View Full Version : phrases/words you've picked up from HPOTD?

Mike70
20-Jan-2009, 07:50 PM
i've noticed that i have picked up several words and phrases from here and have begun to spread them around to people i know. i have some of my friends using "name-rape", "gash", "taking the piss", "yawn 04" and "ghey 08." i watch a lot of british tv, so "taking the piss" might've been picked up from there but i know i've seen it used here numerous times.

i know there has to be someone out there who has used E=MCVagina in a sentence...

bassman
20-Jan-2009, 07:56 PM
I caught myself using numpty and fap recently. I had to have picked those up from here...

Exatreides
20-Jan-2009, 08:10 PM
have used ghey 08 and yawn of the dead before.

Chic Freak
20-Jan-2009, 09:00 PM
Have picked up various pieces of ridiculous slang from MZ including "numpty", "gubment" and "noggin."

capncnut
20-Jan-2009, 09:18 PM
Have picked up various pieces of ridiculous slang from MZ including "numpty", "gubment" and "noggin."
Let's not forget that old gem 'shitty bollocks'. :D

Danny
20-Jan-2009, 09:26 PM
blank rocks so much cock

so and so is gay for such and such

nothing good thats for sure:lol:

MoonSylver
20-Jan-2009, 10:35 PM
I thought "Billy No Mates" was pretty amusing.:)

Chic Freak
20-Jan-2009, 11:44 PM
Let's not forget that old gem 'shitty bollocks'. :D

Oh, and "bloated mouth-sex", a phrase I won't forget as long as I live :|

MoonSylver
21-Jan-2009, 12:48 AM
Oh, and "bloated mouth-sex", a phrase I won't forget as long as I live :|

Now that I think of it, some of the nicknames Chic threw out for...er...female...self...er....GRATIFICATION, were pretty funny & memorable too....:o

blind2d
21-Jan-2009, 12:53 AM
"Diarhea of the Dead". I think that's it.

MinionZombie
21-Jan-2009, 10:26 AM
hehe, I got "numpty" from Neil, I have to say ... but yeah, can't beat a "name-rape" slamdown upon a really shitty movie.

lol - I'd forgotten about "shitty bollocks", hehe.

Chic - ah yes, "bloated mouth sex" ... not sure why that term came around, but it was because of something you posted about something I think. :p

I've used "Yawn04" since it came out basically, and continue to use it - even in conversation in the real world - to this day. And "Ghey08", that's a good one somebody put out there a while back, hehe.

Chic Freak
21-Jan-2009, 11:55 AM
Now that I think of it, some of the nicknames Chic threw out for...er...female...self...er....GRATIFICATION, were pretty funny & memorable too....:o

I don't remember them! lol

Chic - ah yes, "bloated mouth sex" ... not sure why that term came around, but it was because of something you posted about something I think. :p

We were discussing whether on a date, the girl should blow the dude before dinner, after dinner, or both. And you referred to post-dinner blow jobs as "bloated mouth-sex", one of the most horrendous terms I've ever heard.

DjfunkmasterG
21-Jan-2009, 12:18 PM
Ghey 08, Numpty and Shitty Bollocks for me, but when I am ina special mood at a friends house and just gotta go, I always ask if I can use the TORLET. :p

Mike70
21-Jan-2009, 12:35 PM
but when I am ina special mood at a friends house and just gotta go, I always ask if I can use the TORLET. :p

:lol:i swear to god that is never, never going to get old. gives me a chuckle everytime someone puts it up.

MinionZombie
21-Jan-2009, 06:22 PM
We were discussing whether on a date, the girl should blow the dude before dinner, after dinner, or both. And you referred to post-dinner blow jobs as "bloated mouth-sex", one of the most horrendous terms I've ever heard.

Ah yes, now I remember!

Well ... it's true though ... what if the pair were eating a big curry or something, you've got all that rice and chicken, and then naan bread - that's gonna leave you feeling a bit bloated like the food is stacking up in your throat ... so it'd be bloated mouth sex, haha! :D

I'm glad that one sufficiently grossed you out. :p

MoonSylver
21-Jan-2009, 10:52 PM
I don't remember them! lol

It was in the David Duchovny/Rehab/Sex addict thread:

doing your nails
safe sex
feeding the bearded clam
fingerpainting
Jilling off
muffin buffin'
paddling the pink canoe
pushing the button
three point shot
auditioning finger puppets
beating around the bush
checking for squirrels
c*nt cuddling

:o:D:lol::stunned::kiss:

MikePizzoff
21-Jan-2009, 11:03 PM
In real life, I jokingly use "I can't be arsed" - a phrase I picked up from all you limey bloke's here!

Cartma7546
22-Jan-2009, 01:03 AM
my friends and I have picked up the balls game we used to play here and do it at work with other movies

DeadJonas190
22-Jan-2009, 07:54 AM
i've noticed that i have picked up several words and phrases from here and have begun to spread them around to people i know. i have some of my friends using "name-rape", "gash", "taking the piss", "yawn 04" and "ghey 08." i watch a lot of british tv, so "taking the piss" might've been picked up from there but i know i've seen it used here numerous times.

i know there has to be someone out there who has used E=MCVagina in a sentence...

I got asshat from here, nutter, and of course picked up numpty. I am sure there are others but I'm a bit too tired to think too hard on the subject.

Chic Freak
22-Jan-2009, 11:38 AM
Jilling off
auditioning finger puppets
checking for squirrels
c*nt cuddling

Haha, I'd forgotten all about that thread! I think the ones I've listed there are my favourites, lol.

In real life, I jokingly use "I can't be arsed" - a phrase I picked up from all you limey bloke's here!

Do Americans not say "I can't be arsed"??? I couldn't survive my daily life without that phrase, I use it several times a day.

my friends and I have picked up the balls game we used to play here and do it at work with other movies

What is the balls game?

DjfunkmasterG
22-Jan-2009, 11:44 AM
What is the balls game?

It is where you change one word of the title of a dead movie to BALLS.

ex. Night of the Living Balls

The game is known as Balls of the Dead. Cartma has take it to a whole new level using any movie not just dead films.

So I suppose The Dark Knight now has become The Dark Balls

MikePizzoff
22-Jan-2009, 01:30 PM
Do Americans not say "I can't be arsed"??? I couldn't survive my daily life without that phrase, I use it several times a day.

Nope. Americans don't even use the word "arse" (in my part of the country, at least; I've seen people attempt to use the term, only to be made fun of). We don't say "I can't be ass'd," either. People will occasionally say "I can't be bothered," but most Americans just say "I'm not doing that."

AcesandEights
22-Jan-2009, 02:08 PM
Nope. Americans don't even use the word "arse" (in my part of the country, at least; I've seen people attempt to use the term, only to be made fun of). We don't say "I can't be ass'd," either. People will occasionally say "I can't be bothered," but most Americans just say "I'm not doing that."

Yeah, arse is not in common usage, however I use the term 'arse' in written format regularly. However, 'Can't be arsed' is a definite pick up from HPOTD, for me. It's not as though I hadn't heard the term enough before to be aware of it, but repeated exposure makes it a very typical thing for me to toss into correspondence and posts.

AcesandEights
24-Jan-2009, 01:50 AM
Oh, and "zed". I never used to use it before HPotD :)

DubiousComforts
24-Jan-2009, 04:09 AM
I got asshat from here,
I truly hope I was responsible for that.

Mike70
24-Jan-2009, 04:11 AM
I truly hope I was responsible for that.

:lol::lol:

you've been found guilty as charged dude. i use that one from time to time.

DubiousComforts
24-Jan-2009, 04:14 AM
you've been found guilty as charged dude. i use that one from time to time.
YESSSSSS! *victory dance* <----(there should be a smilie icon for this)

Mike70
24-Jan-2009, 04:54 AM
YESSSSSS! *victory dance* <----(there should be a smilie icon for this)

on a totally separate note but one you'll appreciate, one of the quizzes on facebook tells me that the rush song i most resemble is "by-tor and the snow dog." as a long, long time rush fan that gave me a warm and fuzzy for sure.

The tobes of hades
Lit by flickering torchlight
The netherworld is gathered in the glare...

at least facebook can recognize great music...

DjfunkmasterG
24-Jan-2009, 12:21 PM
:lol:i swear to god that is never, never going to get old. gives me a chuckle everytime someone puts it up.

It makes me laugh even when I say it. I have also found myself saying "I can't be arsed" a lot as well. Just some of those things you tend to pick up from time to time when you frequent a forum as much as we all do.

MinionZombie
24-Jan-2009, 06:33 PM
It makes me laugh even when I say it. I have also found myself saying "I can't be arsed" a lot as well. Just some of those things you tend to pick up from time to time when you frequent a forum as much as we all do.
"I can't be arsed" is one of the best phrases to exit the British Isles ever, in my opinion. :)

Mike70
24-Jan-2009, 06:46 PM
i think i might've picked up a new one after tricky said in another thread that he'd been "out on the razzle." that gave me a laugh and if it gives me a laugh, i am likely gonna remember it and use it somewhere down the line.

Danny
24-Jan-2009, 11:15 PM
"I can't be arsed" is one of the best phrases to exit the British Isles ever, in my opinion. :)

true 'dat.

though some are accent specific, like i heard an aussie guy in a pub say "YA'V GAWT A FOIYCE LA'K A FAKKIN' VA-JOY-NA!":lol:

MikePizzoff
24-Jan-2009, 11:44 PM
true 'dat.

though some are accent specific, like i heard an aussie guy in a pub say "YA'V GAWT A FOIYCE LA'K A FAKKIN' VA-JOY-NA!":lol:

:lol::lol::lol: If only you had captured that on film.

MinionZombie
25-Jan-2009, 10:35 AM
Sounds like a South Park episode or something. :D