PDA

View Full Version : New apocalyptic TV series, 'Day One'...

Neil
29-Jan-2009, 09:02 AM
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/content_display/television/news/e3idb2c398ada1252b734b2e4be38865b9d

NBC has handed a pilot order to "Day One," a futuristic drama from "Heroes" writer-producer Jesse Alexander.

The project, produced by Universal Media Studios, chronicles the aftermath of a global event that devastates the world's infrastructures when a small band of survivors strive to rebuild society and unravel the mysteries of why the event took place and what the future has in store.

Futuristic dramas are in fashion this pilot season. In ABC's "Flash Forward," people black out for two minutes when each has a vision of the future. And ABC's "V" tackles a future in which the Earth is ruled by aliens.

Alexander's series credits also include "Lost" and "Alias."

Wooley
02-Feb-2009, 02:52 AM
Hopefully NBC doesn't do Day One as wrong as CBS did Jericho. Sci Fi so should have picked up Jericho...

Mr.G
02-Feb-2009, 04:57 PM
[url] And ABC's "V" tackles a future in which the Earth is ruled by aliens.

Alexander's series credits also include "Lost" and "Alias."[/INDENT][/I]

OMG! V is making a comeback? When will it air?

Kaos
02-Feb-2009, 05:01 PM
Hopefully NBC doesn't do Day One as wrong as CBS did Jericho. Sci Fi so should have picked up Jericho...

Agreed. The way things went down with Jericho, made us be leery of network programming. It turned us off to watching CBS programming for certain.

MikePizzoff
02-Feb-2009, 05:42 PM
Ugh, hopefully it's not written like Heroes. I think that show is a super over-rated pile of mediocrity.

Mike70
02-Feb-2009, 06:14 PM
Ugh, hopefully it's not written like Heroes. I think that show is a super over-rated pile of mediocrity.

i'll second this. heroes is a gigantic piece of tv tripe. i've tried to watch it but it plays out like a teen soap opera. totally overrated, overly hyped.

Skippy911sc
02-Feb-2009, 06:16 PM
Jericho started out fantastic and ended in a whimper... I was disappointed in the conclusion and the direction the series went. Now this new one has promise, and I always welcome V to the table...I still remember having to come in as a child to watch the original...you know when kids actually played outside with each other and not across the world on Xbox live. :p

bassman
02-Feb-2009, 06:16 PM
i'll second this. heroes is a gigantic piece of tv tripe. i've tried to watch it but it plays out like a teen soap opera. totally overrated, overly hyped.

Third.

Heroes, Lost, Alias? Those credits are not helping me get behind this new show.:dead:

MikePizzoff
02-Feb-2009, 09:46 PM

Third.

Heroes, Lost, Alias? Those credits are not helping me get behind this new show.:dead:

Good to know I'm not alone!

I have friends that will not do anything the night a new episode of Heroes or Lost is on... hell, if I'm over their house and we're hanging out and they remember a Lost episode is premiering, they just want to sit there in silence for 2 (or 3) hours watching it. :rolleyes: I really don't think any show is so great that it can interfere with my social life.