PDA

View Full Version : 10 Character Clichés that Must Die, (from a conservatives point of view)

EvilNed
08-Feb-2009, 09:01 AM
Found this on IMDb. It's interesting how almost all characters in the list are of characters that are directly related to the morals of some old-fashioned geezer sitting around in a rocking chair on a southern porch, and stroking his rifle. In other words, Character number 7 obviously wrote this article.

Yes, the guy has a few points. But that's not even remotely interesting (because few of them are good points anyway) compared to what kind of guy must have written this.

http://bighollywood.breitbart.com/jhudnall/2009/01/20/10-cliches-that-must-die/

The guy, first and foremost, seems to take films way to literally... He's the kind of guy who wants film to be true to HIS morals, so that the kids will learn something decent, and not that crap that's on TV today... You know the kind.

And second, I'm amused by this part: "Based on what evidence?"

The writer spews forth this line, meanwhile I've been reading the entire article thinking the exact same thing. Ironic.

fartpants
09-Feb-2009, 04:38 PM
this guy sounds more bigoted than the people he was ranting about

_liam_
09-Feb-2009, 04:51 PM
This is the black police chief

http://www.wkrg.com/media/news/cache/05-22-2008_harold_johnson-300x400.jpg

He's giving you loose cannons JUST 24 HOURS to crack this case, and that's why he's my favourite cliche

mista_mo
10-Feb-2009, 05:57 AM
This is the black police chief

http://www.wkrg.com/media/news/cache/05-22-2008_harold_johnson-300x400.jpg

He's giving you loose cannons JUST 24 HOURS to crack this case, and that's why he's my favourite cliche

Haha, oh wow.

Philly_SWAT
10-Feb-2009, 05:58 AM
The funny thing about the list is that it is rediculous! Sure, not EVERY woman in the workplace is "The Professional Bitch" as he calls them, but some are. Apparently he fails to understand that many movies try to show something other tha drab, boring, ordinary lives. If we want to see that, all we have to do is look at our own (most of us anyway :) ) So while it may be the NORM that most women in the workplace are regular human beings, some are super bitchy (which I assume most of us have seen), and the bitchy one makes a more interesting character than the non bitchy one. Same logic applies to the rest of his list.

Mike70
11-Feb-2009, 08:43 PM
how bout this character cliche, it's an oldie:

the pompous ass who pays with life. this character can be found in most disaster movies, giant monster movies, etc. he is an "authority" figure (most often a mayor or the head of the local chamber of commerce) who despite all evidence to the contrary, steadfastly refuses to believe that the danger is real. he almost always ends up dying with a look of disbelief on his face.

i would also like people who write junk science into movies to be eradicated as well. i am not talking about taking a few liberties here and there, i am talking about stuff that an informed 7th grader ought to find outrageous. crap like "armageddon." worst. movie. science. ever. also one of the movies that easily gets my vote for worst movie ever made.