PDA

View Full Version : Clint Eastwood's Greatest Movie: Round One, Set One

SRP76
15-Jan-2009, 09:25 AM
All the feedback for Gran Torino gave me the idea to do this. We're going to give the Clint fans on here a chance to pick his best flick (according to this site).

I selected the 45 films he starred in (not movies where he had a bit part; those aren't considered "his"). I split them into 9 5-movie sets. We vote for our favorite each set.

The top two vote-getters in each set advance to the next round.

The movies placed in each set were elected at random.

So, here we go:

Set One:
Hang 'Em High
Kelly's Heroes
High Plains Drifter
Unforgiven
Space Cowboys

...I'll try to set the poll up so each of us can vote twice, for our two favorites that we want to advance.

EDIT- Damn, can't limit it to two. But, you can choose multiple times, and the poll is public. So, please try to only vote twice.

DjfunkmasterG
15-Jan-2009, 11:10 AM
Out of that list, Unforgiven is easily the best film. I actually watched that last night and it was a lot of fun as it always has been over the years.

SRP76
15-Jan-2009, 11:56 AM
Blargh. I set it up to be multiple choices, but I can't figure out how to cast a second vote.:confused:

I picked High Plains Drifter. I love the payback he puts on every fool in Lago.

Space Cowboys would be my second choice.

I like all 5 of the movies in this group, but I'd put Unforgiven dead last here. It just had too much of Clint not doing anything.

DjfunkmasterG
15-Jan-2009, 12:51 PM
TO make multiple choices you have to click your choices before you submit before you click vote.

DawnGirl27
15-Jan-2009, 03:42 PM
Hubby got the "Man With No Name" trilogy for Christmas, but although he likes them, says they're not Eastwood's best. He likes "High Plains Drifter" the best, and I liked that, but think "Unforgiven" is Clint's best work. Haven't seen the newest movie, though, and want to.

bassman
15-Jan-2009, 03:56 PM
High Plains Drifter. One of his best...

AcesandEights
15-Jan-2009, 05:04 PM
I always liked Kelly's Heroes, but I had to pass it over this time around.

ProfessorChaos
15-Jan-2009, 08:36 PM
"All right, I'm coming out. Any man I see out there, I'm gonna shoot him. Any sumbitch takes a shot at me, I'm not only gonna kill him, but I'm gonna kill his wife, all his friends, and burn his damn house down."

classic stuff

MoonSylver
15-Jan-2009, 10:46 PM
Glad we could vote twice. I wasn't looking forward to having to choose between High Plains & Unforgiven. I would have given Unforgiven the slight edge because of the cast, the performances & the gritty realism especially. Not to take away from High Plains, as it is one of his greatest as well. Thus, I picked 'em both.;)

SRP76
15-Jan-2009, 11:13 PM
TO make multiple choices you have to click your choices before you submit before you click vote.

Ah, thank you. I'll put that in the instructions for the next group, so it'll work properly.

Unless we get a comeback, it seems clear which two from this group will be advancing...