PDA

View Full Version : Quentin Tarantinos Inglorious Basterds Trailer

DjfunkmasterG
13-Feb-2009, 02:50 PM
LcoPxyxpE9A

Looks interesting

MinionZombie
13-Feb-2009, 05:59 PM
I'm game ... although does anyone else feel a bit ":rolleyes:" when Eli Roth turns up acting?

Philly_SWAT
13-Feb-2009, 06:04 PM
I saw this trailer last night when I went to see Friday the 13th. As I watched it, I coudlnt help thinking "what the fuck kind of utter shit is this? Brad Pitt is doing this? etc". When I saw Tarantinos name at the end, then I thought, OK it may be funny. I want to see it.

MikePizzoff
13-Feb-2009, 06:08 PM
Looks like I'm going to love that movie...

darth los
13-Feb-2009, 06:26 PM
I'm there as well. I'm just a fan of his style of film.

:cool:

MinionZombie
13-Feb-2009, 07:26 PM
It should also be noted that this will probably be more along the lines of The Dirty Dozen, rather than Saving Private Ryan. :p

ProfessorChaos
13-Feb-2009, 08:32 PM
think i'll sit this one out, or at least until i can see it for free. that accent pretty-boy pitt was using was a bit annoying, and yes, eli roth is a tool who should just leave the film industry entirely.

3pidemiC
13-Feb-2009, 08:41 PM
I'll definately be seein this one.

MikePizzoff
13-Feb-2009, 08:53 PM
Forgot to mention I was excited to see BJ Novak in the trailer.

capncnut
13-Feb-2009, 09:53 PM
I'm up for a bit of that. Is it me or is Brad Pitt in everything these days?

major jay
13-Feb-2009, 10:47 PM
Finally a war movie that doesn't take its self too seriously.

MinionZombie
14-Feb-2009, 10:30 AM
Finally a war movie that doesn't take its self too seriously.
Aye, there needs to be a mix - something to appeal to the part of our brain that rightly thinks war is a horrible thing to endure ... ... and then something to appeal to the part of our brains (often male brains) that enjoys a bloody good ruck and a shoot about (like you get with paintball, or playing soldier as a boy etc).

krakenslayer
14-Feb-2009, 11:53 AM
Interesting movie, poor trailer.

Chic Freak
14-Feb-2009, 01:15 PM
Tyler Durden goes on an apeshit Nazi-killing mission. Sounds good to me :thumbsup:

MinionZombie
14-Feb-2009, 08:48 PM
kraken - well to be fair it's just a teaser, rather than a proper trailer - it's still being shot I think, or has just finished shooting.

Chic - hell yeah. :D

Either that or Benjamin Button out there scalping Nazis. :p

bassman
14-Feb-2009, 08:53 PM
Yeah, I'm looking forward to this. And of course there will be people bitching because it's not realistic, but obviously it's meant to be a romp.

And I agree on the Eli Roth thing. He just seems out of place in everything i've seen him in. With the exception of his Thanksgiving trailer. But that was minor so it really doesn't count.

MinionZombie
14-Feb-2009, 09:12 PM
Yeah, I'm looking forward to this. And of course there will be people bitching because it's not realistic, but obviously it's meant to be a romp.

And I agree on the Eli Roth thing. He just seems out of place in everything i've seen him in. With the exception of his Thanksgiving trailer. But that was minor so it really doesn't count.
Aye, there's a different between getting a blow job in 10 seconds of a fake trailer played for laughs, and being in a war movie with Brad Pitt.

Roth should stay out of it, and figure out what he's going to come up with that's NOT another bloody Hostel movie.

DjfunkmasterG
19-Feb-2009, 06:59 PM
I hate Eli Roth, but I wouldn't mind seeing Thanksgiving being made into a full length feature.

MinionZombie
20-Feb-2009, 10:28 AM
I hate Eli Roth, but I wouldn't mind seeing Thanksgiving being made into a full length feature.
Same here ... but then again, would it be any good beyond the trailer?

What would be awesome is "Don't!" - that trailer is so fantastic, I think it'd make a great horror flick in full, a throw back to the 70s - a combination of British and American horror sensibilities. The trailer itself is just so effed up.

Anyone know what the music (the one that sounds a bit "rock") in the trailer is?

When that kicks in I just get so amped up to see the flick, I'm like "hell yeah, gimme some of that" - it's like The Dirty Dozen filtered through Tarantino...mmm, please. :cool:

DjfunkmasterG
20-Feb-2009, 11:09 AM
DOn't know the music, but in regards to Gringhouse Trailer, Don't was the movie I voted not needing to be made into a feature. To be honest I thought it was corny and stupid.

The one, out of all that needs to be made is MACHETE! Danny Trejo is a badass mutherfucker and that being made into a feature would be worth my $19.99 for a DVD.

bassman
20-Feb-2009, 12:10 PM
I would have to go with Zombie's Werewolf Women of the SS as the most silly trailer. I don't know if I would watch a full feature of that. The Nic Cage as Fu Manchu thing was funny, though. Probably the only good thing about the trailer.

I would love to see a film of Don't and Machete. The others....not so much.

Speaking of Danny Trejo....have you guys heard about Stallone's next flick "The Expendables"? Stallone, Trejo, Rourke, Statham, Li, Lundgren, Schwarzenegger. Possibly the greatest action film of all time?:cool:

EDIT: Basterds posters - http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=24245

DjfunkmasterG
20-Feb-2009, 02:59 PM
I would actually pay to see everyone of those guys in a balls out action fest. However, is Schwarzenegger going to do it? he is after all the govenator.

bassman
20-Feb-2009, 03:11 PM
I would actually pay to see everyone of those guys in a balls out action fest. However, is Schwarzenegger going to do it? he is after all the govenator.

Yeah...he's in it (http://joblo.com/arnies-expendable). It's more of a cameo as himself, though. But still.....this flick sounds like one hell of an action flick. Just look at that friggin lineup!

This I can get behind because it's an original idea. I wan't a fan of Stallone's last John Rambo offering because it wasn't true to the original(and best), First Blood. It was a fun action film and all, but it's just not what a First Blood film should be, imho.

Basterds looks fun, but Expendables already just SOUNDS cooler.:cool:

MinionZombie
20-Feb-2009, 05:42 PM
Hooray for IB, and hooray for Expendables ... and hooray for Rambo (that movie was awesome).

Also, yes, Arnie plays himself - Governer Arnie. The line up is also kick ass.

Excellent posters too - I'm SO UP for this flick!

And yes, Machete would also make an awesome movie ("Don't" rocked, dagnammit! :)). They keep saying "oh we've got like 40 minutes already shot" and so on, but nothing happens with it ... it's like Sin City 2 - they kept saying they'd have that released last year, but still bugger all has happened with it - let's have some full answers on these flicks, please.