PDA

View Full Version : Wii Sports is the Highest Sold Video Game Ever

slickwilly13
08-Jan-2009, 12:18 AM
Surprised? *L*

http://videogames.yahoo.com/feature/wii-sports-is-best-selling-game-ever/1276855

Dtothe3
08-Jan-2009, 01:33 AM
After "Charlie Bit Me" was the highest viewed online video of 2008, not a hope.

blind2d
08-Jan-2009, 02:16 AM
No, not really... is video game history really historic?

3pidemiC
08-Jan-2009, 03:37 AM
It beat out Super Mario Bros. 3 (i.e. One of the greatest games of all time).

Sad day.

Ah well.

CoinReturn
08-Jan-2009, 05:32 AM
Bah, it doesn't count, it comes packaged with every Wii.

Rottedfreak
08-Jan-2009, 06:43 AM
Super Mario Bros came packaged with every NES til some point too.

It doesn't mean a thing other then the big N aren't adding repairs and replacements to soar up the numbers of Wii units sold and certainly doesn't speak of the games quality, it's in essence a tech demo showcasing what the remote and nunchuk are capable of doing.

capncnut
08-Jan-2009, 01:06 PM
I was just gonna say this. How can it be the highest sold? The game is free...

MinionZombie
08-Jan-2009, 04:20 PM
I was just gonna say this. How can it be the highest sold? The game is free...
:lol:

Pwned. :D

Also, any old chump has a Wii, including people who are not gamers...let's be honest. They look at the Wii like an iPod and they say "gimme gimme gimme" so that can wobble around, pretending to do exercise.

You know what you want instead? A 360 and a copy of COD4 ... let's shoot some terrorists off a building! :lol:

bassman
08-Jan-2009, 04:42 PM
That's what I was thinking....it comes with the system....

That's like saying Mario Bros and Duck Hunt were the highest selling games for the NES.:rolleyes:

capncnut
08-Jan-2009, 04:50 PM
The game technically has no worth. It's not on sale new at any price. If you bought a Wii and it came without Wiisports, Nintendo would be obliged to send one for free without argument. Not only that but if you try trading it in at Gamestation (or some other such store) they wont give you anything for it. :rockbrow:

slickwilly13
08-Jan-2009, 05:48 PM
Wii Sports is actually pretty fun with a group of dope smoking friends. When I would bring over my system it was one of the most demanded games. They are releasing another very soon over in Japan.

capncnut
08-Jan-2009, 05:58 PM
Wii Sports is actually pretty fun with a group of dope smoking friends. When I would bring over my system it was one of the most demanded games. They are releasing another very soon over in Japan.
Oh, no doubts. Wiisports is quite fun (and exhausting after an hour or two) and I had much fun with it before trading my Wii in. Wiisport: Resort looks good too, especially the jetskiing.

Cody
08-Jan-2009, 11:17 PM
After "Charlie Bit Me" was the highest viewed online video of 2008, not a hope.

Horrible.

DeadJonas190
09-Jan-2009, 03:42 AM

It is not packaged with the Wii in Asia, where it is still one of their top selling games every month.

Plus Super Mario Bros. was packaged with every Nintendo sold for a number of years (around 5 I think) and that is what it beat out.

The game technically has no worth. It's not on sale new at any price. If you bought a Wii and it came without Wiisports, Nintendo would be obliged to send one for free without argument. Not only that but if you try trading it in at Gamestation (or some other such store) they wont give you anything for it. :rockbrow:

Nope, it's still one of the top selling games in Asia where it is not packaged with the Wii.

capncnut
09-Jan-2009, 11:49 AM
Okay, so it's the highest sold videogame in Asia then.