PDA

View Full Version : Is OBAMA Screwing up his first term?

DjfunkmasterG
05-Feb-2009, 09:21 PM
I decided to ask this question because of observations I have made recently in regards to his last 3 weeks in office.

President Obama campaigned on the CHANGE promise, but recently the true colors of Washington are shining bright and true. His last 4 picks for people to head various departments have been embroiled in Tax problems of lobbying issues. How can this man and his team not look into the backgrounds of these people before they are appointed? Also, do they not realize the impact it has when you push to have someone nominated and they sit on the hill during hearings and say "I made an error, I did them myself and used Turbo tax (or whatever software) for the first time, and it did not alert me I needed to worry about this issue.

Well, actually they are lying through their teeth when they answer like that because the software does alert you, I know because when I get royalties from the sale of my film, I can't file using TAX CUT, or TURBO TAX, it asks are you filing any of the following forms (insert #'s here) if you answer yes to anyone of those it flashes a screen saying this software does not utilizze those functions and you should consult a CPA.

Plus how does it look to the Tax Payer that you appointed someone who tried to cheat the US Government out of money owed, and you are asking this appointee to work for this government. It really sets a bizarre standard and people wonder why the middle and lower class feel the upper class gets away with everything.

So far I give Obama A D- on his first 3 weeks in office, especially in how he has been flip floppy with a lot of his campaign promises.

The stimulis bill is a whole other headache that is going to bite people in the ass. By the time every politician gets done fucking with it, the original design of the package won't do shit and we will be stuck in the same situation we are in right now. I can't fully blame Obama for this fuck up because he inherited this from Bush and the greedy as hell previous administration. However, in the end once everything has been stripped and re-written for the package it will be as worthless as the US banking industry.

Thought and comments anyone?

LoneCrusader
05-Feb-2009, 09:31 PM
Yes. With the stimulus plan, horrible cabinet picks... Not to mention he screwed up his first day with Guantanamo.

EvilNed
05-Feb-2009, 10:15 PM
Woah. Way to early to ask. But he's not perfect.

Cody
05-Feb-2009, 10:31 PM

I agree.

clanglee
05-Feb-2009, 10:50 PM
Wow. . . being kind of fair weather there aren't you DJ?

ProfessorChaos
05-Feb-2009, 10:55 PM
i believe that guantanamo being shut down in less than a year is a mistake, his picks for important government jobs who don't pay taxes doesn't look to be a smart move, and his stimulus bill to help the economy is full of all kinds of projects that are such a fucking waste of money, like $500,000 park for dogs, the ATV park, etc. and if he does a reversal of "don't ask, don't tell" and allows for gays to openly serve in the military, that's a giant fuck-up, too.

i'm sure that he'll get some good things done for our country, but so far, i'm not really likiing what i see.

AcesandEights
05-Feb-2009, 10:58 PM

I also agree.

I'm not a huge booster of Obama by any means, but I'm open minded about him. He's definitely made some mistakes on appointment picks and how the stimulus package has been handled, but he's barely been in office.

He also knocked one out of the park with Guantanamo, as far as I'm concerned, though time will tell if enough directives have been given to ensure a proper follow up on the more troubling detainees.

Kaos
06-Feb-2009, 12:15 AM
How can this man and his team not look into the backgrounds of these people before they are appointed?

What gets me is how did the IRS not catch them? It seems easy enough for others to find out who the elitist tax dodgers are. Could it be that no matter what party is in office, "certain people" are not confronted, prosecuted, and fined by the IRS? Or is the IRS as incompetent as the SEC? Maybe a lot of both?

DjfunkmasterG
06-Feb-2009, 12:30 AM
What gets me is how did the IRS not catch them? It seems easy enough for others to find out who the elitist tax dodgers are. Could it be that no matter what party is in office, "certain people" are not confronted, prosecuted, and fined by the IRS? Or is the IRS as incompetent as the SEC? Maybe a lot of both?

No shit Kaos... I agree 100% dude. I fucked up one year and forgot to include sale from stock I sold earlier that year and completely forgot about it, honest mistake. When i filed got my return all was good, then wham, 6 months later was sent a bill for $2,000.00 which shocked me until i realized I missed the stock sale in the return. So little ole me they caught in a flash, Daschle and the other numb nut got away with it for years and wouldn't have done anything, most likely, had they not been called out on it.

Bunch of BS if you ask me.

However, in regards to my original post the reason i asked and stated my opinion about him fucking up is he really has to be careful, he has to realize he is going to be watched closer than previous admins because of the government waste that was allowed to go on for years and years, not too mention how the media loves to cover and report anything suspiciously related to corruption of any form.

With all the attention on the nominees for cabinet posts it really caught my attention how his picks have been complete fuck ups and were able to get away with it until someone called them out on it.

3pidemiC
06-Feb-2009, 02:59 AM
Yeah. Every President goes through hurdles. I agree that its waaay too early to ask a question like that.

and if he does a reversal of "don't ask, don't tell" and allows for gays to openly serve in the military, that's a giant fuck-up, too.

Can you elaborate? Just because someone has a different sexual preference than your own means that they should not be allowed to fight and defend their country. Makes sense.

strayrider
06-Feb-2009, 06:20 AM
Can you elaborate? Just because someone has a different sexual preference than your own means that they should not be allowed to fight and defend their country. Makes sense.

It probably makes sense to the men and women who are forced to bunk, or shower, with them. One inappropriate remark from an openly gay service person could lead to a "blanket party", or worse.

While I agree with your comments as a matter of principle, there are still inherent problems involved with this situation.

;)

-stray-

ps -- in response to DJ's question ... yes, Obama is screwing it up. He promised "change" and, so far, is offering up nothing more than recycled garbage.

Different administration, same old crap.

Exatreides
06-Feb-2009, 06:29 AM
We had gay men and women during combat medic training.

Few of them were found out to be Lesbians and given a discharge. A pity too, they were damn good medics.

strayrider
06-Feb-2009, 07:34 AM
This cat is heading for a total mental melt-down.

bGgzOOXvZQI

Pssst ... Mr. Prez, cut taxes on the wealthy corporations, they, not you, create the real jobs ... then, sit down and shut up before you blow a blood vessel in your brain ...

His slickness, his coolness under pressure, seems diminished ... he's like a dog fart in the wind ... listen to him and you'll find that the possibility that we "might" be struck by a big rock from outer space is trivial ... we won't be here to see it if we don't do something about the economy NOW!

Middle class tax cuts? I read in today's paper that I "might" get an extra $20 on my paycheck ... wow! Bring on the dancing girls!

:barf:

-stray-

DjfunkmasterG
06-Feb-2009, 11:24 AM
Hey that $20.00 can provide an hour of entertainment at most strip clubs. Be grateful. :D

EvilNed
06-Feb-2009, 04:00 PM
We had gay men and women during combat medic training.

Few of them were found out to be Lesbians and given a discharge. A pity too, they were damn good medics.

Yeah. That's just stupid and fucked up. If anything, people who don't like it at least deserve to accept it. A persons abilities is what's important, not their sexual preference. Props to Obama for that one, actually. Less bigotry for everyone!

3pidemiC
06-Feb-2009, 05:31 PM
Man, it's been about 17 days now....of 1460! He's only served about 1.1% of his term so far. Jesus christ, give the man a chance. Nothing can be as bad as the last eight years. Nothing.

ProfessorChaos
07-Feb-2009, 12:14 AM

sure, but i think my buddy stray already did.

It probably makes sense to the men and women who are forced to bunk, or shower, with them.

SRP76
07-Feb-2009, 01:01 AM
This shouldn't be a shock. There will be the fuckups that every single administration has had. These people are politicians, despite the rose-colored glasses some people want to wear.

Anyone that expected everything to be a-ok is living in a fantasy world. You may get a different type of shit from a different political party, but it's still shit. You've had the hard, ass-straining type for awhile, now you're going to get the runny, squirting kind.

clanglee
07-Feb-2009, 01:43 AM
This shouldn't be a shock. There will be the fuckups that every single administration has had. These people are politicians, despite the rose-colored glasses some people want to wear.

Anyone that expected everything to be a-ok is living in a fantasy world. You may get a different type of shit from a different political party, but it's still shit. You've had the hard, ass-straining type for awhile, now you're going to get the runny, squirting kind.

A mystic!!!! A seer in our midst!!!! :lol::lol: Good stuff my man.

archivesofthede
07-Feb-2009, 03:06 AM
Is there really a question to say anything would be different when you elect a Democrat or a Republican? It's coke vs pepsi.

They both play to their base with some crumbs... with all the feeding off each other to maintain their bases just to get votes.

I really don't see why anyone would expect any "real" change no matter which party is in office. :rant:

strayrider
07-Feb-2009, 07:15 AM
If you sometimes feel a little useless, offended or depressed... Always remember that YOU were once the fastest and most victorious little sperm out of millions.

ROFL! :lol:

I just noticed this quote , DJ, thanks! You make me feel like $10.

:lol:

-stray-

Tricky
07-Feb-2009, 01:02 PM
sure, but i think my buddy stray already did.

Why should that bother people?one of my best mates is a gay lad & ive no problem crashing on his sofa after a night out!some people,especially straight blokes, seem to have this stupid idea/fear that gays all have some insatiable,rabid desire to bum the bejesus out of anything of the same sex & that if they get within proximity of one they'll be overpowered & sodomised,which to be fair is complete bollocks!

slickwilly13
07-Feb-2009, 02:06 PM
Why should that bother people?one of my best mates is a gay lad & ive no problem crashing on his sofa after a night out!some people,especially straight blokes, seem to have this stupid idea/fear that gays all have some insatiable,rabid desire to bum the bejesus out of anything of the same sex & that if they get within proximity of one they'll be overpowered & sodomised,which to be fair is complete bollocks!

You best be careful doing that. You are going to wake up one morning with an injured lower back and a condom hanging out of your ass. *L*

sandrock74
08-Feb-2009, 09:12 PM
Man, it's been about 17 days now....of 1460! He's only served about 1.1% of his term so far. Jesus christ, give the man a chance. Nothing can be as bad as the last eight years. Nothing.

I agree.

Mutineer
08-Feb-2009, 09:26 PM
The two party system is one in the same. We will not see any real change during this term.

The stimulus package is a joke that borrows money with interest, closing the Gitmo prisoner section did nothing but for symbolic change of policy ...

What is the change we need ?

How about shutting down the War overseas ? Shutting down a vast majority of our military bases overseas ? We have 800 or so.

This would be a huge start in cutting hundreds of BILLIONS of dollars.

Obama ran on a platform of change. Saying at one point during the primary's he'd have the troops out of Iraq in 6 months.

It's Feburary and I don't see that happening by June.

Ron Paul was my man. But he was blacklisted by main stream media, who is owned by the same corporations that are profitting off the war machine.

Oh fuck

Don't get me started. :annoyed:

Tricky
08-Feb-2009, 10:21 PM
Obama ran on a platform of change. Saying at one point during the primary's he'd have the troops out of Iraq in 6 months.

It's Feburary and I don't see that happening by June.

the Brits are pulling out in june,my ex girlfriend ships out there tomorrow with the RAF but she's only doing a 4 month tour before the pull-out, although she has been briefed to expect a "good send off" from the militias as we pull out,mortar & rocket attacks etc.....

Mutineer
09-Feb-2009, 01:18 AM
Oh that's nice. :skull: :eek: