PDA

View Full Version : lamest movie death ever...

Mike70
14-Feb-2009, 07:07 AM
my vote goes to this snippet of bongo matt becoming dragon pig-in-a-blanket. he's supposed to be some hard ass, military type but decides to attack a dragon with an axe and ends up as a snack instead.

this scene has spawned a term among my friends and i - "the reign of fire leap" applied to any improbable and often hilarious jump by a character in a movie.

IL_QcyCJgls

ProfessorChaos
14-Feb-2009, 06:00 PM
holy shit, mike. i've not seen that film, but wow. that was cheesy as fuck. it's gonna take quite a bit to top that. super-lame:lol:

DawnGirl27
14-Feb-2009, 10:00 PM
That was pretty bad. Some of the movies on SciFi could be put up as contenders too, for their utter cheesiness.

Tricky
15-Feb-2009, 11:45 AM
Ha ha its quite lame,but its actually quite an enjoyable film!the skydiving bit is awesome!

How about this legendary lame death scene,complete with one liner
t-tRErs5UcI

:lol:

bassman
15-Feb-2009, 01:53 PM
The Funny Games remote control scene.

pJxoLRdulUc&hl=en&fs=1

I've had people say that I "didn't get it", but it's just stupid. That's the way I see it. It breaks the fourth wall and ruins what could have been a good film.

krakenslayer
15-Feb-2009, 02:31 PM
The Funny Games remote control scene.

pJxoLRdulUc&hl=en&fs=1

I've had people say that I "didn't get it", but it's just stupid. That's the way I see it. It breaks the fourth wall and ruins what could have been a good film.

Yeah, in analytical terms it added an extra interesting layer of meaning to the film, but it totally killed the entertainment value and shows the directors disdain for his audience IMHO.

major jay
15-Feb-2009, 02:32 PM
I'm not sure whether to call this lame or awesome.
You guys decide.

GvBgdFi1y98

axlish
15-Feb-2009, 03:31 PM
yMwmqp3GLMc

sandrock74
15-Feb-2009, 05:41 PM
I couldn't find a short enough clip of it, but I always loved/hated the deaths of Leon (Jean Reno) and the crooked DEA agent (Gary Oldman) from "The Professional". I always loved how Reno SCREWS Oldman by handing him the pins from the grenades he's wearing...but I always disliked the quickness of Oldmans death. He just has time to look up and say, "Oh shit." before they are both blowed up real good.

Doc
15-Feb-2009, 07:20 PM
sjCAzjYnn9M

axlish
15-Feb-2009, 07:43 PM
Doc wins!

Which one is that? I remember seeing the sequence, and then prompty leaving the room. Man, that is just pathetic. Englund will read anything put in front of him!

LoneCrusader
15-Feb-2009, 08:45 PM
wasn't there a part in day of the dead 2 where some guy trips and falls on a rock, dies, and re-animates?

Mike70
16-Feb-2009, 01:26 AM
yMwmqp3GLMc

ugh. dear lord, what a shitty scene that is and looks fake as all hell to boot. did samuel l. jackson owe someone a favor and that is why he was in that piece of crap?

blind2d
16-Feb-2009, 02:25 AM
I always had trouble with Elevator Dude's death in the first Mission Impossible. Never had a chance...

Mike70
16-Feb-2009, 02:35 AM
I'm not sure whether to call this lame or awesome.
You guys decide.

GvBgdFi1y98

i'm torn, man, i really am. that just made me choke on my drink and now that i've watched it like 4 times, it still kills me.

okay, let's examine this one: dude drops an automatic rifle when the other guy has a handgun. he then proceeds to attack the dude with a machete and somehow evade or absorb 3 or 4 bullets fired at what amounts to point blank range. then, and this is most assuredly the icing on the cake, he proceeds to cut the guy's arm off and then beat him to death with his own arm before scalping him????

did someone tripping on PCP write this scene???

i don't know but i'm leaning towards awesome for its sheer laughter and WTF? value. what could've really topped this thing off and probably given me a stroke from laughter - if that guy had done an indian war hoop after the scalping. that'd be the sort of stuff that requires a change of pants...

ProfessorChaos
16-Feb-2009, 03:59 AM
here's a whole compilation of 'em, these are a little more comical rather than lame...i guess the two go hand-in-hand.

38Y3hvd0bFQ

sandrock74
16-Feb-2009, 04:09 AM
OK, I've got a much better one. The death of alleged badass Jango Fett!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjnD6NdC3e4

Lame.

blind2d
17-Feb-2009, 01:15 AM
Boba's was more embarassing... at least Jango gets sliced by a great Jedi. Boba has a stupid jetpack thing! Han was freakin' blind! Man...

Eagle Eye
18-Feb-2009, 03:32 PM
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d28/NSrellif/GarbageDay.jpg