PDA

View Full Version : W. (Dubya) - the movie...

MinionZombie
06-Feb-2009, 01:05 PM
http://deadshed.blogspot.com/2009/02/w.html

The very definition of WAY TOO SOON ... ... but Brolin rocked.

A couple of other musings here, in case you hadn't spied them:
http://forum.homepageofthedead.com/showthread.php?t=12960

Thoughts, people? What did you reckon to "W."?

ProfessorChaos
07-Feb-2009, 12:27 AM
i've not seen W. yet, so i'm going to hold off on reading your mz droppings about it...but i would like to chime in how nice it was of hollywood to release this film in u.s. theaters within a couple of weeks of the election for president this year.:rolleyes:

EDIT: sorry to hi-jack your thread, bro. i'll come back and contribute properly and chime in once i see the film.

Minerva_Zombi
07-Feb-2009, 07:55 AM
I think its a good film. Im a huge critic of Bush. I dislike him. like the rest of America I guess. lol. But, This film made me feel kinda sorry of the guy...

MinionZombie
07-Feb-2009, 11:40 AM
I think its a good film. Im a huge critic of Bush. I dislike him. like the rest of America I guess. lol. But, This film made me feel kinda sorry of the guy...
Interesting you should say that. I think the anti-Bush people shout the loudest, but equally I think there are plenty of pro-Bush folk - and also, plenty of folk who are neither one way or the other about Bush (which is where I'd situate myself).

You always hear people going on about the bad that Bush did - but what about the good he did as well? At the very least he deserves a fair 'trial', like all public figures.

Gordon Brown can still fuck off though. :lol:

Tricky
07-Feb-2009, 01:07 PM

Gordon Brown can still fuck off though. :lol:

:lol::lol: amen to that bro!

Mr.G
07-Feb-2009, 02:48 PM
The real judgement of Bush won't occur for years. (And I voted for Obama)
Just look at the recent Iraqi elections. Tell me that country would rather have Saddaam back. Freedom is a good thing.

MinionZombie
07-Feb-2009, 04:52 PM
The real judgement of Bush won't occur for years. (And I voted for Obama)
Just look at the recent Iraqi elections. Tell me that country would rather have Saddaam back. Freedom is a good thing.
Interesting you should mention that - all this re-showing of the shoe being thrown at Bush - when under Saddam would anyone do that, let alone get away with it in the end?

It's kind of ironic, the shoe thrower is protesting against Bush - the man who has actually helped make it possible for that man to both protest and lob a shoe at a political figure without getting fed to the fishes after being tortured and his family beaten, raped, and murdered.

So...there we are...

Minerva_Zombi
07-Feb-2009, 06:09 PM
Bush screwed everything up so bad that people said "Fuck it, I'm voting for the black guy." lol. Worst president ever...

MinionZombie
08-Feb-2009, 09:54 AM
Bush screwed everything up so bad that people said "Fuck it, I'm voting for the black guy." lol. Worst president ever...
Well, that's all opinion really - time and history will really tell about the legacy of the Bush Jr administration...

Just looking at it from a neutral perspective...

slickwilly13
08-Feb-2009, 02:17 PM
George really is not that bad of a guy when you get to know him on a personal level. But that goddamn Christian faction of our party got a hold of him. They are the worse thing to happen to conservatives. Our group constantly fights with them to the point where our party has almost split into another group.

MinionZombie
08-Feb-2009, 05:52 PM
Well I certainly agree that religion and politics should NOT mix ... dare I say it, it should almost be a legal demand for them not to mix - or rather lead politics.

In the movie he's a Christian, but he almost seems to be a competitive Christian at a couple of points, nor does he seem to be a bible basher - it's definitely more of a theme in the post 9/11 parts of the movie though with meetings ending with a prayer ... ... which is a bit of a cheap-ass way to cover the aspect.

Again, yet another thing in the movie that is skipped over - a movie that was made too soon, and therefore everything in the flick is rather superficial, and the tone and apparent intent shifts wildly throughout.

Minerva_Zombi
08-Feb-2009, 08:45 PM
George really is not that bad of a guy when you get to know him on a personal level. But that goddamn Christian faction of our party got a hold of him. They are the worse thing to happen to conservatives. Our group constantly fights with them to the point where our party has almost split into another group.

Im telling you. The Republicans have to get rid of these nutball Religious Right types... Or that party will never recover. I don't agree with Conservative values, in fact I think they have always been the ones to hold back the progression of America. But thats my opinion. Republicans need to weed out slime balls like Sean Hannity, Ann Coulter, those people...

_liam_
09-Feb-2009, 12:48 PM
Interesting you should mention that - all this re-showing of the shoe being thrown at Bush - when under Saddam would anyone do that, let alone get away with it in the end?

It's kind of ironic, the shoe thrower is protesting against Bush - the man who has actually helped make it possible for that man to both protest and lob a shoe at a political figure without getting fed to the fishes after being tortured and his family beaten, raped, and murdered.

So...there we are...

Ok earth to MZ, Iraq is a hellishly dangerous place now thanks to Bush. Before it was an oppressive shithole with an abominable human rights record, but your chances of getting killed by Coalition forces, insurgents or criminals was MUCH lower, if not non-existant.

Dictators run depressing, but ultimately pretty orderly shitholes

Anyway what the do you mean he's free to protest? The guy is facing FIFTEEN YEARS in prison for "attacking a head of state".

Fair play Saddam would have had him shot, but in terms of being ABLE to do such a thing, he's just as free as he was under Saddam