PDA

View Full Version : The Comet in Night ?

Mutineer
31-Jan-2009, 02:54 AM
Wasn't there reference to a comet in the original film ? Was there a name for this Comet ?

Thanks in advance !

Mike70
31-Jan-2009, 03:07 AM
off the top of my head, i think it was a probe to venus with some sort of strange radiation that is mentioned. i don't recall a comet being mentioned but i might be wrong.

ProfessorChaos
31-Jan-2009, 03:15 AM
that would be the venus probe.

*sits back and waits for DC to show up with excess of information*;)

Mutineer
31-Jan-2009, 03:19 AM
that would be the venus probe.

*sits back and waits for DC to show up with excess of information*;)

Me too. :p

sandrock74
31-Jan-2009, 03:28 AM
Night = the Venus space probe. No comets.

It was added in via the newscaster as a "possible" means of the zombies origin. It was never meant to be concrete.

SRP76
31-Jan-2009, 03:45 AM
But the scientist that was in Washington talking to the bigwigs kept saying "there is a definite connection". The political and military jackasses kept trying to shut him up, though. Can't let the people know what they're dealing with, after all. They might not get eaten that way.

MoonSylver
31-Jan-2009, 04:10 AM
But the scientist that was in Washington talking to the bigwigs kept saying "there is a definite connection". The political and military jackasses kept trying to shut him up, though. Can't let the people know what they're dealing with, after all. They might not get eaten that way.

Yep. But in reality, it was tacked on at the insistence of some of the other members of the Image 10 group. GAR felt there should be no explanation, as there probably wouldn't be in real life either. The shit would hit the fan so quick no one would ever know why in all the chaos. But some of the others felt "no, you GOTTA have an explanation in there" :rolleyes:. So, get the Venus Probe, which GAR was never happy with.

hadrian0117
02-Feb-2009, 01:39 AM
Are you thinking of Night of the Comet? It was that 80s film where two Valley girls and the guy who played Cmdr. Chakoty on Voyager are the only survivors of a comet (that last visited 65M yrs ago). Everyone who was exposed turned to a red dust, but those partially shielded turned in zombies.

sandrock74
02-Feb-2009, 03:46 AM
Are you thinking of Night of the Comet? It was that 80s film where two Valley girls and the guy who played Cmdr. Chakoty on Voyager are the only survivors of a comet (that last visited 65M yrs ago). Everyone who was exposed turned to a red dust, but those partially shielded turned in zombies.

Geez, I remember that one. Poor Comander Chakotay...first that mess, and THEN stranded out in the Delta Quadrant!

Thorn
02-Feb-2009, 02:01 PM
I actually have a copy of that saved on my hard drive. I am not afraid to admit it...

Valley Girls? Check
Cheerleader outfit? check
Uzi? check
"zombies"? close enough.

I also have "children shouldn't play with dead things and while I find it personally to be filled with bad clothing and bad acting the FX is okay and the last stand is very much one to be enjoyed.