Best Animated Film Nomination
Wall-E
Bolt
Kung Fu Panda

Best Screenplay Original
Wall-E
Slumdog Millionaire

Find outmore at www.oscar.com

8 Nominations for The Dark Knight (Mostly technical)
8 Nominations for Slumdog Millionaire inclding 2 noms for best original song.

3pidemiC
22-Jan-2009, 01:15 PM
"The Curious Case...." is also nominated for Best Picture.

I'm kind of disappointed that The Wrestler didn't get nominated for Best Picture. Although I haven't seen it, it looked the best out of the current lineup there.

AcesandEights
22-Jan-2009, 01:54 PM
I'm kind of disappointed that The Wrestler didn't get nominated for Best Picture. Although I haven't seen it, it looked the best out of the current lineup there.

I'm not too surprised. it was a good film, perhaps even great, but the acting (and requisite direction that helped draw it out) were what made the film. The story itself, though well scripted is pretty run of the mill, even pedestrian in some cases, in my opinion.

I'm hoping for Ledger, Rourke, Tomei, Winslet, Benjamin Button and Slumdog to snare wins.

bassman
22-Jan-2009, 02:06 PM
Ledger....who would've guessed?:rolleyes:

Nothing against Ledger and I loved his role, but did anyone actually think that he WOULDN'T get nominated? I'm pretty much positive he'll win it too.

TDK should definitely get Cinematography. Awesome, groundbreaking stuff...

Mike70
22-Jan-2009, 05:13 PM
it would be nice to see mickey rourke win. come on, who doesn't love a great comeback story?

MinionZombie
22-Jan-2009, 06:17 PM
Come on Rourke, Ledger, WALL-E, Dark Knight, Benjamin Button and indeed Marissa Tomei's fit titties (she also acted bloody well in The Wrestler ... but she is well fit, it has to be said).

The Wrestler was fucking great, it's a shame The Dark Knight didn't get nommed for best picture - Titanic won best picture, and The Dark Knight doesn't even get a nomination? Geez.

Then I'll say Winslet for leading actress, she's a top bird from Blighty, so I'm pulling for my fellow country-woman. Benjamin for Directing - cos Fincher bloody well deserves it - even though I haven't seen Curious Case yet (but I definitely want to).

Visual effects - a toughie, cos The Dark Knight was more a case of practical stuff (which was amazing), with some CGI touch-ups ... Ben Button (from the trailer at least) looks disturbingly good with all it's intricate aging of the actors ... script wise - I'll sit in the corner of In Bruges, which was a fantastically good film which always had me on the back foot, while keeping me thoroughly entertained.