PDA

View Full Version : GTA: The Lost And Damned Out Now

ProfessorChaos
18-Feb-2009, 12:43 AM
20 bucks well spent to freshen up an already great game. the new bike physics are a treat, plus some killer weapons, new music, new multiplayer modes, new achievements.

will post more detailed thoughts later.

who else is having a blast right now?:D

MinionZombie
18-Feb-2009, 10:24 AM
I'd like to - but as I've explained in previous threads, I can't. :(

I recently re-started GTA IV itself though, but then got distracted by STALKER: Clear Sky, which I've almost finished...then back to GTA IV again methinks.

Perhaps one day I'll get to play Lost & The Damned - or watch it being played on YouTube or something.

sammylou
18-Feb-2009, 01:40 PM
The new bike physics are really cool, and the new weapons are also fun. Without a doubt worth the $20 dollars.

MinionZombie
18-Feb-2009, 05:55 PM
The new bike physics are really cool, and the new weapons are also fun. Without a doubt worth the $20 dollars.
Could you chaps elaborate on the improved bike physics? How do they compare to the original game?

ProfessorChaos
19-Feb-2009, 01:06 AM
you've almost gotta try to get thrown off your bike. there's been quite a few moments where i've expected to bail, only to have my bike spin a bit then correct itself.

the 900 series street bikes can still get pretty easily spun around when taking off. not exactly what i was hoping for, so i'm a bit let down by that. seems like in GTA:SA the 900 bike was pure hell on wheels, but never really tough to control, and always took off like a bullet....not so much in the lost and damned...other than that, though, the bike physics are way better. much harder to get thrown off or spin out, so you can get some serious speed.

i still like SA's bikes and biking physics better, especially if you CJ's stats maxed out. but this DLC makes bikes fun in the new liberty city, unlike before.

ProfessorChaos
26-Mar-2009, 08:59 PM
finally beat the story last night. overall, i think i enjoyed this episode just as much as niko's story. the new bike physics are awesome, the cinematic camera you can use while riding with your biker gang is pretty neat, and there's lots of gang wars and races to do after the main quest is done. probably the best MS points i've ever spent.:)

MinionZombie
27-Mar-2009, 10:58 AM
finally beat the story last night. overall, i think i enjoyed this episode just as much as niko's story. the new bike physics are awesome, the cinematic camera you can use while riding with your biker gang is pretty neat, and there's lots of gang wars and races to do after the main quest is done. probably the best MS points i've ever spent.:)
Interestingly it was said recently that they would have sold waaaaaay more copies (more than Killzone 2 easily) if they'd released it as a DVD hard copy - not everyone has XBL, nor a HDD - such as me - so I can't yet play it.

I sincerely hope they release it (and any follow-up DLC) on a disc that I can buy in a shop and physically handle - I guarantee you they'd rake in a bucket of cash, more than you could get by only releasing it as DLC.

MikePizzoff
27-Mar-2009, 01:48 PM
I sincerely hope they release it (and any follow-up DLC) on a disc that I can buy in a shop and physically handle - I guarantee you they'd rake in a bucket of cash, more than you could get by only releasing it as DLC.

I dunno... ya gotta think about what it would cost them to get the discs pressed at a plant and ship them out and everything. It might not be worth it for them to accommodate to people such as yourself.

MinionZombie
27-Mar-2009, 06:46 PM
I dunno... ya gotta think about what it would cost them to get the discs pressed at a plant and ship them out and everything. It might not be worth it for them to accommodate to people such as yourself.
Well considering that the DLC did well, but nowhere near as well as GTA IV did, it'd make far more financial sense to release it on disc to 360 and PC (considering the deal with DLC that MS got).

Anyway, it may have done well - but nowhere near as many people got the DLC as the game itself - ergo, "oi - MS/R* - geeus-tha'-on-a-disc!"