PDA

View Full Version : Magic: The Gathering

Arcades057
24-Feb-2009, 02:58 AM
Anyone play it? What do you think of the newest block?

clanglee
24-Feb-2009, 03:36 AM
Used to. . long time ago.

DeadJonas190
24-Feb-2009, 04:44 AM
Anyone play it? What do you think of the newest block?

I used to play until the rules changed so much it wasn't fun anymore. I also got stuck playing with people who wanted to play every game with tourney rules which banned or restricted most of my decks.

It's been about 9 years since I last played, I do kind of miss it.

Arcades057
24-Feb-2009, 05:52 AM
You guys should sell me your cards then.

Also the new set is pretty good. Some wicked new mechanics.

I think you're talking about "the stack," right, Jonas? I didn't care for it that much either. When I started Magic it was "fast-effects, interrupts, instants, sorceries." Now it's some "first in last out" BSry.

Mr.G
24-Feb-2009, 01:32 PM
I played this game years ago. I liked it but the rules seemed to change with every new set. Plus, with my zombie and comic book hobbies, MAGIC had to go.

DjfunkmasterG
24-Feb-2009, 01:46 PM
I played when the first Generation decks came out, and quite sometime around the Fallen EMpire pack, and 4th gen standard deck release.

I have an Undead deck, mostly Vampires.

Danny
24-Feb-2009, 02:05 PM
me and all my friends used to play it in our early teens, till i pulled a pyrexian hulk or something like that and kept kicking ass with my mountain/swamp combo tech. got a few a while back and its just not the same.

slickwilly13
24-Feb-2009, 02:51 PM
I friend of mine tried to get me into it 10 years ago. But I could not get into the grove of playing it.

AcesandEights
24-Feb-2009, 03:04 PM
I never really liked Magic: the Gathering and thought it blew an ill wind into the tabletop gaming community. A plague wind.

I'm sure it's not all that bad though. :)

EvilNed
24-Feb-2009, 03:33 PM
A pox on it! And all it's kind!

clanglee
24-Feb-2009, 08:00 PM
I never really liked Magic: the Gathering and thought it blew an ill wind into the tabletop gaming community. A plague wind.

I'm sure it's not all that bad though. :)

It was sort of a side thing for our group. And we still do the classic tabletop RPGs you know. So no real ill effects were had.