PDA

View Full Version : Clint Eastwood's Greatest Movie: The Finals!

SRP76
24-Feb-2009, 01:39 AM
After countless matchups, we've finally narrowed the field.

In the end, we've come down to 3 movies that stand as "The Best of Clint".

Vote for your winner.

Finalists:
The Outlaw Josey Wales
Escape from Alcatraz
The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly

clanglee
24-Feb-2009, 02:22 AM
Well since my favorite (Unforgiven) didn't make it, I'll go with Outlaw.

SRP76
25-Feb-2009, 08:38 PM
Looks like Josey Wales is going to be crowned the best.

capncnut
25-Feb-2009, 10:45 PM
Yeah, but we all know Dirty Harry kicks more ass.

So who's next? Kevin Costner? :lol:

AcesandEights
25-Feb-2009, 10:49 PM
I'm the only person who has voted for The Good, The Bad and The Ugly?!

Good grief. :|

SRP76
25-Feb-2009, 10:57 PM
Yeah, but we all know Dirty Harry kicks more ass.

So who's next? Kevin Costner? :lol:

Costner's a jerkoff.

clanglee
25-Feb-2009, 11:15 PM
I'm the only person who has voted for The Good, The Bad and The Ugly?!

Good grief. :|

I was torn.. . but outlaw was fresher in my mind. . so it got the vote.

MoonSylver
25-Feb-2009, 11:39 PM
I was torn.. . but outlaw was fresher in my mind. . so it got the vote.

I was torn as well...I REALLY wanted to go w/ TGTBATU. Epic movie. Awesome cinematography. Leone's direction & the editing is astonishing. Score is heavenly. One of the greatest shootouts ever at the end. (hmmm am I starting to change my mind?)

Reason I voted TOJW? #1 the story. I really connected with it on a human level. It has heart. #2 - since this is a CLINT'S greatest movie poll it occurred to me that he really isn't IN TGTBATU all that MUCH! His performance in JW tops TMWNN in TGTBATU IMO & he directed JW to boot.

I'm just SHOCKED that Unforgiven didn't make it to the finals. I really am.

Crappingbear
19-Apr-2009, 04:46 PM
If I recall, Clint directed Josey Wales too. He has turned out to be a pretty darn good director. Man has had a hell of a career.

MoonSylver
19-Apr-2009, 11:28 PM
If I recall, Clint directed Josey Wales too. He has turned out to be a pretty darn good director. Man has had a hell of a career.

Yes he did & yes he has. :D If I were to be an actor, type, that right there is the career to aspire to. I think a lot of it is because he's a pretty bright guy w/ a lot of varied interests.

Crappingbear
20-Apr-2009, 02:22 AM
Yes he did & yes he has. :D If I were to be an actor, type, that right there is the career to aspire to. I think a lot of it is because he's a pretty bright guy w/ a lot of varied interests.

He did two very interesting and not famous flicks. Play Misty For Me (I think his first directorial debut) where he played a radio dj with a murderous chick stalking him and a gothic civil war western called the Beguiled which is pretty darn wierd. Seen'm?

MoonSylver
20-Apr-2009, 04:34 AM
He did two very interesting and not famous flicks. Play Misty For Me (I think his first directorial debut) where he played a radio dj with a murderous chick stalking him and a gothic civil war western called the Beguiled which is pretty darn wierd. Seen'm?

Yep. He's a pretty unlikable bastard in the Beguiled...weird little flick...Play Misty For Me...very good. Interesting choice for a directorial debut & very against typecasting, especially that (relatively) early in his career. And the first time I saw Fatal Attraction? "Holy shit, they totally ripped off Play Misty For Me!"