PDA

View Full Version : agent smith or darth vader

Danny
16-Jan-2009, 01:40 AM
So ive watched the star wars and the matrix films today (good way to waste a day off) and i firmly argued with my friends that agent smith is a much more intimidating bad guy than darth vader, vaders more iconic, but in the grand scheme of things he redeemed himself were as smith became less of an a.i program but more of a virus fueled by the worst humanity offered up.
now i know most people would say vader purely because they feel its the default response but give yourselves a minute to think back on this one, whos the bigger badass?

that said FLAME ON!:D

AcesandEights
16-Jan-2009, 02:49 AM
Vader overcame a geeky childhood and awkward emo teen years to become the biggest badass in his galaxy and he killed Emperor Palpatine singlehandedly (both literally and figuratively).

clanglee
16-Jan-2009, 03:19 AM
Vader. .because, for the most part, the Matrix series sucks balls. And how difficult is it to be intimidating to Keanu Reeves. . really now.:rolleyes:

bassman
16-Jan-2009, 11:57 AM
Vader because he made it through a great trilogy. Although the Matrix sequels are okay, as far as I'm concerned the greatness ended with Neo exploding Smith at the end of the first film.

MoonSylver
16-Jan-2009, 03:00 PM
Vader hands down. Smith was PROGRAMMED to become a badass, Vader BECAME one.

Plus (on a non-badass note). Vader's story has become so cliched now that it's easy to over look the tragedy, depth & complexity of his fall. It's almost Shakespearian. To me that makes a truly great villain. Otherwise they're just a cardboard cutout. A stereotype.

Hugo Weaving DID make that role great though. First time I saw him on screen as Elrond in LOTR I couldn't help but say "MIS-TER Baggens...":D:lol:

EvilNed
16-Jan-2009, 03:31 PM
Agent Smith broke free of his programming, so no, he wasn't programmed to become a bad ass. Anyway, I say Smith. I came to the realization a few months ago that Darth Vader looks ridiculous, and I haven't been able to take him seriously since then.

Khan, on the other hand...

slickwilly13
16-Jan-2009, 04:53 PM
he killed Emperor Palpatine singlehandedly (both literally and figuratively).

That was pretty much a sucker punch like he did to Mace on last movie. Even though it was the right thing to do. The Emperor would have killed him and Luke both if he had not done so.

clanglee
16-Jan-2009, 07:55 PM
Vader because he made it through a great trilogy. Although the Matrix sequels are okay, as far as I'm concerned the greatness ended with Neo exploding Smith at the end of the first film.

Bingo!!

Hugo Weaving DID make that role great though. First time I saw him on screen as Elrond in LOTR I couldn't help but say "MIS-TER Baggens...":D:lol:

I'll give this to Smith. Whenever I get a call at work from a Mr. Anderson(and there are a lot out there) I can't help but do the voice. . . just a little bit.

DawnGirl27
17-Jan-2009, 03:31 AM
Vader, hands down. The reasons why have pretty much been raised in earlier posts, plus his character and backstory are just so iconic.

DjfunkmasterG
17-Jan-2009, 03:18 PM
Agent Smith could kick Vaders ass. He would transplant himself into Vaders computer controlled suit and plant a virus... BOOM Vader Dead, and he didn't even have to lay a finger on him.

MoonSylver
17-Jan-2009, 03:46 PM
Agent Smith could kick Vaders ass. He would transplant himself into Vaders computer controlled suit and plant a virus... BOOM Vader Dead, and he didn't even have to lay a finger on him.

But this isn't a VERSUS thread...just who you think is the best villain!!!:D

MinionZombie
17-Jan-2009, 06:21 PM
But Vader would have to be inside The Matrix, as Vader.

Or Agent Smith would have to come out of The Matrix, like he did in #2/3, and inhabit the mortal body of somebody - then Vader would just whip out some force and pwn the fool.

Agent Smith - in his world - kicks arse mind you, and as an iconic bad guy, Agent Smith is now a classic ... Mister Anderson - you can't resist that.

But I did vote for Darth Vader in this thread.

DjfunkmasterG
18-Jan-2009, 12:17 AM
But this isn't a VERSUS thread...just who you think is the best villain!!!:D

AGENT SMITH

Hands down, the biggest ASS stomper on the face on the Matrix.

fartpants
18-Jan-2009, 05:22 PM
the poll says it all ............. VADER ROCKS

blind2d
19-Jan-2009, 03:28 AM
Agreed, he's got all that "futuristic Nazi" thing going for him. Smith's just... well... Smith.

ProfessorChaos
19-Jan-2009, 03:11 PM
no way a computer program is badder than the most powerful jedi ever to walk the galaxy.

then again, i barely made it through the first matrix film and couldn't even watch five minutes of either of the sequels, so perhaps i'm a bit biased.:moon:

RustyHicks
21-Jan-2009, 06:46 PM
no way a computer program is badder than the most powerful jedi ever to walk the galaxy.

then again, i barely made it through the first matrix film and couldn't even watch five minutes of either of the sequels, so perhaps i'm a bit biased.:moon:

Happened to me too, couldn't watch the last one all the way through,
although the first is a good one.
I voted Vader, he was just kick ass bad from the get go, he ruled the
the bad guy unniverse

Danny
21-Jan-2009, 09:32 PM
but he was palpatines bitch!

ProfessorChaos
22-Jan-2009, 12:28 AM
agent smith is a computer program....come on, bro. we're talking about darth-fucking-vader here.

MinionZombie
22-Jan-2009, 10:40 AM
agent smith is a computer program....come on, bro. we're talking about darth-fucking-vader here.
To kill Agent Smith, you unplug "teh intarwebz". :p:lol:

Or run a virus scan. :D