. They're pretty damn good! GO STEELERS!!!

DkTflRQzCZg

Here's also a news report on them playing live at the Diesel club in Pittsburgh.

http://www.wpxi.com/video/18551014/index.html

Philly_SWAT
27-Jan-2009, 11:18 PM
Actually, it says at the end of the video that they are from Harmony, PA, which is right near Evans City. In any event, the did exhibit a great deal of talent. I am surprised they didnt get an email from youtube, telling them their audio would be deleted due to copyright infringement.

Here is another Steelers song.

<object width="480" height="295"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/OmP-nm0jaZE&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/OmP-nm0jaZE&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="295"></embed></object>