PDA

View Full Version : Chappelle's wife 'salty' over $50M walk away.

DjfunkmasterG
12-May-2006, 11:29 AM
http://entertainment.msn.com/tv/article.aspx?news=223064&GT1=7703

The Associated Press

NEW YORK -- Dave Chappelle is still explaining to his wife why he left his Comedy Central show and walked away from a $50 million contract.

"My wife is still a little salty with me," Chappelle joked on NBC's "Late Night With Conan O'Brien" on Wednesday night. "She's not mad at me, but don't think you can walk away from $50 million and your wife is just going to be cool with it."

In frequent TV appearances over the past few months, the comedian has repeatedly defended his sudden departure last year from the popular and lucrative "Chappelle's Show."

With humor and candor, Chappelle, 32, has laughed at claims that he's "crazy," and said he had doubts about how racial elements of his show were received.

He has since returned to performing standup and released the concert documentary, "Block Party."

On "Late Night," he also joked about his quick exodus to Africa, where he stayed after leaving "Chappelle's Show."

"When you go to Africa, especially your first time, you have this overwhelming feeling like you're home," he said. "I had a feeling of `man, this feels like home.'

"I think I felt that way because there was a McDonald's in the airport."

bassman
12-May-2006, 12:00 PM
"I think I felt that way because there was a McDonald's in the airport."

:lol:

Comedy Central has been airing ads for about 6 months now, saying that Season 3 of Chappelle's show is coming soon.....

Danny
12-May-2006, 02:37 PM
that shows damn funny.

SAMUEL JACKSON!.....MUTHA****A!

DjfunkmasterG
12-May-2006, 02:54 PM
I'm Rick James BIATCH! :D

mista_mo
12-May-2006, 03:20 PM
what did the five fingers say to the face?

SLAP

I loved the one where he played Prince too..now that was funny

DjfunkmasterG
12-May-2006, 03:22 PM
what did the five fingers say to the face?

SLAP

I loved the one where he played Prince too..now that was funny

The funniest thing I ever heard or seen about prince was the Kevin Smith special "An evening with Kevin Smith" where he went into detail about working and talking with Prince.

mista_mo
12-May-2006, 03:28 PM
never seen that before..so I'll have to take your word for it. Man, I need to buy those chappelle show DVD's..well, when I get some money..heh..

Danny
12-May-2006, 03:38 PM
"this heres dave"

"hi dave"

"good evening bitches"

------

"is wayne brady gonna hafta strangle a bitch?"

"run bitch run for your life ,get some help!"

:lol: :lol: :lol:

mista_mo
12-May-2006, 03:40 PM
oh yea..that was great...seeing wayne brady act like that made me cry from laughing so much...

oh what was it..i'm trying to think here...ahh, it's on the tip of my tongue..

oh yea, the R.Kelly thing....

"I wanna pee on you"

hahaha

erisi236
12-May-2006, 04:35 PM
http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f352/erisi236/5finger.gif

:D

Danny
12-May-2006, 04:49 PM
its official ,everyone loves chappels show.:lol:

IM WAYNE BRADY BITCH!:lol:

MinionZombie
12-May-2006, 04:53 PM
hehe, that Prince one was on last night ... bitches ... yeh the man's an idiot. FIFTY-MILLION you muppet. Damn. Worried about how the racial stuff comes over? WHITE people like me who hate the average lame race-based jokes laughs endlessly at Chappelle's Show.

Silly bugger.

bassman
12-May-2006, 04:53 PM
its official ,everyone loves chappels show.:lol:

IM WAYNE BRADY BITCH!:lol:

I like Chappelles Show but I F*cking hate how everyone and their brother constantly quote the "Charlie Murphy's True Hollywood Stories" skit and the "Wayne Brady" episode.:mad:

Honestly....out of every person that I've heard make those quotes(which is ALOT)....have they not seen any other episode???

But yeah, Chappelle shouldn't worry about that race stuff. He does it the right way and makes it funny. That Mencia guy is trying to do that....but failing horribly. That show sucks...

mista_mo
12-May-2006, 04:56 PM
I like the racist humour..I mean, he doesn't just go

"White people are gay"

He makes fun of every race...he doesn't single any out

erisi236
12-May-2006, 04:58 PM
http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f352/erisi236/rickjames2.gif

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f352/erisi236/fyocouchsmll.gif

Danny
12-May-2006, 04:58 PM
"white people are gay"?, who knew i better head out and find some dudes in tight pants then:lol:

MinionZombie
12-May-2006, 04:59 PM
Heck yes, I've got that DVD and that's a funny ass story, "CHAKKA MAD!". You'll be pleased to know that - August 15th - An Evening With Kevin Smith 2: Evening Harder, comes out!! WOOOOO!! I can't wait, two hundred and thirty odd more minutes of hilarity, that man can tell a damn funny anecdote.

"Good evening bitches", goddamn that's a funny show.

mista_mo
12-May-2006, 05:01 PM
Hellsing..your kinda...creeping me out...but uhh, between you and me and the russian spy satellite, I got tight pants on...call me

Danny
12-May-2006, 05:02 PM
..novak is that you?:shifty:

mista_mo
12-May-2006, 05:04 PM
who in tarnations is novak..you never told me about this guy, why, when, how, what, where....WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME...YOU SAID YOU LOVED ME!!

ahem

bassman
12-May-2006, 05:04 PM
Heck yes, I've got that DVD and that's a funny ass story, "CHAKKA MAD!". You'll be pleased to know that - August 15th - An Evening With Kevin Smith 2: Evening Harder, comes out!! WOOOOO!! I can't wait, two hundred and thirty odd more minutes of hilarity, that man can tell a damn funny anecdote.

"Good evening bitches", goddamn that's a funny show.

That's good news. I haven't heard about that.

DjfunkmasterG
12-May-2006, 05:44 PM
Hellsing..your kinda...creeping me out...but uhh, between you and me and the russian spy satellite, I got tight pants on...call me

:D

Now thats funny, i don't care who you are. :D