PDA

View Full Version : MTV Movie awards - Vote Now

DjfunkmasterG
10-May-2006, 12:02 PM
Since I am the supremem hater of everything "NEW" Star Wars I just thought I would give all the fellow SW haters a chance to keep it from winning.

MTV has open voting for the awards, and of course like all MTV award shows they always have some of the stupidest actors, or films nominated in their lackluster categories, however, this year they actually have some decent picks for most categories. So lets try and turn the MTV movie awards into a respectable show by voting for good films. My choices marked by an *

Best Film - Nominees
Batman Begins*
Sin City
King Kong
40 Y.O. Virgin
Wedding Crashers

Best Performance
Joaquin Phoenix - Walk The Line*
Jake Gyllenhaal - Brokeback Mountain
Rachel McAdams - Red Eye
Steve Carrell - 40 Y.O. Virgin
Reese Withserspoon - Walk The Line
Terrence Howard - Hustle & Flow

Best Comedic Performance
Owen Wilson - Wedding Crashers
Vince Vaughn - Wedding Crashers*
Adam Sandler - The Longest Yard
Tyler Perry - Madea's Reunion

Best On Screen Team
Cast of 40 Y.O. Virgin*
Cast of Dukes of Hazzard
Cast of Fantastic Four
Cast of Harry Potter
Cast of Wedding Crashers

Best Villian
Cillian Murphy - Batman Begins*
Hayden Christensen - SW: 3
Ralph Finnes - Harry Potter 4
Tilda Swinton - Narnia (She did better in Constantine)
Tobin Bell - Saw 2

Best Hero
Christian Bale - Batman Begins*
Jessica Alba - Fantastic 4
Daniel Radcliffe - Potter 4
Kate Beckinsale - Underworld 2
Ewan McGregor - SW 3: Steaming Pile of Sith

Best Fight
Stephen Chow vs Axe Gang - Kung Fu Hustle*
King Kong Vs Planes - King Kong
Angelina Vs. Brad - Mr. & Mrs. Smith (Angie can whup my ass anytime)
Ewan Vs. Hayden - SW:3 Sith Pile.

I won't mess with the other categories because they are a joke. Those categories are:

Best kiss
Sexiest performance

There is one category titled Best frightened performace... I voted Dakota Fanning for War of the Worlds... The other nominees included Paris Hilton for House of Wax. That nomination alone makes the MTV awards lose any credibility they would have had with this years decent line-up.

Go here to vote:
http://www.mtv.com/home/splash/index.jhtml?m=2006_movie_awards_hptakeover.swf&b=000000&l=12000

bassman
10-May-2006, 12:38 PM
There's nothing like an awards show put on by a channel with the name "Music Television" but everytime I turn it on, it's some stupid "reality" show telling me how I should act and "be cool".....nothing about music, there.

MTV and everyone involved can go to hell. Besides, who cares what movies teenagers vote for? They're all going to vote for the same crap because they have no mind of their own.

I'm sorry to hear that you enjoy this channel, DJ.....

Adrenochrome
10-May-2006, 12:43 PM
There's nothing like an awards show put on by a channel with the name "Music Television" but everytime I turn it on, it's some stupid "reality" show telling me how I should act and "be cool".....nothing about music, there.

MTV and everyone involved can go to hell. Besides, who cares what movies teenagers vote for? They're all going to vote for the same crap because they have no mind of their own.

When I was in high school (waaaaay back in the 80's) I had a button I would wear that said "I Want My Empty V" -

oh, how I abhor MTV!!!

dmbfanintn
10-May-2006, 01:23 PM
Oh my God!!! I am actually old enough to remember when MTV had music. I am not exactly sure what they have on now, but it ain't music.

PHUCK MTV

the bad part is, they actually tried to give us a channel with music, they called it MTV2, but now the crap is seeping into MTV 2 as well,and it is just as sheety!

DjfunkmasterG
10-May-2006, 01:44 PM

I don't enjoy MTV... I prefer MTV2 which has music videos :D The original MTV was awesome, but the reality shows have killed it off. It is just a shell of it's former self.

Danny
10-May-2006, 03:28 PM
when it lost jackass mtv was going down hill no longer does it have jay and silent bob ads ,knoxville getting kicked in the bollox or beavis and buthead giggling like retards, we have ...*sigh*... meet the barkers, newlyweds, even though there divorced,and totally scott lee which seemed to be making fun of itself cus it was so bad.

mtv sucks balls thats why i watch kerrang, at least i used to when they showed cky and him not friggin 50 cent and teleshopping.....:mad:

MinionZombie
10-May-2006, 10:07 PM
lol, the MTV movie awards are a joke. I only watch them to see celebrity bewbs, ha!

Best Film - Nominees
Batman Begins - great flick
Sin City - friggin' awesome flick
King Kong - actually really good
40 Y.O. Virgin - REALLY fudging funny, saw it again this afternoon
Wedding Crashers - also really damn funny

Sh*t, I love all those flicks.

Best Performance
Joaquin Phoenix - Walk The Line - ain't seen it yet
Jake Gyllenhaal - Brokeback Mountain - ain't seen it, but Jarhead ruled
Rachel McAdams - Red Eye - meh
Steve Carrell - 40 Y.O. Virgin - HILARIOUS
Reese Withserspoon - Walk The Line - ain't seen it
Terrence Howard - Hustle & Flow - *sigh*

Best Comedic Performance
Owen Wilson - Wedding Crashers - funny
Vince Vaughn - Wedding Crashers - funny
Adam Sandler - The Longest Yard - don't like Adam Sandler
Steve Carrell - 40 Y.O. Virgin - HILARIOUS, genius comic actor
Tyler Perry - Madea's Reunion - huh?

Best On Screen Team
Cast of 40 Y.O. Virgin - f*ck yeh!
Cast of Dukes of Hazzard - lame flick
Cast of Fantastic Four - only Alba's bewbs n bod matter
Cast of Harry Potter - "Harry Twotter", hahahahaaaa
Cast of Wedding Crashers - cool

Best Villian
Cillian Murphy - Batman Begins - not as convincing as I'd expected
Hayden Christensen - SW: 3 - whiny teenager
Ralph Finnes - Harry Potter 4 - again, "Harry Twotter", keeps the kids off meth at least...
Tilda Swinton - Narnia - didn't see it
Tobin Bell - Saw 2 - alright flick, #1 rocked copious amounts

Best Hero
Christian Bale - Batman Begins - best Batman since Keaton
Jessica Alba - Fantastic 4 - bewbs n bod - nuff said
Daniel Radcliffe - Potter 4 - "Harry Twotter"
Kate Beckinsale - Underworld 2 - f*ckin fit as, I would
Ewan McGregor - SW 3: Steaming Pile of Sith - woo, a fellow Scot!

Best Fight
Stephen Chow vs Axe Gang - Kung Fu Hustle - didn't see it
King Kong Vs Planes - King Kong - cool sequence
Angelina Vs. Brad - Mr. & Mrs. Smith - really entertaining flick, Ang can fudge my cracker any day
Ewan Vs. Hayden - SW:3 Sith Pile. - ehhhh....

That's my horny take on MTV's line up anyway :D :P

-------------------

The state of the music channels is a sad thing.

What's with all these reality shows following burned out ex-celebs from TV shows which were found floating face down in the river decades ago? Newlyweds is a complete joke - Newly Divorced more like. Meet the Barkers? Meet the Twats I say.

"My Super Sweet 16"? - bunch of spoiled c*nt American teens who don't appreciate anything they have unless they're bought a brand new mercedes. I've been driving for five friggin' years and I don't even own a car and won't own one for friggin' ages yet - these punks get every ****ing thing they want and cry when their parents impose one tiny little restriction like "no drugs". That show makes me sick, it celebrates spoiled teenagers. Blow them all up already.

Pimp My Ride UK - the original isn't the greatest, but at least it has a bit more flair, and everyone who is pimped seems deserving - they care for sick relatives, or pay their own way through college, or are just really good friends. The UK version? "Chav My Ride" more like - for people who don't deserve it and do nothing but mooch off the welfare state instead of getting a job, it's not even like they're trying to attain their life goal/dream or anything!

That movie show they have on there, with popcorn in the log, I duno what it's called - that trendily-skinny, shaggy-haired goon that presents it is a twat, his list of best action movies didn't include a single legend-title from the 1980s, it was everything The Rock had been in instead. His reviews are pathetic and he panders to the snot-for-brains typical viewers, he can suck a f*ck for all I care.

Wildboyz - awful show, two twats laugh at animals around the world - oh gee, wow.

Jackass - it was good back in the day, but they're STILL repeating it and it's grown old.

Viva La Bam - finally, a show I like. Staged yes. Fun - hell yes. I've got all the box sets and it's loads-o-fun.

Drawn Together - I don't see the point.

South Park - fantastic, but everybody's seen it on Paramount or downloaded it already.

Kerrang? I used to buy the magazine until I got fed up with their constant trend-chasing writing, one minute they love The Darkness when their album comes out, a few months later The Darkness are apparently the gayest thing since anal sex between men. Then they have a new album and they're the hottest thing since lava merged with venerial disease. The channel - equally retarded, I used to watch it, but I'm fed up with those stupid clips with yellow squiggles over it. I'm sick of their "K Loaded" list - it's nothing new, its tracks that were available a couple of weeks before. They play rap music - nuff said.

*gasp*

Now that's a post and a half ... as well as a rant and a half. Peace out.

MikePizzoff
10-May-2006, 10:54 PM
:dead: This thread makes me wanna puke! :barf:

idsaluteyoubub
11-May-2006, 12:14 AM
I'd go with...

Best Film - Nominees
Batman Begins
Sin City* But Batman Begins is very close.
King Kong
40 Y.O. Virgin
Wedding Crashers

Best Performance
Joaquin Phoenix - Walk The Line* I agree
Rachel McAdams - Red Eye

Best Comedic Performance
Vince Vaughn - Wedding Crashers
Steve Carrell - 40 Y.O. Virgin* I didnt even think that Wedding Crashers was even that funny. Vaughn is a broken record.

Best On Screen Team
Cast of 40 Y.O. Virgin* Definately. Ive rarely seen a group of people that feed off of each other...the only ones that would compare is the Christopher Guest group.
Cast of Dukes of Hazzard
Cast of Fantastic Four
Cast of Harry Potter
Cast of Wedding Crashers

Best Villian
Cillian Murphy - Batman Begins* Definately. One of my favorite villains of all time. I thought Swinton did a great job in Narnia though. Very evil looking.
Tilda Swinton - Narnia (She did better in Constantine)
Tobin Bell - Saw 2

Best Hero
Christian Bale - Batman Begins* Best Batman ever.

Best Fight
Stephen Chow vs Axe Gang - Kung Fu Hustle
Ewan Vs. Hayden - SW:3 Sith Pile.
None* Didnt see King Kong. Really want to see Kung Fu Hustle, and I am really surprised that is nominated for an MTV award. The rest of the movies sucked ass.

DeadJonas190
11-May-2006, 07:27 AM
The MTV movie awards are a joke. They add a couple of good movies into their categories to try and justify having an awards show, but it is still nothing but a pop culture advertisement. The fact that they nominated The Dukes of Hazzard for anything other than "Worst movie of the year" completely discredits the show.

That said, here are my picks:

Best Film - Nominees
Batman Begins
Sin City
King Kong
40 Y.O. Virgin - I enjoyed all of these films, but The 40 Year Old Virgin is the one I like the most out of these, with Batman and Sin City running in a close tie for second.
Wedding Crashers

Best Performance
Joaquin Phoenix - Walk The Line - Simply the best performance out of this group. Reese Witherspoon was damn good to, but Joaquin was excellent. One of the best of the year.
Rachel McAdams - Red Eye

Best Comedic Performance
Vince Vaughn - Wedding Crashers
Steve Carrell - 40 Y.O. Virgin - Wedding Crashers simply wasn't that funny compared to Steve Carrell in 40 YOV. The other two werent very good at all.

Best On Screen Team
Cast of 40 Y.O. Virgin - Again, the best team out of this sad group. Dukes of Hazzard and Fantastic Four?! What?! Are they on crack?
Cast of Dukes of Hazzard
Cast of Fantastic Four
Cast of Harry Potter
Cast of Wedding Crashers

Best Villian
Cillian Murphy - Batman Begins - Very creepy, but not enough screen time.
Tilda Swinton - Narnia
Tobin Bell - Saw 2

Best Hero
Christian Bale - Batman Begins - Jessica Alba was a weak invisable woman. Christian Bale was the best Batman ever.

Best Fight
Stephen Chow vs Axe Gang - Kung Fu Hustle - Amazing fight scene. Definatly the best out of this entire group.
Ewan Vs. Hayden - SW:3

As for the other two categories, who do I pick?

Nobody, they are lame ass categories.

MinionZombie
11-May-2006, 10:02 AM
40 Year Old Virgin does have a great cast doesn't it? I watched it again yesterday, I remember thinking it would just be another stupid, unfunny gross-out comedy from the trailer last summer, but then I sat down and watched it and was really impressed. It's got heart and is genuinely funny - many kudos for that go to the team who do indeed feed off each other so well. Just like in Anchorman, another flick I thought was going to be naff but really impressed through good writing, performance and improv.

"You know how I know you're gay?"

DjfunkmasterG
11-May-2006, 05:29 PM
40 Y.O. Virgin has one of the best ensebles I have seen. Everyone just clicked off one another so perfectly. I think that is what made it such a success.

bassman
11-May-2006, 05:34 PM
40 Year Old Virgin does have a great cast doesn't it? I watched it again yesterday, I remember thinking it would just be another stupid, unfunny gross-out comedy from the trailer last summer, but then I sat down and watched it and was really impressed. It's got heart and is genuinely funny - many kudos for that go to the team who do indeed feed off each other so well. Just like in Anchorman, another flick I thought was going to be naff but really impressed through good writing, performance and improv.

"You know how I know you're gay?"

That's what really impressed me with the flick(aside from it being hilarious).....It's got heart and you really start to care for Andy.

Also, I don't think I've ever seen another comedy film with a better ending.:lol:

mista_mo
11-May-2006, 05:53 PM
I hate MTV as well...I want to see music videos, not some reality star douche. I abhor that channel so much, as it implies and typifies teenagers as all lame brained, assminded people with no individuality....oh wait...

The movie awards are a joke on that channel....honestly, they should just drop a napalm bomb or a few on the building it's in and kill em all..i'm so f'ing sick of these awards shows...i'm sick of whiney celebrity douches who bitch and complain when they don't get a brand spanking new car or, or....caviar, or a butler. stupid testiclerapers They should be thankful for what they have, as alot of people out there don't have half, or even a fifth of what they do. it sickens me that the media and alot of people raise these assheads to God like status in the world.

done..sorry bout that, needed to rant about something...

MinionZombie
11-May-2006, 09:18 PM
I might have to go and watch it yet again because the ensemble cast are indeed that friggin' good, I love that kind of "banter" humour, it's my own personal style of humour so I guess it's a good link in personally.

The "sand niggaz" pair were hilarious, there's so many great lines in that flick with excellent delivery. One that springs to mind, goes something like this:

'I know guys that f*ck guys ... in jail' - the delivery is impeccable. Cracks me up everytime. Steve Carrell is a gifted comic actor too, I might have to get the DVD even though I've got it downloaded - it's that good.

idsaluteyoubub
11-May-2006, 09:23 PM
KELLY CLARKSON!!

P*ssy juice cocktail!

Carrell was classic in that film:lol: