PDA

View Full Version : Happy new year :)

Chic Freak
31-Dec-2008, 08:37 PM
Especially warm wishes to anyone else who's being a loser and staying in tonight too ;)

Any resolutions anyone?

ProfessorChaos
31-Dec-2008, 08:56 PM
don't feel too bad, chic. i'm not doing anything either. i've fallen out of the bar scene, as i usually don't have much patience for crowds, drunks, or loud places.

so, i'll probably pick up a bottle of something and stay home...might not even stay up for the duration.

busy month coming up...there are five birthdays, a baby coming, and a wedding all in the next 20 days in my family.

Chic Freak
31-Dec-2008, 09:16 PM
Fair play Prof, sounds like you have enough celebrations coming up as it is.

My official excuse is lack of funds but I really don't think I could be bothered with packed pubs tonight either. What I'd *really* like is a good house party with plenty of supplies available but I still don't really know anyone in my new 'hood.

Oh well! I'm planning on going to bed at 11 so i can get up and go jogging tomorrow morning.

I never thought I'd see the day!

kortick
01-Jan-2009, 12:06 AM
This is what u do.
u get down with your bad self.
http://i42.tinypic.com/v8ohaa.jpg

Yojimbo
01-Jan-2009, 12:36 AM
Thanks to Chick for making me feel a little better about being a total square and deciding to stay home tonight with my wife.

Like the good professor, I too will be picking up a nice bottle on the way home tonight, and I will drink a toast to Chick, Professor, Kortick-San and the rest at the close of 2008.

Resolutions? Same as most have, I am afraid. Will attempt to try not to eat too much cholesterol, get some more exercise, read more books, watch less TV, smoke a little less, spread more good amongst my fellow mankind, try to be a better person altogether. And like most, most of these resolutions are likely to be on my list next year as well.

Happy New Year folks! And do get down and funky with your bad self!

clanglee
01-Jan-2009, 12:38 AM
Don't feel bad guys. . I am working!! Luckily I was able to get off 30 minutes early so instead of getiing off at midnight i will be off at 11:30. Unfortunately I have to drive almost an hour, so I will be alone on the road at the new year.:(

capncnut
01-Jan-2009, 12:40 AM
Happy New Years, Amy and send my regards to Liam.

Just got home from a naughty sesh with a bunch of random punksters. My resolution is to poke as many people in the eye as possible. Not forgetting to make Haribo rich!

zombie04
01-Jan-2009, 12:49 AM
my only resolution is to get over the sickness that currently has me in a frequently dazed state of mind. Hopefully it will be gone in the next few days...

I just finished all my applications for graduate school so really my life for the next year hinges on whatever I hear back from the schools.

MoonSylver
01-Jan-2009, 04:02 AM
1st post of the new year! Happy new year y'all!

Danny
01-Jan-2009, 08:23 AM
This is what u do.
u get down with your bad self.

you masturbate?:rockbrow::lol:

MinionZombie
01-Jan-2009, 09:48 AM
Happy New Year chaps and chappettes!

Never fear Chic, I decided to be a lazy sod and stayed in where it was nice and warm with the family.

Dug out a random bottle of Archers from the booze cabinet, although I don't know if it should have smelled the way it did, perhaps it was a bit 'off' ... anyway, the British fireworks were good as always on the telly, take that Australia. :D:p

Resolutions? I never really bother with those, I usually resolve to do stuff whenever it suits me, or when I can be arsed. :)

DjfunkmasterG
01-Jan-2009, 04:34 PM
Happy new Year to everyone.

I was the loser Chic was referring to. I hate crowds, I hate bars, loud drunk people annoy me, so I stayed home, smoked a doobie, watched Burn After Reading, went to bed at 11:00.

3pidemiC
01-Jan-2009, 05:56 PM
Happy News Years! Woop! Woop!

I feel like ****...

Tricky
01-Jan-2009, 06:08 PM
Happy new year!

I was spannered last night,went to a house party in manchester & they had a clock which said when it was new year in each country around the world,so at new year for each one we had to have a shot (or can/bottle) of something from whichever country it was,so there was jagermeister for germany,fosters for australia,ouzo for spain,absinthe for france etc,by the time it got to tequila for mexico at 6am i was hammered,good skills!:D

blind2d
01-Jan-2009, 07:17 PM
I was asleep... happy new year!

MinionZombie
01-Jan-2009, 07:23 PM
Happy new year!

I was spannered last night,went to a house party in manchester & they had a clock which said when it was new year in each country around the world,so at new year for each one we had to have a shot (or can/bottle) of something from whichever country it was,so there was jagermeister for germany,fosters for australia,ouzo for spain,absinthe for france etc,by the time it got to tequila for mexico at 6am i was hammered,good skills!:D
Jesus Christ! Nice one, lad.

I'd have fallen quite soon methinks if I was doing that, although nice one on the house party. I wish my chums would have one, but nobody ever does.

Can't be doing with crowded pubs/bars, and I absolutely avoid all clubs or club-like establisments, I'm not fond of large crowds either, and I can't be doing with moving from one place to another, I'm quite happy to pick one decent place and sit my ass down for five hours, oh yes.

At the very least you should stay up till after midnight, if you're having the night in - like I did - that's the point in the day, hehe.

Ooh, just had a rather nice roast beef new years day dinner, lovely stuff ... quite full now, but have gotten over the tired, falling to sleep stage. :)

Exatreides
02-Jan-2009, 12:32 AM
Went to a friends house party

Case of bud light, half gallon of captain, half gallon of vanilla vodka, 5th of jager

Which is a decent amount of alcohol for the 6 of us.

Played some guitar hero, or attempted to at least. Bashing the drums and that sort.

put my elbow through a door, got a rather large knot on my head.

And woke up in a bathtub

We did apparently sing spice girls however
http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&VideoID=49517500
No hang over! woo

Chic Freak
02-Jan-2009, 01:51 PM
http://i42.tinypic.com/v8ohaa.jpg

I would totally have hung out with that dude if he was available :stunned:

Happy New Years, Amy and send my regards to Liam.

Just got home from a naughty sesh with a bunch of random punksters. My resolution is to poke as many people in the eye as possible. Not forgetting to make Haribo rich!

Great resolution. What manner of naughty sesh are we talking here? I am a S.Q.U.A.R.E so I don't understand. Will pass your regards on to the old man.

I'd have fallen quite soon methinks if I was doing that

Lol, me too, my almost supernaturally high alcohol tolerance (well, high for a 100 lb female anyway) has totally gone since I left uni, despite the fact that I've gained loadsa weight since then. Two glasses of wine and I'm pissed these days :lol:

We did apparently sing spice girls however
http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&VideoID=49517500

Please tell me which one is you?? :lol:

capncnut
02-Jan-2009, 01:55 PM
Great resolution. What manner of naughty sesh are we talking here? I am a S.Q.U.A.R.E so I don't understand. Will pass your regards on to the old man.
I was so pished that I don't even remember posting that. I went to a pub with a friend of mine but he had to cut out early. I got chatting to a punk fellow called Jason and ended up at a house party. At midnight the chap in charge of the CD played 'Friggin In The Riggin' - made my night as it goes. :D

Exatreides
02-Jan-2009, 02:21 PM
Please tell me which one is you?? :lol:

The one behind the camera ha.

Heres one where I'm visible for a short period of time.

Were being triskets
http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&VideoID=49527249

Yojimbo
02-Jan-2009, 04:59 PM
At the very least you should stay up till after midnight, if you're having the night in - like I did - that's the point in the day, hehe.

You say so at 24, but wait until you hit 40, brother! Old fart or not, I find myself falling asleep earlier each sucessive new years eve!

DawnGirl27
03-Jan-2009, 10:51 PM
Belated Happy New Year, everyone! I was another of the stay-at-home people (with hubby). Watched the ball drop on TV, and had the traditional snacks I grew up with (smoked oysters, port wine cheese, green and black olives, and crackers). We were in bed by 12:10, and quite proud we made it that far. :p