PDA

View Full Version : Twin peaks, what happened?

Danny
21-Feb-2009, 09:32 PM
So i got the boxset cheap and ive been watching it for a while, and had to rewatch them when my relatives who caught its first run on sky wanted to check it out again and its probably one of my favorite tv shows of all time.
im about halfway through season one right now and im guessing that agent cooper, probably one of my favorite tv show characters, up there with noah bennet, fox mulder and tim bisley to name a couple, is actually the killer. he showed up in town too fast, and whilst he can appear to be a genius who is solving complex riddles he could just be retracing his own steps. that or hes schizophrenic. but thats what i like about this show, one minute you think its some gas station guy, or a dude on a motorcycle, then you think it could be the abusive trucker or the creepy psychiatrist. lynch throws you a curveball every episode.
See ill watch an episode of the x files or buffy the vampire slayer or dexter and ill enjoy it, but in the first ten minutes or so ive spoilt it for myself and figured out the plot, this is one of very few shows where i just cant do that and i never see what's coming.
its a shame it was cancelled,and i hear the movie prequels crap, and i know its stupid to rave about a show thats decades old but if you aint seen this HMV's got season one going for under £15 and its totally worth it. if your have seen it join in the raving and dust off your copy.

and make yourself a damn fine cup of coffee.:D

-and with that a little nostalgia for fans.

gMXjjHFz__A

capncnut
22-Feb-2009, 02:30 AM
I got through the first season but it's having the time to watch the rest. The man you wanna chat with is Kortick, he's a walking Twin Peaks encyclopedia.

While we're on the subject of coffee, click this (http://ecomm.davidlynch.com/catalog/coffee_house.php).

Kaos
22-Feb-2009, 04:08 AM
Thread moved.

Eyebiter
23-Feb-2009, 12:33 PM
AFTER you watch both seasons of Twin Peaks rent Fire Walk with Me.

Danny
23-Feb-2009, 12:40 PM
"rent"? this aint 1996! i got dvd's in here!

Eyebiter
23-Feb-2009, 12:59 PM
By all means add it to your DVD collection.

Reason I said rent- FWWM is controversial among "true" Twin Peaks fans. Some enjoy the film as a book end to the television series while others despise it with fanatical hatred reserved for infidels.

Danny
23-Feb-2009, 01:20 PM
aye ive heard very mixed things about it.