PDA

View Full Version : Nine Inch Nails RIP

_liam_
16-Feb-2009, 11:38 PM
It's true, the man himself has announced an "indefnite hiatus" after the next album.

ARGH

We lose NIN but Blink 182 reform? WHERE IS THE JUSTICE

capncnut
17-Feb-2009, 12:05 AM
As much as I am saddened by NIN's 'indefinite hiatus', it might well be for the best as the quality of music has seriously deteriorated in recent years. He should leave the thing alone for five years or so and see what happens.

Also, does this mean Trent is quitting music period? The reason why I ask this is because everything he puts out will always be NIN. He's the only member technically.

And yeah, Blink182 can just f**k off and die. :dead:

_liam_
17-Feb-2009, 12:14 AM
Trent is currently in the studio with Jane's Addiction

http://www.nin.com/photoblog/uploaded_images/clue4-748616-748722.jpg

So not the last we've seen of him just yet. I really liked Year Zero! kicked the crap out of With_Teeth. But it still isn't the same is it?

Also Capn Wes Borland has buggered off back to Limp Shitkit, so Mazza is left in the lurch re: live guitarist. Next album is called "The High End of Low", will come out in may, and the first tune is called "devour". That's all Liam FM has for now :cool:

capncnut
17-Feb-2009, 12:15 AM
Also Capn Wes Borland has buggered off back to Limp Shitkit, so Mazza is left in the lurch re: live guitarist. Next album is called "The High End of Low", will come out in may, and the first tune is called "devour". That's all Liam FM has for now :cool:
Yup. And I'm hoping ol' James Iha fills the gap since he's on the new album. ;)

_liam_
17-Feb-2009, 12:27 AM
I'd have to spend the rest of my life taking cold showers.

Although word is Rob from The Prodigy is doing it. You heard their last one? I didn't think it was too bad.

MikePizzoff
17-Feb-2009, 12:31 AM
Slightly off-topic, but I can't stand Trent Reznor's recent years of being a muscled-up GQ-type meathead. What happened to the crusty lookin Trent?

_liam_
17-Feb-2009, 12:33 AM
He gave the smack & booze a kick in the arse and apparently these days he just walks his dog & works out :lol:

I agree he doesn't look as cool, but then it would be a bit lame if he still tried to rock it 90s alternative style

capncnut
17-Feb-2009, 12:36 AM
Although word is Rob from The Prodigy is doing it. You heard their last one? I didn't think it was too bad.
Yeah, wasn't too bad as it happens.

Although I would love John5 to come back but there's more chance of Osama Bin Laden being caught. ;)

Slightly off-topic, but I can't stand Trent Reznor's recent years of being a muscled-up GQ-type meathead. What happened to the crusty lookin Trent?
I miss crusty Trent. :(:D

MikePizzoff
17-Feb-2009, 12:42 AM
He gave the smack & booze a kick in the arse and apparently these days he just walks his dog & works out :lol:

Wow... rock n roll... :|

_liam_
17-Feb-2009, 12:50 AM
I hate it when rockstars clean up & become boring, but in fairness, when you've ODd on heroin and had sex with Courtney Love, it's probably time to start buying smoothies :lol: The last guy who did that didn't turn out too good

capncnut
17-Feb-2009, 12:59 AM
It wouldn't surprise me is there was a sizable underground club called 'Survivors of Courtney'. She must give a blinding nosh 'cos I dunno what people see in her. You looked at her lately? She ain't far off Michael Jackson. :lol:

I gotta admit though, that picture of Trent with Dave Navarro intrigues me. If he's helping them record the new album then that's surely got to be investigated. I thought Jane's last one was a blinder.

Minerva_Zombi
17-Feb-2009, 06:02 AM
It's true, the man himself has announced an "indefnite hiatus" after the next album.

ARGH

We lose NIN but Blink 182 reform? WHERE IS THE JUSTICE

Blink 182 is very good band.

As much as I am saddened by NIN's 'indefinite hiatus', it might well be for the best as the quality of music has seriously deteriorated in recent years. He should leave the thing alone for five years or so and see what happens.

Also, does this mean Trent is quitting music period? The reason why I ask this is because everything he puts out will always be NIN. He's the only member technically.

And yeah, Blink182 can just f**k off and die. :dead:

I think NIN has been at a high lately. Year Zero is their best album IMO.

Mike70
17-Feb-2009, 06:20 AM
I hate it when rockstars clean up & become boring, but in fairness, when you've ODd on heroin and had sex with Courtney Love, it's probably time to start buying smoothies :lol: The last guy who did that didn't turn out too good

oh my , i just choked over that.

BOOOOOO!!! bubblegum punk almost at its worst. blink 182 are about as punk as a pixie stick. they are the diet coke, nay the coke zero of what qualifies as punk to 18 year old fuck wads these days.

my grandma and aunt edith could've kicked it more hardcore than them when they were both like 92, they might've thrown out a hip apiece but they still would've been more punk than blink 182 will ever be.

capncnut
17-Feb-2009, 10:20 AM
I think NIN has been at a high lately. Year Zero is their best album IMO.
What! Better than The Downward Spiral or The Fragile? :rolleyes:

Precisely why you think Year Zero is NIN's best album...

Chic Freak
17-Feb-2009, 02:30 PM
http://www.nin.com/photoblog/uploaded_images/clue4-748616-748722.jpg

I second the "wtf happened to Trent?" sentiments, I didn't even recognise him!

Any guesses as to how much the tickets for their lsat tour will be going for on ebay? :rolleyes: Yet another great band I've managed to miss out on seeing :(

It wouldn't surprise me is there was a sizable underground club called 'Survivors of Courtney'. She must give a blinding nosh 'cos I dunno what people see in her. You looked at her lately? She ain't far off Michael Jackson. :lol:

Indeed; her 'before and after' is more dramatic than Trent's:

before:

http://www.members.tripod.com/~prestomanifesto/radiate.jpg

after:

http://c2.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/102/l_4570c898e0eefc381943f5c09860439d.jpg

:stunned:

_liam_
17-Feb-2009, 03:27 PM
Is that Max from Sepultura? :lol:

STEP AWAY FROM THE CRACKWHORE

Minerva_Zombi
17-Feb-2009, 07:44 PM
What! Better than The Downward Spiral or The Fragile? :rolleyes:

yes

Precisely why you think Year Zero is NIN's best album...

i just like it much better than anything else trents released. its a beautiful record. every track is as good as the last. it doesnt lagh anywhere. and it has that old school nin feel without trying to be old school.

_liam_
17-Feb-2009, 09:51 PM
Yep I dig Year Zero, it feels old school like Minerva says, but doesn't try too hard - see With_Teeth

CooperWasRight
17-Feb-2009, 10:32 PM
People are making WAY to much out of this whole thing, in his "farewell" statement he clearly states it is time to make Nine inch nails disappear for a while ..... Reznor has also displayed his concept of time is to say the least abit different then you average joe. For long time fans waiting more then a year for a Nin album is not something new. The wait was well worth it for "The fragile"... It was not so worth it for "With teeth"... Thus really disproving the foolish notion that time determines the quality of a good Nin album. I was just getting used to a productive Trent and am a little saddened that he is indicating he is going back to his old ways in a new way.

capncnut
17-Feb-2009, 11:06 PM
Yep I dig Year Zero, it feels old school like Minerva says, but doesn't try too hard - see With_Teeth
Don't get me wrong, I like all of NIN's records but everything beyond The Fragile is a shadow of their earlier stuff. It's still nice but it ain't a patch by a long shot.

I mean the song Reptile ruins the Year Zero album alone...