PDA

View Full Version : My bloody valentine 3D..

Tricky
13-Feb-2009, 06:41 PM
Just so its clear,im not interested in the film itself as it sounds like horse shit!what im actually interested in is how well the 3D has been pulled off in this one & if it spells good things for future films?ive seen 3D films before at the bradford Imax cinema when i was a kid but that was a long time ago & i would hope the technology has moved on to create a better effect!

MinionZombie
13-Feb-2009, 07:27 PM
Just so its clear,im not interested in the film itself as it sounds like horse shit!what im actually interested in is how well the 3D has been pulled off in this one & if it spells good things for future films?ive seen 3D films before at the bradford Imax cinema when i was a kid but that was a long time ago & i would hope the technology has moved on to create a better effect!
Aren't there different methods of 3-D being used by various people at the moment?

Apparently MBV3D does a lot of "poke shit into the lens" gimmicks, so I've heard anyway ... also, the movie is apparently atrocious.

axlish
13-Feb-2009, 09:36 PM
The 3D is as good as anything you've seen in a standard theatre, comparable to the stuff at Disney but even more fun. I enjoyed the film AND the 3D effects a lot.

DawnGirl27
14-Feb-2009, 10:19 PM
Agree with Axlish - the 3D was good, and the film was watchable. I found myself comparing it to the original a few times during it (waiting for the theme song, the "hot dogs" boiling in the water, etc.), but that was to be expected, and all in all, was better than I expected it to be.
Can't wait until they come out with something better then those big, clunky glasses you have to wear, though.... :rockbrow:

Purge
15-Feb-2009, 05:19 PM
The 3D thing was fun (even if it took my eyes twenty minutes to stop going berserk), but the film itself sucked. In fact, take away the 3D gimmick and you've got nothing.

Debbieangel
18-Feb-2009, 02:34 AM
I haven't seen this but I got to watch it being made!
It was made locally in my town.
I even took pictures of the actors, they were very nice to talk to us.
The Miner stood and talk to us for atleast a half an hour. Cool guy that Chris!
The way they did the store was fantastic when I can get the pics available I will post them for all to see!!
I am having abit of trouble with my computer at the moment.

Mr.G
18-Feb-2009, 12:26 PM
I would agree with most posters...the 3D made the movie watchable. Without it, just another B-movie.

MinionZombie
18-Feb-2009, 05:50 PM
Speaking of this flick - I'm going to watch the original on DVD for the second ever time.

I bought it summer 2003 and saw it for the first time, now five and a half years later or more, I'm gonna re-watch it, hehe.

Mind you, I think my copy is cut - it only very recently was re-submitted in an actually uncut (at studio level) form to the BBFC for classification for a brand new remake-cash-in DVD release...so I think my version is actually a version that was pre-cut by the studio back in the day, and passed without any BBFC cuts.

Still though, it was a moderate level slasher if memory serves.

NEMESIS23
21-Feb-2009, 09:03 PM
It looks fucking stupid to me.

Danny
21-Feb-2009, 09:14 PM
It looks fucking stupid to me.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y91/khazrak/images.jpg

fantastic review, intriguing, thought provoking and rich.

krakenslayer
21-Feb-2009, 09:18 PM
It's got Tom Atkins in it, so that's something!