PDA

View Full Version : Max Payne - and a rant about videogame-to-movie adaptations...

MinionZombie
12-Jan-2009, 10:29 AM
Unsurprisingly, Max Payne was rubbish - but why exactly?

http://deadshed.blogspot.com/2009/01/rant-about-max-payne-and-videogame-to.html

Discuss. :D

AcesandEights
12-Jan-2009, 02:43 PM
I was wondering what was up with the this movie. I never played the games and the people I know who have couldn't seem to wrap their heads around why there would be such a huge diversion from the generalities of the original plot.

Danny
12-Jan-2009, 03:56 PM
because the game was the closest any videogame has ever come to being a truly noir genred experience.
but did we get that?, no.
did we get the same story?, no.
did we get the same bloody theme?, did we fuck.

this was a raping of my favorite series of the early 2000's, walbergs stupid face when hes high and the camera follows his trigger arm around focusing on him had the audience in tears with laughter at the ridiculousness of the scene.
all in all it felt like a piss take of any film with bullet time ever.

which is ironic.

MinionZombie
12-Jan-2009, 05:27 PM
haha, yep ... it was pure cinematic rape alright.

I wonder what on earth Sam Lake and co did once they'd had a special screening of it ... oh dear. :eek:

I'd have just stormed out and told them to fuck themselves. :D

bassman
27-Feb-2009, 03:41 PM
Finally got around to see this. Seems like not being a fan of the games helped me enjoy it more than you guys.

It wasn't great or anything, but it was enjoyable. It looks like every complaint you guys have made is based on the fact that you're fans of the games, and I can understand that, but as a stand alone film it was a no-brainer good time. The worst thing being Marky Mark's acting. He's about as stale and one-note as Michael Cera. The story was a bit dull as well, but as a mindless actioner it was entertaining for one viewing.

One of the best things going for it was that it looked beautiful. 1080p makes everything look awesome and this was no exception.:D

Oh yeah....and Olga Kurylenko. Gawt-damn!:eek:

J0hnnyReb
27-Feb-2009, 03:42 PM
The movie was plotless, lifeless, and dull.