PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever...

Thorn
09-Jan-2009, 01:59 PM
Have you ever had that moment of trepidation as an elevator opens where just for a second you have a thought that something might jump out at you?

I do more and more lately it seems.

Not sure if it is the new building I am in, and how old it and the elevators are, or if it is because I am watching the dead quadrilogy over and over again of late.

There is over that split second of... what if!?!

bassman
09-Jan-2009, 02:15 PM
:lol:

I would be lying if I said I never thought about it.

I think the mall always gets me worse, though. I literally CAN NOT enter a mall without whistling The Gonk, doing a bit of a zombie walk, or playing the escalator zombie. That last one gets alot of confused looks. My wife hates it.:lol:

slickwilly13
09-Jan-2009, 02:28 PM
Yeah, lately. My grandfather is in the hospital with a broken leg. RE 3 game had zombies attacking as your elevator door opens in the hospital. I am having flashbacks.

AcesandEights
09-Jan-2009, 02:35 PM
Of course, it crosses my mind from time to time. I do get more worried that someone with a firearm will cap my ass, more than a flood of undead.

blind2d
09-Jan-2009, 07:44 PM
Stairs are better exercise. Unless you can't avoid it, never use an elevator. That's what life (mostly Dawn) has taught me, and so far so good. I ALWAYS walk like a zombi for at least a bit every time I go in a mall. It's tradition.

Bub666
09-Jan-2009, 07:55 PM
It always crosses my mind when I am at the mall.:D

Thorn
09-Jan-2009, 08:37 PM
Oddly enough it happens when I am waiting to get on, not off the elevator. I stand there and as the door starts to open I have been getting just a flash of trepidation.

Odd right?

Trin
09-Jan-2009, 09:01 PM
We have a mall near me that is 3/4 empty due to a new shopping plaza moving in a few miles away. The place has a few big stores and tons of just empty space. Two whole wings are completely empty save a couple stores. It is the coolest place to walk around because there are literally no people.

It also has one section closed off. They used 2x4's with drywall to make a temporary wall. The construction is exactly what they did in Dawn. That led me to wonder if the reason they made such a flimsy barricade in Dawn was because that's what the mall people had to work with.

I think about trying to claw through it everytime I'm there. Just to see how hard it would be.

My wife gets absolutely nuts when I check out all the service hallways and entrances for defenisbility. I wander around looking at everything and she's like, "What are you looking at? Oh... Stop."

DjfunkmasterG
10-Jan-2009, 12:58 AM
Have you ever?

No, never.

:D

J/K, Everytime I take the elevator from the 1st to the fifth floor at work and that door opens I think about.

MoonSylver
10-Jan-2009, 03:15 AM
It also has one section closed off. They used 2x4's with drywall to make a temporary wall. The construction is exactly what they did in Dawn. That led me to wonder if the reason they made such a flimsy barricade in Dawn was because that's what the mall people had to work with.

This might be the best explanation I've ever seen for the barricade being built the way it was.

My "zombie moment" is more along the lines of being able to imagine what if they got up & stated walking RIGHT NOW. I can picture them right outside. Surrounding the house. They're coming up the walk...they're right outside the door...

I can creep myself out just a tad with that one.;)

deadkrank
11-Jan-2009, 11:10 AM
No no fear of elevators. Yeah I did get stuck in one once at The Logan Airport in Boston thoe. My parents and I went to pick up my brother at the airport once when I was a kid. And the elevator broke down while we was in it. We was stuck in the elevator for over 10 minutes. That was not fun.

RustyHicks
17-Jan-2009, 12:51 AM
Yep, everytime the doors open, sometimes I'll even stand in an elevator and look
up to see if there is an escape hatch
I even tend to think of which stores to take refuge in when I'm walking
through the mall. The earmarkings of a Dawn fan :)

archivesofthede
19-Jan-2009, 02:36 AM
my wife gets absolutely nuts when i check out all the service hallways and entrances for defenisbility. I wander around looking at everything and she's like, "what are you looking at? Oh... Stop."

rofl!

Danny
19-Jan-2009, 03:37 AM
i don think ive been in an elevator for at least a year, i just think if you dont exercise enough your bad enough without being arsed to walk up stairs, plus its a steel cage suspended by steel wire. no.thanks.

LoneCrusader
30-Jan-2009, 07:16 PM
i never thought of it. but now i will every time, thanks.

Thorn
30-Jan-2009, 07:32 PM
i never thought of it. but now i will every time, thanks.

My work here is done! :sneaky: