PDA

View Full Version : MOVIES TO AVOID AT ALL COSTS - Any Genre

DjfunkmasterG
15-Jan-2009, 11:18 AM
Well, we have a thread for Missed Gems, and of course we have the Clint Eastwood discussion going on as well, so I figured why not put together a list of film so bad they should be avoided at all costs or at the very least... viewed once then never looked at again.

So, since I am creating the thread I will start off with my 1st choices of films you need to avoid.

Night of the Living Dead 30th Anniversary Edition
Dude, Where's My Car
Contagium: Day of the Dead 2
Daredevil
Jersey Girl

_liam_
15-Jan-2009, 11:45 AM
Book of Shadows : Blair Witch 2
Exorcist : The Beginning
The Truth About Cats & Dogs
Batman & Robin
Spiceworld
Mortal Kombat : Annihilation
Children of the Living Dead
The Haunting (Jan de Bont remake)
Cold Mountain
Halloween 5
Halloween h20

All of these films are totally crap & have no redeeming features. They aren't even funny or so bad they're good, they're just tedious & bad.

Although Batman & Robin does have Uma Thurman dressed as Poison Ivy

bassman
15-Jan-2009, 11:45 AM
Jersey Girl isn't so bad. I didn't like it too much at first, but it's a good movie. Especially after becoming a father I respect it a bit more.

Anyway, here's a few I think should be avoided...

Funny Games(US version...never saw the other)
Manos: The Hands of Fate(unless it's the MST3K version)
Howard The Duck
Battlefield Earth
Anything starring Eddie Murphy after 1995.
Batman and Robin

SRP76
15-Jan-2009, 12:12 PM
Howard The Duck

Anything starring Eddie Murphy after 1995.

Bah!:eek:

Howard is classic comedy. And Life was hilarious, and it was made in...'98, I think.

I would personally avoid:

Titanic
Crash
Traffic
The entire XXX series

...and many others that I currently have blocked out of my memory.

bassman
15-Jan-2009, 12:31 PM
Howard is classic comedy.

Maybe if you're a three year old that's mentally challenged....

DjfunkmasterG
15-Jan-2009, 12:38 PM
Bah!:eek:

Howard is classic comedy. And Life was hilarious, and it was made in...'98, I think.

I would personally avoid:

Titanic
Crash
Traffic
The entire XXX series

...and many others that I currently have blocked out of my memory.

Gotta disagree with Crash and Traffic. I think Traffic is a pretty decent film, but everyones tastes are different.

axlish
15-Jan-2009, 12:54 PM
Nothing wrong with Jersey Girl at all. Kevin Smith fans were just pissed that it wasn't chock full of fart jokes. Putting Jersey Girl on a list of movies to avoid damages your credibility. This list should be comprised of films that NO ONE will like.

3pidemiC
15-Jan-2009, 01:16 PM
Halloween 5
Halloween h20

Gotta disagree with you on those. Being a big Halloween series fan, I still think that these are still fun to watch. Despite their flaws, I still think they're more well-made than a typical slasher film. What about Resurrection? now that's one that should be avoided.

DjfunkmasterG
15-Jan-2009, 02:51 PM
Halloween Resurrection was a bad film.

House of the Dead, Children of the Living Dead and Resident Evil 1 & 2. I liked part 3.

Danny
15-Jan-2009, 03:00 PM
strange wilderness, to quote northern slang its utter gash.
alone in the dark
blair witch 2: book of bullshit
mirrors (remake)
any of the four punisher movies (yes you heard me, 4)

otisbenny
15-Jan-2009, 03:04 PM
Batman and Robin
Ballistic- Ecks Vs. Sever
Speed 2-Cruise Control
Any M. Night after Unbreakable

MoonSylver
15-Jan-2009, 10:40 PM
Highlander 2.....GAH!!! I hate that movie!!! One of only a couple of films where I kept checking my watch waiting for it to be over.

Alien 3 was another. realize some people dig that one, but personally I feel like it took the ending of it's predecessor "Aliens" & pissed all over it.

Speaking of which, add "Terminator 3" to the list as well. Though it had a couple of neat gag's & concepts, it basically took Cameron's idea from T2 that destiny is NOT set in stone.,that one person CAN make a difference & change to future, & pissed all over it just to keep the franchise going. And they did it in the laziest, most unimaginative way as well.

AcesandEights
15-Jan-2009, 10:44 PM
Highlander 2

Good call. The above movie and Batman & Robin, as mentioned by others above, are irredeemable rubbish.

krakenslayer
15-Jan-2009, 10:58 PM
Night of the Living Dead 30th Anniversary Edition

Oh God... I'd forgotten about that...

oh, no....

it's happening again... the sickness...

the anger...

the... chANGE....
AAAAAARRRRRRRGGGHHH!!!

MUST... DESTROY... MAN... KIND!!!!

clanglee
15-Jan-2009, 11:28 PM
Wow. . I um. . I actually kind of liked Blair Witch 2. So. . let the berating begin.

Mike70
15-Jan-2009, 11:31 PM
any movie that stars:

dean cain
richard grieco
lorenzo lamas

is probably a movie that should be avoided at all costs.

Danny
15-Jan-2009, 11:33 PM
any movie that stars:

dean cain
richard grieco
lorenzo lamas

is probably a movie that should be avoided at all costs.

-michele rodriquez

AcesandEights
15-Jan-2009, 11:46 PM
Wow. . I um. . I actually kind of liked Blair Witch 2. So. . let the berating begin.

I don't think it was, or is, unwatchable :) It may not be great, but it's got some decent aspects and, again, not unwatchable for me. Granted, I haven't watched it in ages.

Mike70
15-Jan-2009, 11:55 PM
any children of the corn movie with a roman numeral after the title.

a return to salem's lot - what a piece of garbage this is. michael moriarty must've owed someone a favor to star in this.

the children - a school bus goes through a toxic cloud that turns the children into ghouls that cause anyone they touch to burn up. this is one may sound interesting but is, in reality, an immense turd.

even though it is a TV show i'll add this one in because it is just so horrible: galactica 1980. anyone that tries to defend this apocryphal piece of shit, i will track down and kick in the balls.

capncnut
16-Jan-2009, 12:07 AM
a return to salem's lot - what a piece of garbage this is. michael moriarty must've owed someone a favor to star in this.
Truest words I read all week, man.

clanglee
16-Jan-2009, 12:28 AM
The Ring 2

Four words. . .fake ass deer scene

blind2d
16-Jan-2009, 12:43 AM
Er... has "Brain Dead" been said yet?

MoonSylver
16-Jan-2009, 01:18 AM
Er... has "Brain Dead" been said yet?

No. & Let's leave it that way.;)

Danny
16-Jan-2009, 01:43 AM
No. & Let's leave it that way.;)

damn straight you hate that and its lawnmower scene you fail at movies, forever.

_liam_
16-Jan-2009, 10:05 PM
Yeah potential epic fail there, Braindead is amazing

Highlander 2.....GAH!!! I hate that movie!!! One of only a couple of films where I kept checking my watch waiting for it to be over.

Oh my god that was bad. Seriously awful, plus it's like "oh they're aliens". wtf!?

Alien 3 is alright though! Not as good as the other 2 obviously but it was at least ok. Alien : Resurrection, on the other hand...

wayzim
17-Jan-2009, 01:53 AM
Exorcist : The Beginning

Interesting thing about this one. It was actually a redo of a film called Dominion; Prequel to The Exorcist(by Paul Schrader of Cat People fame. )with Renny Harlin being hired after the studio scratched Schrader's film.
While both versions have the same actor playing Merrin(Stellan Skarsgard)the first film is better paced than the Harlin reimagining.
Dominion has been making the rounds on cable and it's definitely worth a rental.

Wayne Z

Doc
17-Jan-2009, 05:16 AM
Freddy's Dead- The shame of the Elm Street Series. Sure 4 and 5 weren't that great either but, atleast you can watch thoses to some extend for nostalgic reasons if anything but, Freddy's Dead is just complete sh*t! The death of Freddy and the Franchise indeed.

_liam_
18-Jan-2009, 10:17 AM
Interesting thing about this one. It was actually a redo of a film called Dominion; Prequel to The Exorcist(by Paul Schrader of Cat People fame. )with Renny Harlin being hired after the studio scratched Schrader's film.
While both versions have the same actor playing Merrin(Stellan Skarsgard)the first film is better paced than the Harlin reimagining.
Dominion has been making the rounds on cable and it's definitely worth a rental.

Wayne Z

Yeah it's strange that, because I rented the hacked version first, thought it was shit. A while later decided to give it another go & noticed the other version.

Dominion is a LOT better, but still a bit errr... Just not what I imagined.

It feels like it could have been a quirky independent film, had they divorced it from the exorcist universe, but as such it's just doomed to be a letdown.

EvilNed
18-Jan-2009, 10:22 AM
Funny Games(US version...never saw the other)

Let me just counter this post by saying that Funny Games should be mandatory viewing for every horror/thriller fan out there. US or original, doesn't matter, it's the same film.

_liam_
18-Jan-2009, 10:27 AM
Ah bollocks, that & Lady Vengeance were on last night, but I feel asleep :mad:

capncnut
18-Jan-2009, 02:13 PM
lorenzo lamas
But... he was in Grease! :D

blind2d
19-Jan-2009, 03:37 AM
I don't care what y'all fuckin' say. I HATE Braindead.

Mike70
19-Jan-2009, 04:11 AM

this might call for one of hellsing's quintuple fails.

slickwilly13
19-Jan-2009, 06:23 AM
The Garbage Pail Kids live movie. Anyone remember this?

capncnut
19-Jan-2009, 07:58 AM
WTF Braindead is a classic!

"I kick arse for the Lord!" :D

Craig
19-Jan-2009, 11:39 AM
Braindead is out and out awesome!

There's not a lot of films I can absolutely not stand to watch but for me it'd probably be Enemy at the Gates.

bassman
19-Jan-2009, 12:04 PM
Let me just counter this post by saying that Funny Games should be mandatory viewing for every horror/thriller fan out there. US or original, doesn't matter, it's the same film.

It was nothing special, but okay up until the "where's the remote?!?!?" scene. Then it was complete garbage. I wanted to beat my skull in with my own remote....

EvilNed
19-Jan-2009, 01:57 PM
It was nothing special, but okay up until the "where's the remote?!?!?" scene. Then it was complete garbage. I wanted to beat my skull in with my own remote....

Yepp, frustrating, isn't it? That's kinda like the point of the entire film. :D

To say that it was nothing special is just bullcrap. I can understand people not liking it or even hating it. But it's definetly special!

AcesandEights
19-Jan-2009, 01:59 PM
There's not a lot of films I can absolutely not stand to watch but for me it'd probably be Enemy at the Gates.

Hmmm, while I wouldn't agree that the film was unwatchable, it was a far cry from the book the script was based on and the historical events and personages it played off of. It had a solid enough cast, too, but they just settled for a fairly simple and shallow approach.

bassman
19-Jan-2009, 02:19 PM
Yepp, frustrating, isn't it? That's kinda like the point of the entire film. :D

To say that it was nothing special is just bullcrap. I can understand people not liking it or even hating it. But it's definetly special!

The point of the film is to make no sense and go from a believable event to something out of "Stay Tuned"? If that's the point, it just reinforces me opinion that its no good.

So my opinion is bullcrap? Okie dokie.:rolleyes:

_liam_
19-Jan-2009, 04:54 PM
Obviously his opinion is that your opinion is bullcrap. The question is, is that bullcrap?

Neither of your opinions are as good as pinion by Nine Inch Nails

blind2d
19-Jan-2009, 11:47 PM
High School Musical (take yer pick)

capncnut
20-Jan-2009, 02:12 PM
Neither of your opinions are as good as pinion by Nine Inch Nails
And that's saying something, lemme tell you. :D

MikePizzoff
20-Jan-2009, 06:33 PM
What about the Troll sequels? The Ghoulies series? A good portion of the Troma catalogue? House Of The Dead? The Lawnmower Man sequels?

Some of the movies mentioned here are very unreasonable. They're just movies you don't like, not movies that are completely bad.

Mike70
20-Jan-2009, 06:44 PM
What about the Troll sequels? The Ghoulies series? A good portion of the Troma catalogue? House Of The Dead? The Lawnmower Man sequels?

sir, how dare you bring up these pieces of shit, esp. house of the dead, in decent company.:lol:

i had thankfully forgotten about the troll sequels and the ghoulies series until reminded of their existence by you.:p

there were sequels to lawnmower man?? all bullshit aside and for true? wow, i don't remember those at all, probably a good thing though, huh?

_liam_
20-Jan-2009, 10:38 PM
Yeah mate the second lawnmower man is a proper sack of crap

clanglee
20-Jan-2009, 11:26 PM
Yeah mate the second lawnmower man is a proper sack of crap

God, the first one was bad enough

capncnut
20-Jan-2009, 11:36 PM
God, the first one was bad enough
LOL, Clangers! We're both gonna feel the wrath of the sci-fi mob but I gotta say, that movie bored the crap out of me, dude.

Mike70
20-Jan-2009, 11:38 PM
LOL, Clangers! We're both gonna feel the wrath of the sci-fi mob but I gotta say, that movie bored the crap out of me, dude.

i'm in total agreement with the two of you. the first lawnmower man was ridiculous gash and that is being kind. that said, the sequels must be, as liam said, "proper sacks of crap."

SRP76
21-Jan-2009, 08:23 AM
They're just movies you don't like, not movies that are completely bad.

Not liking a movie makes it bad. You will never convince me that, say, Titanic is good. When a movie is more painful than hitting your dick with a hammer, the movie sucks.

If anything was "truly bad" (whatever that is), most people won't have seen or heard of it, because it will have been made by 5 highschool sophomores on a VHS camcorder in a garage. Which would defeat the purpose of the thread.

Eagle Eye
21-Jan-2009, 11:18 AM
3 Ninjas
Troll 2
American Cannibal

Bruiser235
21-Jan-2009, 05:58 PM
Lost Boys 2: The Tribe :dead:

I Am Legend (Will Smith abortion) :mad:

Lucio Fulci's Zombie (good FX but lacking in plot and acting) :skull:

The Evil Dead (I'm gonna get shit for this, but I stand by it. Nothing against Bruce, although I'm not really a fan of his. I like ham and cheese. The foods, not the acting.) :moon:

Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines (Total suckfest. I expected something better from Arnold. Boy was I wrong.) :rolleyes:

Return of the Living Dead: Necropolis (I can't believe I actually rented and sat through this whole thing. I musta been high.) :annoyed:

Titanic (I've been a Titanic buff since I was little. The only good things were the set design and Bill Paxton and Billy Zane. Not much else.) :rockbrow:

Dog Soldiers (I'll probably get it for this too. I've gotten it at the imdb.com message boards from losers with nothing better to do. I don't care. This 'Movie' Sucks!)

Undead (I saw this in theaters when it was out in 2005. Crap, IMO.)

RustyHicks
21-Jan-2009, 06:30 PM
Halloween 3--Had nothing to do with Michael Myers I knew that and it still sucked
Alien 3--Still can't get into that one, no matter how hard I try to see the gems that others say are hidden in the movie.
Terminator 3--What a rip off that was
Halloween the remake--I still haven't recovered
Nightmare on Elm Street Freddy's Dead---Just what it says a dead film
Friday the 13th Jason takes New York--uuughh anything after the 2 film was dumb
Day of the Dead2--Don't even get me started on that one
Return of the living dead 2 and all the ones after---lame

I'm sure there is more to be added when I think of em

_liam_
21-Jan-2009, 07:23 PM
I actually quite like the first Lawnmower Man :lol: But yep it is ridiculous & I'm not going to defend it on any level. Although the ending is extremely cool

Lucio Fulci's Zombie (good FX but lacking in plot and acting) :skull:

The Evil Dead (I'm gonna get shit for this, but I stand by it. Nothing against Bruce, although I'm not really a fan of his. I like ham and cheese. The foods, not the acting.) :moon:

http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r2/GuyPinestra/DAAAAMN.jpg

Mike70
21-Jan-2009, 09:36 PM
Halloween 3--Had nothing to do with Michael Myers I knew that and it still sucked

good addition to the list. this movie is total and complete garbage. one of those to file under decent idea but shit way to go about it. apparently, the only way debra hill and john carpenter would be involved in another movie with "halloween" in its title was if it wasn't a direct sequel to "halloween II" and so, this piece of cinematic afterbirth was the result.

still, i will check out pretty much any flick with tom atkins in it.

MikePizzoff
21-Jan-2009, 11:21 PM
If anything was "truly bad" (whatever that is)

A "truly bad" movie can be something that contains one or more of the following:

-Downright bad acting
-Genuinely bad story line
-Terrible continuity (IE: in one shot actors arms are crossed, in next shot arms are at sides [see: Wild Hogs])
-Horrid editing
-Bad special effects [see: The Langoliers] (although, I really like that movie)

That's just my opinion, though. I don't feel that because one/multiple person(s) disliked a movie makes it an all-around bad film, unless it has such qualities.

blind2d
21-Jan-2009, 11:36 PM
I thought Langoliers was a mini-series... 3 Ninjas? Seriously? I loved those movies when I was five! It's like... Power Rangers meets Home Alone! Now the sequels are another story...

Mike70
21-Jan-2009, 11:40 PM
someone give me a hand here - what was the name of that flick that was made by the dude who used to sell gold chains on late night infomercials? his lawyer later tried to use the movie as proof of insanity when he was on trial for something (fraud i think).

it was about wrestlers battling aliens or some such crap. i saw a few bits on it on youtube quite a bit ago and for the life of me i can't remember the name of it. it was an almost unbelievable piece of cinematic dog shit.

Bruiser235
22-Jan-2009, 12:09 AM
http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r2/GuyPinestra/DAAAAMN.jpg[/QUOTE]

I stand by it.

MoonSylver
05-Feb-2009, 06:14 AM
Just thought of this one: The Vanishing. The original Dutch version is one of the most chilling meditations on the nature of evil I've seen in a film. The American version is so bad it hurts. A worse remake I don't know if I've ever seen. Totally trashes the original.

Only redeeming quality? That it turned me on to the original in the first place, otherwise I never would have seen it.

slickwilly13
05-Feb-2009, 04:42 PM
Any Ernest movie after "goes to Camp". I like Jim Varney as much as the next guy, but those movies became dumber and dumber. Speaking of which, Dumb & Dumber 2. Space Camp, I hate that movie and was forced to watch it in the theaters when it was released.

MinionZombie
05-Feb-2009, 05:49 PM
Ernest Goes To Camp ... was that the one with a catapult that flung toilets at the bad guys?

If so, I loved that movie as a kid. :cool:

Mike70
05-Feb-2009, 06:41 PM
the remake of the stepford wives with matthew broderick and nicole kidman is complete and total gash. it plays out like a disney movie. it's an insult to both the original and to the book. a genuinely horrid remake.

wayzim
09-Feb-2009, 01:15 PM
I actually quite like the first Lawnmower Man :lol: But yep it is ridiculous & I'm not going to defend it on any level. Although the ending is extremely cool

http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r2/GuyPinestra/DAAAAMN.jpg

Did anyone actually read the Stephen King short story?
It was a fun tale about lawnmower services and pagan rites. I can't wait for someone to put out a new anthology film with this one in it. There's also another short called Survivor Type which I'd like to see done in this venue.

Wayne Z
"This ain't no midnight horror flick or creature double feature, babe. "

_liam_
09-Feb-2009, 01:24 PM
Yeah I remember it being about this serial killer satyr or something, no relation to the movie really, I suppose you could substitute the occult with virtual reality or something, but it's still tenously attributed to that short story

SymphonicX
11-Feb-2009, 06:04 PM
Great thread!

How about:
Ultraviolet
Daredevil
Freddy vs Jason
Jason X
Terminator 3
Spiderman 3
House of a thousand corpses
house of the dead
Resident Evil 1,2,3,4 and probably any others that are made in future
Ghostrider
Any Harry Potter....
Blade movies
matrix 2, 3

blind2d
12-Feb-2009, 02:37 AM
Dude...... harsh. Harry Potter? Seriously?

ProfessorChaos
12-Feb-2009, 04:23 AM
Great thread!

How about:
Ultraviolet
Daredevil
Freddy vs Jason
Jason X
Terminator 3
Spiderman 3
House of a thousand corpses
house of the dead
Resident Evil 1,2,3,4 and probably any others that are made in future
Ghostrider
Any Harry Potter....
Blade movies
matrix 2, 3

yeah, i agree with about 90% of this list. i've not seen ultraviolet or house of the dead, but i've seen enough or all of the rest on that list and they are all shit...with the exception of the HP series. my ex was a big fan of the books and films, and since she watched all the GAR films with me, i sat through all those. the first one is kinda lame, almost like the phantom menace, but the later ones are decent. much more enjoyable than sm3 or any of the resident evil rip-offs.

edit: and hell yeah, MZ, ernest goes to camp was cool as hell.

capncnut
12-Feb-2009, 05:33 AM
Two movies people will advise you to ignore but two movies that I love regardless.

Horror!

The Final Terror with Joe Pantoliano and Adrian Zmed. I don't care what y'all say, I thought this movie was f**kin top notch.

Non-horror!

Something Wild. Ray Liotta kicked ass in this flick. :cool:

MoonSylver
12-Feb-2009, 06:14 AM
Freddy vs Jason
Jason X

:rockbrow:

I loves me some Friday the 13th. I don't care what anyone says. I like both of these. Not Shakespeare, but good fun IMO.

Now, Jason Goes to Hell? You could fill this whole damn list with that thing repeated unto infinity. To borrow someone else's catchphrase, epic failiage of the highest magnitude,

http://lfm.mit.edu/blog/drewhill/files/fail-boat.jpg

SymphonicX
12-Feb-2009, 07:17 AM
Hmm, saving grace of Jason Goes to Hell is the last shot of Freddy taking his hockey mask under the ground...so that was kinda cool...

and Jason X did have one of the funniest deaths ever - face frozen by liquid nitrogen then bashed off....

I guess they can be considered "fun"...but that robot bird in Jason X is just silly...lol

capncnut
12-Feb-2009, 07:29 AM
Another movie people seem to hate is The Exterminator. As far as I'm concerned that flick shits on Death Wish with an iron ass! Part revenge flick, part gorefest, anyone who disagrees can go swing a bollock as far as I'm concerned.

Phenia Films
12-Feb-2009, 12:09 PM
im probably the only one..
"Pulp Fiction"...most overrated of all time catagory..same with Tarentino

krakenslayer
12-Feb-2009, 12:18 PM
im probably the only one..
"Pulp Fiction"...most overrated of all time catagory..same with Tarentino

If we're gonna do overrated films - Fight Club. Okay, everyone in the world but me seems to love that movie, so perhaps it's not overrated. Maybe the problem lies with me... but I hated Fight Club with an absolute passion.

I hated the characters, I hated the story, I hated the whole philosophy of it. I hated the stupid twist you could see coming miles off. And worst, it bored my nuts off.

bassman
12-Feb-2009, 12:21 PM
If we're gonna do overrated films - Fight Club. Okay, everyone in the world but me seems to love that movie, so perhaps it's not overrated. Maybe the problem lies with me... but I hated Fight Club with an absolute passion.

I hated the characters, I hated the story, I hated the whole philosophy of it. I hated the stupid twist you could see coming miles off. And worst, it bored my nuts off.

The first rule of fight club is you DO NOT TALK ABOUT FIGHT CLUB!

:p

That's probably my second favorite flick after Ghostbusters. I can see why it's not everyone's cup o tea, though.

krakenslayer
12-Feb-2009, 12:29 PM
The first rule of fight club is you DO NOT TALK ABOUT FIGHT CLUB!

:p

That's probably my second favorite flick after Ghostbusters. I can see why it's not everyone's cup o tea, though.

Which is weird because our taste in films is so similar otherwise (big Ghostbusters fan here too).

bassman
12-Feb-2009, 02:10 PM
Any Ernest movie after "goes to Camp". I like Jim Varney as much as the next guy, but those movies became dumber and dumber.

Huge Varney/Worrell fan here. I think they got stupid in the mid nineties. Everything before that was great, imo. Camp, Jail, Christmas, Scared Stupid. All good fun to me.

I'm quite fond of Varney. Been watching his films my entire life. It really hurt when he passed on. Ernest will live on forever though.:cool:

http://images.google.com/url?source=imgres&ct=tbn&q=http://newrivervoice.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/ernest.jpg&usg=AFQjCNHpE0df4JzQgmASKcPrpz_HHcY9zA

http://images.google.com/url?source=imgres&ct=tbn&q=http://s3.amazonaws.com/findagrave/photos/2002/176/6316949_1025129063.jpg&usg=AFQjCNE_8iRb8S2Bm74v0p0e8vZuY1Pmmw

MoonSylver
12-Feb-2009, 04:23 PM
Hmm, saving grace of Jason Goes to Hell is the last shot of Freddy taking his hockey mask under the ground...so that was kinda cool...

Only good part of the movie.

and Jason X did have one of the funniest deaths ever - face frozen by liquid nitrogen then bashed off....

:D

I guess they can be considered "fun"...but that robot bird in Jason X is just silly...lol

Ah c'mon a super robot vs a cyborg zombie....how awesome is that!:lol:

(I say this somewhat tongue in cheek. The Friday movies...they're kinda like the Godzilla series. Both start off fairly serious in tone & devolve into over the top goofiness by the end. And both have then re-booted & gone back to the more serious tone of the originals, at least from the look of the new one anyway)

blind2d
12-Feb-2009, 07:38 PM
Yay Godzilla! - Noodle
We are the all-singing, all-dancing @#$# of the world. - Russel
You know what movie I think is the worst of all time? The Poseidon Adventure. It's just a big rip-off of Titanic! - 2D

clanglee
12-Feb-2009, 08:31 PM
You do know that the Posiden Adventure came out before Titanic. . .right?

Mike70
13-Feb-2009, 12:23 AM
You do know that the Posiden Adventure came out before Titanic. . .right?

not in his universe it didn't.

though he could be talking about the poseidon remake.

clanglee
13-Feb-2009, 12:48 AM

that's what I figured. . .or hoped anyways

bassman
13-Feb-2009, 12:12 PM

I thought that was just called POSEIDON. He said Poseidon Adventure, so that leaves me to believe he's talking about the original.

Either way....the kid is a whacko.:|

blind2d
13-Feb-2009, 12:33 PM
Thanks! Yep, just being me... safe and drug-free, though I bet a lot of people doubt that. Yeah... whatever.

DjfunkmasterG
13-Feb-2009, 04:50 PM
Alien 3--Still can't get into that one, no matter how hard I try to see the gems that others say are hidden in the movie.
Terminator 3--What a rip off that was
Halloween the remake--I still haven't recovered
Nightmare on Elm Street Freddy's Dead---Just what it says a dead film
Friday the 13th Jason takes New York--uuughh anything after the 2 film was dumb
Day of the Dead2--Don't even get me started on that one
Return of the living dead 2 and all the ones after---lame

I'm sure there is more to be added when I think of em

ROTLD 2 wasn't nearly as bad as LAND of the DEAD. I think ROTLD 4 & 5 are gash, 3 is ok in its own weird sort of way, but PART 2 is good mindless fun.

Add to the list:
Collateral Damage
Bird on a Wire
Big Trouble in Little China
Next Friday
Friday after Next
Tick
Warlock 1 (2 was cheesy, but way better)
2 Fast 2 Furious

MoonSylver
13-Feb-2009, 05:12 PM

:stunned::rockbrow::confused:

You're kidding...right???

clanglee
14-Feb-2009, 02:26 AM

I believe a lynching is in order!!!!!!

DjfunkmasterG
14-Feb-2009, 04:51 AM
:stunned::rockbrow::confused:

You're kidding...right???

No. I watched this recently and still can't see what people see int his film.

I believe a lynching is in order!!!!!!

Let it begin. Not going to change my mind that it still sucks. Lynched or not.

I love Carpenter, but come on, BTILC... that is the bottom of the barrel for him. it makes Ghost of Mars look Oscar worthy.

Mike70
14-Feb-2009, 04:59 AM
No. I watched this recently and still can't see what people see int his film.

Let it begin. Not going to change my mind that it still sucks. Lynched or not.

I love Carpenter, but come on, BTILC... that is the bottom of the barrel for him. it makes Ghost of Mars look Oscar worthy.

*approaches DJ, smacks the fuck out of him with a glove then throws it down on the ground*

there is my gauge sir, shall we choose seconds and proceed like civilized gentlemen?

sorry dude, but big trouble is one of the most fun movies ever. i love it. it is the perfect saturday evening with a beer or a bong movie. kurt russell, et al are great in it.

blind2d
14-Feb-2009, 06:43 PM
Tom Green's recent snowboarding movie was pretty ass. What's it called?
Also, any of those stupid chimp movies. Any of 'em at all!

bassman
14-Feb-2009, 08:57 PM
I got your back, Gary. Carpenter can be a near genius(The Thing), but then he does crap like BTILC and Ghosts of Mars. Hell....it's only recently that I opened up to the cheese that is Escape From NY. BTILC takes that cheese and runs way too far with it.

capncnut
14-Feb-2009, 09:02 PM
I thought BTILC was okay at the time but now I find it silly and a tad boring. It's no great shakes when compared to his other films, notably Assault On Precinct 13, Escape From New York, The Thing, They Live, etc.

BTILC is an oddity because it's firmly rooted within his 'classic' period but still remains unremarkable at the same time.

blind2d
16-Feb-2009, 02:31 AM
I thought there were some good critters in BTILC though...
Speaking of, the Critters movies are absolute crap.

Mike70
16-Feb-2009, 02:47 AM
I got your back, Gary. Carpenter can be a near genius(The Thing), but then he does crap like BTILC and Ghosts of Mars. Hell....it's only recently that I opened up to the cheese that is Escape From NY. BTILC takes that cheese and runs way too far with it.

I thought BTILC was okay at the time but now I find it silly and a tad boring. It's no great shakes when compared to his other films, notably Assault On Precinct 13, Escape From New York, The Thing, They Live, etc.

BTILC is an oddity because it's firmly rooted within his 'classic' period but still remains unremarkable at the same time.
don't make me use my eagle claw kung fu on you two as well as DJ.:lol:

in fact my cylon warrior asks "which of you bitches has a problem with big trouble in little china?"
http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj126/mikemor70/Photo53.jpg?t=1234856714

DjfunkmasterG
19-Feb-2009, 06:55 PM

Thank You sir. I love most of his work, even the little talked about THEY LIVE, which is really a cool little flick beneath all the mistakes. However, the praise lapped upon BTILC is not deserved. It is weak and pointless. Even Escape From La is another Carpenter disaster.

I find Carpenters work to be Hit and miss, he runs 50/50. BTILC was the miss, The Thing remake was the Hit. I cannot heap enough praise on The Thing remake, and you should see it in HD. The only thing dating the movie is the technology shown in the movie, otherwise the new HD master makes it look like a fairly recent film.

krakenslayer
19-Feb-2009, 07:05 PM
Big Trouble in Little China is one of my all time favourite movies. :(