PDA

View Full Version : Who would win in a fight between a bear and a tiger?

Chic Freak
16-Jan-2009, 07:57 PM
Clever-dick sort of answers that a male audience might appreciate would be... appreciated.

bear with me

MoonSylver
16-Jan-2009, 11:14 PM
Wow...I'm not sure if you're joking or not...if you're serious...hmmm...I'd like to say Bear as I have an affinity for bears. Bear would have the edge in size & strength. But Tiger would be faster & more agile. Plus a tiger is a pure predator whereas a bear is an omnivore & just as content to dine on wild edibles, catch fish or take someone else's kill. They're usually only aggressive when threatened. The will take down & kill game, but it's not their sole means of sustenance.

So as much as it pains me, I THINK a tiger (though neither would probably walk far way from an all out confrontation...)

Now....why.....???:confused:

fartpants
17-Jan-2009, 02:22 PM
tiger no doubt ,the superior speed would do it every time and the bear wouldnt stand a chance unless it got in a lucky swipe with its paw

Craig
17-Jan-2009, 11:31 PM
Just watched QI where they were talking about a fight between a bear and a lion, apparently the bear would win easily... so how much do tigers and lions differ, especially in skull thickness?

AcesandEights
18-Jan-2009, 03:52 PM
What breed of bear? Grizzly and Polar would do quite well against most tigers, I'd think.

ProfessorChaos
18-Jan-2009, 07:02 PM
i think a bear would win because let's face it, a tiger is really just a big pussy.;)

Dtothe3
18-Jan-2009, 11:56 PM
Bear - 600-900lbs of muscle and fat. The big warning with bears, is if one attacks, don't climb trees (they can climb better then you). In fact, you should just play dead, and get used to the idea...

Tiger - Capable of extraordinary speed, strength is amazing relative to size... But not when considered against a bear...

I'm gonna have to point out, whilst a tiger is the out and out predator, A bear really is a well built tank. A tigers claws would barely scratch muscle. Im not saying a bear would difinitively survive, but it would walk away temporarily.

blind2d
19-Jan-2009, 03:20 AM
Banjo beats Tony. (aka, bear beats tiger... over the skull, with one of its own striped legs)

Skippy911sc
19-Jan-2009, 06:38 PM
The hell with that...

What about a Liger...I mean with the magic alone it would defeat any foe!:p

clanglee
19-Jan-2009, 07:59 PM
I know that Steven Colbert woild be behind the Tiger 100%. But I going bear as well. As long as we are talking polar or grizzly and not a pussy eastern black bear.

Philly_SWAT
29-Jan-2009, 08:33 PM
I think it would be a pretty even match up, largely determined by which one got in the first blow. The faster Tiger more than likely would initiate the first parry....if the bear were to catch him, grab him, etc, and get on top of him, the tiger would be toast. But felines are clever creatures (just watch a housecat fight). If they were to get the right angle and inflict a big bite, possibly not letting go, he might take the bear.

If I had to give a firm answer, I say the bear would win, due to its weight advantage, but the Tiger might be likely to give up the attack if it was too injured, so might not die. Hard to say. I saw a tiger vs. gator video online once, I forget who won.