PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Zombie

archivesofthede
04-Jan-2009, 03:45 PM
Not sure if you guys ever posted something like this. I'm new here and I didn't see anything so here I go..

Who is your favorite zombie?

I'd have to say mine is Bub from Day of the Dead.

Bub666
04-Jan-2009, 04:13 PM
Yeah,Bub is my favorite zombie too.

capncnut
04-Jan-2009, 04:15 PM
Clicky (http://forum.homepageofthedead.com/showthread.php?t=11958&referrerid=716).

As your thread isn't a poll and more open, I wont merge them. But I think you'll find many similar ones if you use the search function. :)

At the end of the day, my personal fave is a silly one. It's the zombie that trips over the bench during the final shot of the credit sequence in Dawn Of The Dead. I know it's not a memorable zombie really but it's given me tons of laughs over the years.

If I'm going to be commercial then yeah, it's probably Bub.

Philly_SWAT
04-Jan-2009, 04:35 PM
Welcome to Homepage of the Dead! Always nice to have new members. There are too many zombies to really pick a favorite. I have always liked the afro zombie from Dawn, and the way he loses his footing for a second as he walks up the hill outside.

As far as a "main" zombie goes, how could it not be Bub?

Doc
04-Jan-2009, 06:03 PM
So many, to pick from I'm just gonna list one from each film.

Night: Karen
Dawn: The Nurse
Day: Bub, of course(The total king of zombies)
Land: Number 9
Diary: Another reason I don't like Diary...no memroable zombies!......Wait theres that......... urm. That guy... err... you know. HA! The clown zombie with the nose!

EvilNed
04-Jan-2009, 06:06 PM
I really like the Father's Day zombie from Creepshow. So I vote for him.

capncnut
04-Jan-2009, 06:29 PM
I really like the Father's Day zombie from Creepshow. So I vote for him.
Nathan Grantham rocks! :cool:

ProfessorChaos
04-Jan-2009, 06:40 PM
"I want my cake!!!"

the original cemetery ghoul from night is my fave, btw.

Staredge
04-Jan-2009, 07:06 PM
Ed from Shaun of the Dead. :D

sandrock74
04-Jan-2009, 07:45 PM
The zombie from Day who falls off the elevator/platform as it's coming down into the underground complex. That zombie cracks me up EVERY time I watch the movie! I got to go with him.
I usually refer to him as "fall down zombie".

archivesofthede
04-Jan-2009, 08:57 PM
Land: Number 9

Which one was that?

Philly_SWAT
04-Jan-2009, 09:47 PM
Which one was that?

The chick zombie wearing the shirt with the big number 9 on it.

http://www.filmdope.com/Gallery/ActorsB/41211-26600.gif

blind2d
05-Jan-2009, 02:30 AM
Night: karen
Dawn: hare krishna
Day: alligator (live? dead?)
Land: blade
Diary: acid-head... or the mummy guy... he was good...
Shaun: Ed (really, who else, right?)

Bunker65
05-Jan-2009, 02:50 PM
This question has a very easy answer for me & that's Bub :cool:.

bassman
05-Jan-2009, 03:10 PM
This question has a very easy answer for me & that's Bub :cool:.

Same here.

The more I think about it, I would probably vote the liquor store cop in Land as the second. His walk was incredibly creepy...

Thorn
05-Jan-2009, 03:15 PM
I really dislike all the zombies.

I just can not identify with any of them, and I mean they like eat people... and stuff.

Seriously though I would have to say Blades is my favorite just because it is Tom.

Stephen also made for an amazing Zombie, he really did an excellent job with his movements and motions and found a way to stand out in the crowd.

Other than that I always thought the best performance as a zombie had to go to Bub, great acting. His make up was well done, and his movements were spot on.

The cop zombie in Land did an excellent job as well. His appearance was brief and his movements might have been a touch over exaggerated but I thought he brought something to the roll, he didn't just stagger about arms out. He had a hurky jerky motion to him.

darth los
05-Jan-2009, 03:36 PM
Night: karen
Dawn: hare krishna
Day: alligator (live? dead?)
Land: blade
Diary: acid-head... or the mummy guy... he was good...
Shaun: Ed (really, who else, right?)

It's funny that you mention the alligator. I have often wondered if it was alive or dead. I lean more towards dead. We've already seen that the Romero ghouls eat animals other than humans. They didn't seem too interested in him at all. Also, animals can sense danger. If it was indeed alive and in any danger don't you think that he would have steered clear of about 100,000 ghouls in a town that looks like there hasn't been a fresh meal around for some time?

:cool:

blind2d
05-Jan-2009, 04:47 PM
Ah, yeh, makes sense... cool then.

Trencher
05-Jan-2009, 06:03 PM
Stephen also made for an amazing Zombie, he really did an excellent job with his movements and motions and found a way to stand out in the crowd.

I would pick him as well.

Bub666
05-Jan-2009, 11:11 PM

Yeah I would have to say Stephen is my second favorite zombie.

otisbenny
05-Jan-2009, 11:40 PM
Fly-boy!!!!

bigmonkey2582
06-Jan-2009, 03:22 AM
Mine is a tie between Bub and Johnny as a zombie from Night.

archivesofthede
09-Jan-2009, 03:22 AM
The chick zombie wearing the shirt with the big number 9 on it.

http://www.filmdope.com/Gallery/ActorsB/41211-26600.gif

ahh! Yeah, she was cool.

Fly-boy!!!!

Bah! hehe just kidding. I didn't like Stephen as a human so I'm bias.

Mike70
09-Jan-2009, 03:30 AM
It's funny that you mention the alligator. I have often wondered if it was alive or dead. I lean more towards dead. We've already seen that the Romero ghouls eat animals other than humans. They didn't seem too interested in him at all. Also, animals can sense danger. If it was indeed alive and in any danger don't you think that he would have steered clear of about 100,000 ghouls in a town that looks like there hasn't been a fresh meal around for some time?

:cool:

yes but alligators are cold blooded and i seem to recall from one of the films that zombies are interested only in warm blooded animals.

blind2d
09-Jan-2009, 10:51 AM
Then they wouldn't eat bugs! Right? I'm sure I saw them eatin' bugs in Night, so... are bugs blooded at all? Whatev

Thorn
09-Jan-2009, 01:49 PM
I didn't like David...erm Stephen at all while he was a live, his character I think was made to be one you did not like. That said as a zombie I really liked his performance.

DjfunkmasterG
09-Jan-2009, 04:57 PM
#9 from Land
Bub from Day
Stephen from Dawn
Johnny from Night (68)
Mummy Guy from Diary
Dispatch Radio Zombie who called for Paramedics in Return 1.

LoneCrusader
30-Jan-2009, 01:19 PM
darth maul

oh, and the tom savini zombie in land of the dead.

bassman
30-Jan-2009, 02:32 PM
darth maul

:rockbrow:

Que?

Uncle Rege
31-Jan-2009, 11:16 PM
Mr.McGruder from the legion hall.