PDA

View Full Version : LOL...Youtube questions

Philly_SWAT
09-Jan-2009, 12:33 AM
Well, after going to the trouble of making a really cool video and uploading it, I get a notice that there is a "audio copyright" thing, and the video is posted with no audio. They want me to use their "swap audio" feature to put in new music. Ummmm......everything in the video was timed to match perfectly with my selected audio...the video will be no where near as good without the audio intended.

So, two questions....

1) Does anyone know of a way to check if a song will work BEFORE spending time on the video?
2) Does anyone know of a site other than youtube to where this wouldnt happen?

EDIT: Nevermind, I think I figure it out ! ;)

Mike70
09-Jan-2009, 01:48 AM
that's damn weird esp. with the all the music uploaded to youtube. i just uploaded a vid yesterday with music set to a still pic and have had no problems.

what audio format was the music in? that might be your problem if it was in an uncompressed format like flac or shorten. other than that, this sounds pretty damn perplexing.

Philly_SWAT
09-Jan-2009, 02:01 AM
that's damn weird esp. with the all the music uploaded to youtube. i just uploaded a vid yesterday with music set to a still pic and have had no problems.

what audio format was the music in? that might be your problem if it was in an uncompressed format like flac or shorten. other than that, this sounds pretty damn perplexing.

Actually, after researching this online, I have discovered that it is common for certain things to be automatically recognized as copyrighted. I think I have found a solution. I will wait a while before reposting, and see if it works.

EDIT: Apparently more research is needed.

DjfunkmasterG
15-Jan-2009, 03:19 PM
You Tube is clamping down something fierce. Videos uploaded in other countries, cannot be streamed on US puters for some reason, especially if it is copyrighted material.

I see the death of You Tube coming soon.

darth los
15-Jan-2009, 03:25 PM
You Tube is clamping down something fierce. Videos uploaded in other countries, cannot be streamed on US puters for some reason, especially if it is copyrighted material.

I see the death of You Tube coming soon.

I see a disturbing pattern that would make us no better than the chinese i terms of censoring content.

What's next? Stopping images from wars from being viewed as well? I'm sure they could find a legitimate gov't purpose that would justify doing so. They always do. :rolleyes:

:cool:

Danny
15-Jan-2009, 03:33 PM
to be blunt youtube sucks, id stick with a better site like vimeo or something.